Help

Old Jul 28th 2016, 8:33 pm
Just Joined

Spurs2015 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help

Hi, apologies if I've posted this in the wrong place but I am after some beginner advice, basically I've been looking into the possibility of working in Canada and so far through the research I've done I've found my current job role on the skilled occupation list under skilled type B which with this code it appears I may be able to gain entry under the federal skilled worker or federal skilled trades program visas. My question is where do I go next? I have been looking at job websites but is it as easy as just applying for what would suit me from England or are there other steps/websites I need to be visiting first? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old Jul 28th 2016, 9:08 pm
Just Joined

ascouser is a splendid one to beholdascouser is a splendid one to beholdascouser is a splendid one to beholdascouser is a splendid one to beholdascouser is a splendid one to beholdascouser is a splendid one to beholdascouser is a splendid one to beholdascouser is a splendid one to beholdascouser is a splendid one to beholdascouser is a splendid one to beholdascouser is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Help

We did some research at the various working overseas seminars held in the UK. We attended one in London and one in Newcastle. Mostly same companies/ provinces exhibiting - try to find out as much info, without handing over any pound notes, as possible.
Good luck
Old Jul 29th 2016, 11:18 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help

Originally Posted by Spurs2015
Hi, apologies if I've posted this in the wrong place but I am after some beginner advice, basically I've been looking into the possibility of working in Canada and so far through the research I've done I've found my current job role on the skilled occupation list under skilled type B which with this code it appears I may be able to gain entry under the federal skilled worker or federal skilled trades program visas. My question is where do I go next? I have been looking at job websites but is it as easy as just applying for what would suit me from England or are there other steps/websites I need to be visiting first? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Hi, welcome to BE.

Have you checked your points scores and other eligibility? Great that your occupation is 'skilled', but there's lots of other criteria to meet.

For FSW, you'll need to score above 67 to qualify - Six selection factors – Federal skilled workers. As well as the other criteria.

What is your NOC code? It will need to be a trade for FST, again as well as meeting the other criteria.

But if you are definitely eligible for one of those two routes, you'll then need to check your points score on the CRS, you'll need to be above approx 450-480 to be in with a chance. Express Entry – Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) Criteria

As for job hunting, unless you're in an occupation very much in demand, then just looking online isn't likely to get you anywhere. Have a look at the Job Hunting section of the Wiki for more info on how to go about finding a job offer.

Good luck.