Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

HELP can't find staus of my son's application

HELP can't find staus of my son's application

Old Jan 18th 2018, 8:20 pm
Forum Regular

callysykes is an unknown quantity at this point
Question HELP can't find staus of my son's application

Our family received confirmation of permanent residency back in September. We sent off photos for the actual cards. 3 of the 4 came back but my youngest son's photo was rejected. We received a letter asking for a new photo- (i had a lot of personal things going on and missed that there was a deadline). Having realized I missed the deadline I sent the photo in with the letter but it would have arrived 4-5 days late. The problem I have now is we still haven't received his PR card and I am panicking that they have just cancelled his application (which is what it said would happen in the letter). I can't work out how to find out the status of his PR card??? Does anyone have any clue how I can find out? I have tried checking the status on the CIC website but it doesn't find his application.
Old Jan 18th 2018, 8:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Vulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HELP can't find staus of my son's application

Originally Posted by callysykes
Our family received confirmation of permanent residency back in September. We sent off photos for the actual cards. 3 of the 4 came back but my youngest son's photo was rejected. We received a letter asking for a new photo- (i had a lot of personal things going on and missed that there was a deadline). Having realized I missed the deadline I sent the photo in with the letter but it would have arrived 4-5 days late. The problem I have now is we still haven't received his PR card and I am panicking that they have just cancelled his application (which is what it said would happen in the letter). I can't work out how to find out the status of his PR card??? Does anyone have any clue how I can find out? I have tried checking the status on the CIC website but it doesn't find his application.
First question: You're talking about two different things (begin with Confirmation of Permanent Residency, which is a large white sheet of paper issued when they agree to let you move to Canada, and then talk about PR cards, which is a credit-card sized piece of plastic issued after your arrival in Canada). Have you yet landed as PRs in Canada? Or have you just been approved? Or were you already PRs and needed documentation of it? If you haven't yet landed, when do your CoPRs expire?