Help with WES

Old Oct 30th 2017, 3:44 pm
Just Joined

christopherjames is just really nicechristopherjames is just really nicechristopherjames is just really nicechristopherjames is just really nicechristopherjames is just really nicechristopherjames is just really nicechristopherjames is just really nicechristopherjames is just really nice
Default Help with WES

Hi All,

I am at the beginning of getting the WES educational assessment. I was initially told by a Lawyer that my 2 year NVQ Level 2 diploma in Hairdressing was valid to count for points. I have done some searching on here and see its not. I have also crossed checked that with the WES site.

So now the only other qualifications I have are:

One year Higher Education Certificate.

I have also completed the first year of an undergraduate degree (1 year out of 3 (degree incomplete)). In UK its called 120 credits for that 1st year academic transcript.

I have two questions if anyone can help?

1. Does the 1 year of incomplete degree count for anything?

2. If I submit the Higher Education Certificate should I also submit my GCSE secondary school results to be assessed as well?

Any info appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited by christopherjames; Oct 30th 2017 at 3:47 pm.
Old Oct 30th 2017, 3:46 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help with WES

1. Nope. Only completed credentials count for points.
2. Not sure what a HEC is, but assuming it's post-secondary, then no, you don't need to include GCSE's as well, you only need your highest level of education.

HTH.
Old Oct 30th 2017, 3:48 pm
Just Joined

christopherjames is just really nicechristopherjames is just really nicechristopherjames is just really nicechristopherjames is just really nicechristopherjames is just really nicechristopherjames is just really nicechristopherjames is just really nicechristopherjames is just really nice
Smile Re: Help with WES

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
1. Nope. Only completed credentials count for points.
2. Not sure what a HEC is, but assuming it's post-secondary, then no, you don't need to include GCSE's as well, you only need your highest level of education.

HTH.
Thank you!