Help needed, education assessment

Old Sep 23rd 2015, 2:12 pm
Just Joined

sarahkk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help needed, education assessment

Hello, I need some advice regarding the education assessment for express entry.
We had hoped for a job offer for my husband but that has fallen through so we are looking at express entry.
He's 42 and we are concerned about how he is supposed to prove his GCSE qualifications. The immigration website requires original certificates and proof of study. He no longer has his certificates, left school in 1989 and doesn't know who the exam boards were.
He has some professional qualifications for which he has certificates but no proof of study.
Any advice on how to deal with this? We have everything else ready to submit in to the pool, but this is holding us back.
Thanks in advance and apologies if there is a very simple solution that we have overlooked!
Old Sep 23rd 2015, 2:38 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: Help needed, education assessment

Just to add, I have just realised that his professional qualifications may not apply for assessment as they are not academic, so please ignore that bit!
Old Sep 23rd 2015, 3:04 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

The best thing to do would be to contact the school to find out who his exams were with, or they might even be able to provide proof of his finishing secondary school.

Does he have any further qualifications? What are you scoring on the FSW and CRS points scores?
Old Sep 23rd 2015, 3:33 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

P.S. If it helps, I'm 39 and my GCSE's were done with Edexcel I think. But unless he has post-secondary education, I'm still not sure he'll score enough to be eligible as a FSW, so that's the first thing to check.
Old Sep 23rd 2015, 5:23 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the replies. Unfortunately it looks like express entry is closed to us now. We really thought that the job was going to happen but now I think we have to accept that the dream is over. Absolutely devastated, but that's enough self pity for today! Thanks anyway.