Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Hi, I am really worried and stressed out.

Hi, I am really worried and stressed out.

Old Feb 11th 2001, 8:01 pm
bhogalb

Hi, I am really worried and stressed out. In April/00 I went to India to visit. Well I got
engaged. When I came back to Canada I thought, ok to speed up the process, we will have a
marriage certificate. So I signed this paper that came to Canada stating I agree to marry
"Bob" from India. Sure enough a few weeks later I got a marriage certificate. Bob has
completed his medicals. HE has just received a notice for an interview, no date given yet.
I am worried sick, does this mean he will not get the visa. We do have an engagement
movie, pictures, letters, cards, telephone bill, I am even going to India to visit. So do
you think there will be a problem because there is no religious ceremony. I wanted to do
that in Canada along with a big wedding reception. I really want to start my life with
Bob. Help am I just worried for nothing. If I did have to appeal what are my chances of
him getting the visa? I feel like I am going though an emotional roller coaster. Help,
waiting for an early reply.
P.S: I am a born Canadian Citizenship,is that in my favour!!! Bobbi

Old Feb 11th 2001, 8:28 pm
HT

Don't be stressed out. If you feel confident about your case, everything will almost 100%
turn out well. Just put your mind to everything that you have to deal with in Canada
every day and time flies. Just let himprepair himself well for the interview and
everything will be ok.

Good luck!

Old Feb 11th 2001, 9:03 pm
Mmoose1234

Hi Bobbi,

I'm no immigration consutant and have no clue about marriage-based immigration, but it is
apparent from your post that you are simply going through a case of nerves, you just want
to be with your hubby asap I am sure that things will work out!! If you're a Canadian
citizen and if your husband is healthy without any background check problems, it's your
right to have him join you! So don't worry, it's all going to work out. There's a club on
yahoo someplace for marriage-based canadian immigration, where you'll find support from
others in your situation. It's just a matter of time...

>Subject: Hi, I am really worried and stressed out.

>Date: 2/11/2001 1:01 PM Pacific Standard Time Message-id: <[email protected]>
>
>Hi, I am really worried and stressed out. In April/00 I went to India to visit. Well I
>got engaged. When I came back to Canada I thought, ok to speed up the process, we will
>have a marriage certificate. So I signed this paper that came to Canada stating I agree
>to marry "Bob" from India. Sure enough a few weeks later I got a marriage certificate.
>Bob has completed his medicals. HE has just received a notice for an interview, no date
>given yet. I am worried sick, does this mean he will not get the visa. We do have an
>engagement movie, pictures, letters, cards, telephone bill, I am even going to India to
>visit. So do you think there will be a problem because there is no religious ceremony. I
>wanted to do that in Canada along with a big wedding reception. I really want to start my
>life with Bob. Help am I just worried for nothing. If I did have to appeal what are my
>chances of him getting the visa? I feel like I am going though an emotional roller
>coaster. Help, waiting for an early reply.
>P.S: I am a born Canadian Citizenship,is that in my favour!!! Bobbi
>
>

>
>
>
>

Old Feb 12th 2001, 3:35 am
Royann

It sounds like his application is going thru the process just like it's supposed to, so I
think it will be okay! I have a Yahoo club about Canadian Immigration for those applying
as a fiancee or spouse. Please join us at:
http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/canadianimmigration good luck, Royann /