help,with conviction

Old Feb 27th 2017, 8:18 pm
Forum Regular

paulwidnes1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default help,with conviction

hey guys a few years back i was in canada on the working holiday visa for 2 years i returned to the uk , no worries , recently however i got into a scrap and got charged with 2counts of assault , now i have a long distance relasionship with my canadian girlfriend and i plan on visiting her at christmas will i be aloud ? I got community service and a fine , british citizen thankyou
Old Feb 27th 2017, 8:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: help,with conviction

Originally Posted by paulwidnes1
hey guys a few years back i was in canada on the working holiday visa for 2 years i returned to the uk , no worries , recently however i got into a scrap and got charged with 2counts of assault , now i have a long distance relasionship with my canadian girlfriend and i plan on visiting her at christmas will i be aloud ? I got community service and a fine , british citizen thankyou
Thats a conviction that will render you inadmissible to Canada.
You can apply for a temporary resident permit to overcome the inadmissibility.

Read this link about TRP's
Temporary Resident Permits (TRPs)

With it just being a recent conviction you won't be able to apply for rehabilitation until 5 years after completing any sentence imposed i.e. when fine paid off in full and CSO is completed.

Its probably easier for her to visit you.
Old Feb 28th 2017, 5:25 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Its probably easier for her to visit you.
Probably easier to find a new girlfriend closer to home!
Old Mar 1st 2017, 9:24 pm
Forum Regular

its alright gents , flew in lastnight on a cheap ticket , didnt get asked anything , yeh ive finished my cs and fines payed ages ago plus id already had the electronic authorisation no worries
Old Mar 1st 2017, 9:35 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

its alright gents , flew in lastnight on a cheap ticket , didnt get asked anything , yeh ive finished my cs and fines payed ages ago plus id already had the electronic authorisation no worries
you won't get 'asked anything', the onus is on you, the traveller, to check out the laws of the country you're travelling to.

Paying your fine or finishing Community Service doesn't have any bearing on it, it's five years from the end of sentence, so you've got a while to go until you could even apply for criminal rehab (not that it seems you did!). The ETA also has no bearing on things, on the ETA application page it clearly states that you cannot visit Canada with convictions but seems you ignored that bit.

Put simply, you've entered Canada when you shouldn't have done and ignored FL's advice (who by the way is a CBSA officer) to apply for a TRP. Let's just hope you're not found out eh?

And I hope you've no plans to apply for PR in the future, because you may well just have scuppered that.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Mar 1st 2017 at 9:38 pm.
Old Mar 2nd 2017, 12:38 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Not being asked does not necessarily make you admissible.
Old Mar 2nd 2017, 1:54 am
"In cruce vincam"

rivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to Canada. If you've just come for a holiday and you cause no trouble then I personally don't see the problem. If, however, you've come with the intention of staying long-term and you've ignored the rules, I hope you're sent back to the UK.
Old Mar 2nd 2017, 2:21 am

hey guys a few years back i was in canada on the working holiday visa for 2 years i returned to the uk , no worries , recently however i got into a scrap and got charged with 2counts of assault , now i have a long distance relasionship with my canadian girlfriend and i plan on visiting her at christmas will i be aloud (allowed) ? I got community service and a fine , british citizen thankyou
How loud do you want to be? You missed Christmas, it was a tad over 2 months ago (or in 10 months time and you are a bit early!)
Old Mar 2nd 2017, 9:25 am
Forum Regular

lol im only here for a few weeks , i,dont intend on staying anyway shes coming home with me in a month , the bloke gave me 6 months and no,im,not a trouble maker , made a silly,mistake , we all,do
Old Mar 2nd 2017, 10:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Vulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond repute

lol im only here for a few weeks , i,dont intend on staying anyway shes coming home with me in a month , the bloke gave me 6 months and no,im,not a trouble maker , made a silly,mistake , we all,do
None of that is relevant.

You became criminally ineligible to enter Canada when you were convicted. Merely paying fines etc is not enough, you will be eligible to apply for rehabilitation five years after you paid them (and the sentence as a whole was completed).

If you already had an eTA, you will be familiar with the questions it asks; like 'have you ever been arrested', or 'ever committed or convicted of a crime'. If you ever apply for a new one, or any future status to be with your girlfriend, you will need to declare those. Because of that, it will get looked at by eyes, they match your entry/exit records, see that you entered when you were not eligible, and insert problem here up to ban from entering Canada.
Old Mar 2nd 2017, 10:41 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

No, not everyone, in fact the majority of people don't.
Old Mar 2nd 2017, 12:53 pm
Forum Regular

DaleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDaleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDaleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDaleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDaleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDaleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDaleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDaleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDaleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDaleBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDaleBoy has a reputation beyond repute

Everybody gets found out eventually...
Old Mar 2nd 2017, 8:27 pm

made a silly,mistake , we all,do
Some do, not all.
Old Mar 4th 2017, 2:55 am
Just Joined

welsh113 is an unknown quantity at this point

Good ole censorship gotta love it...... People are saying false facts on here to scare people, I for one think this is wrong.
Old Mar 4th 2017, 7:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Vulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond repute

People are saying you should follow Canadian immigration law when immigrating to Canada. Your entreaty to commit a additional offences in order to gain a kind of conditional PR that can be removed, and have you deported, at any time, is wrong.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.