Help - Quebec selected applicant

Old Jan 3rd 2011, 8:46 am
Forum Regular

quebec is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help - Quebec selected applicant

Dear all,

I am a Quebec selected applicant. I had sent off my PR application to CHC London on 17 October 2010, and it was received on 18 October 10 - according to the Royal Mail online tracking system (I hope so!!!). Since then, I have not heard any thing from CHC London; neither AOR nor medical forms. And the most worrying thing is that the bank draft, dated 4 September 10, hasn't been cashed yet, as I checked with my bank two days ago. And that the draft will expire if not cashed within six months - though almost four months have already been passed...

As well, four weeks ago I had made a case specific enquiry requesting for my file number, but to no avail.

Could anyone with a similar situation advise me on this? I will greatly appreciate it.

Thank you!
Old Jan 3rd 2011, 4:27 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help - Quebec selected applicant

Banker's drafts do not expire - ever. Your application is in a queue at present awaiting the start of processing. As a Quebec selected applicant you should hear from the federal office shortly. Patience is the best policy at present.
Old Jan 3rd 2011, 5:42 pm
Forum Regular

andy85 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
Banker's drafts do not expire - ever. Your application is in a queue at present awaiting the start of processing. As a Quebec selected applicant you should hear from the federal office shortly. Patience is the best policy at present.
Actually I believe bank drafts can expire - this is what I read on the London visa office instructions:

"Important: Bank drafts / bank cheques have limited validity. Ensure that your bank draft / bank cheque is not older than two months when it reaches this office."

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca...ees-frais.aspx

I would check again with Royal Mail to make sure they indeed really did deliver the documents and otherwise sit tight....they'll let you know if there's a problem with the payment believe me!

I am slightly concerned with how long it seems to be taking the London office to process PR applications at the moment...slightly worrying...I wonder what they're doing?
Old Jan 3rd 2011, 6:17 pm
Forum Regular

Many thanks Jim and Andy for your prompt responses; much appreciated. I will certainly check with the post office just to ensure that the package has arrived at CHC... Also I had a look at the website by Andy and it did say that... 'bank draft / bank cheque is not older than two months when it reaches this office'. But when I sent the PR application, the bank draft was 1.5 months old. It seems like I've got no option than "wait and see"!!!!
Old Jan 3rd 2011, 6:23 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by quebec
Many thanks Jim and Andy for your prompt responses; much appreciated. I will certainly check with the post office just to ensure that the package has arrived at CHC... Also I had a look at the website by Andy and it did say that... 'bank draft / bank cheque is not older than two months when it reaches this office'. But when I sent the PR application, the bank draft was 1.5 months old. It seems like I've got no option than "wait and see"!!!!
Hope you get it sorted! I am literally handing in my PR application this Friday as I'll be in London and can put it in the drop-off box.

Just out of interest, what did you have written on your Quebec Selection Certificate under "19. Remarque"....the reason I ask is that other people I have spoken to who applied have various codes etc....so of which indicate priority processing in some cases....
Old Jan 3rd 2011, 9:05 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by andy85
Hope you get it sorted! I am literally handing in my PR application this Friday as I'll be in London and can put it in the drop-off box.

Just out of interest, what did you have written on your Quebec Selection Certificate under "19. Remarque"....the reason I ask is that other people I have spoken to who applied have various codes etc....so of which indicate priority processing in some cases....
Wow!!!! I did not realize about this secret code. Thanks for telling me. It says "I must submit my PR application to the canadian visa office no later than (date: by end 2011) otherwise the present CSQ expires". Meanwhile it says 2013 against date d'échéance under 21. Isn`t it quite confusing? Does it indicate priority processing? What does yours say under 19 and 21?
Old Jan 3rd 2011, 9:20 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by quebec
Wow!!!! I did not realize about this secret code. Thanks for telling me. It says "I must submit my PR application to the canadian visa office no later than (date: by end 2011) otherwise the present CSQ expires". Meanwhile it says 2013 against date d'échéance under 21. Isn`t it quite confusing? Does it indicate priority processing? What does yours say under 19 and 21?
I've spoken to a few people going the Quebec route and some were really fast....one person I spoke to had his PR granted within 4 months of submission....and this is during the last month only!

yes apparently there at least was (whether it exists anymore I'm not sure) a code or something on the CSQ which different people have difference versions of and one indicates some sort of priority.....on mine it states " code 130. La demande de visa de resident permanent doit etre presentee....etc) it's the "code" bit at the beginning...some people have 120 others 130 etc and it means something but I can't find out what!
Old Feb 21st 2011, 11:55 pm
Account Closed

amitbajwa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by andy85
I've spoken to a few people going the Quebec route and some were really fast....one person I spoke to had his PR granted within 4 months of submission....and this is during the last month only!

yes apparently there at least was (whether it exists anymore I'm not sure) a code or something on the CSQ which different people have difference versions of and one indicates some sort of priority.....on mine it states " code 130. La demande de visa de resident permanent doit etre presentee....etc) it's the "code" bit at the beginning...some people have 120 others 130 etc and it means something but I can't find out what!
Hi,

Have you got your Federal Visa ?

Actually I am also in the process of applying Quebec visa via Canadavisa.com.
Please can you advise what level of French I should know before interview?

My lawyer says “as long as you have some basic knowledge of French, you should be fine”.

I have no previous knowledge of French but I have already started learning at home using Rosetastone 3 levels, also I am planning to take 2 weeks intensive course from www.alliancefrancaise.org.uk.
Please advise me if I carry on spending 2 hours a day for next 6 months, should I be able to cope with French language ? or would you advise getting personal tuition few hours a week ?

Please give me your advice as French language is my biggest worry in the application.

Regards,
Amit
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 12:45 am
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

Here's a hint
Spamming any thread to do with Quebec with the same question will not get you answers any quicker
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 1:03 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zoe Bell
Here's a hint
Spamming any thread to do with Quebec with the same question will not get you answers any quicker

but this help vampire expects people to answer immediately - <wanders off to the "what annoys me" thread>
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 1:12 am
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
but this help vampire expects people to answer immediately - <wanders off to the "what annoys me" thread>
I hadn't come across that term until recently but it's soooooo true!