Help

Old Feb 8th 2001, 3:14 am
alma0603

I sponsored my nephew who is 16 years old under family class and it was refused since he
is not considered as a family class. Can I appeal? He is in a situation wherein his future
will be wasted. Right now he is exposed to an environment where his father is a drug
addict and cannot even support the family because of drugs and gambling. My sister is the
one working and many times he abandon the family. Under humanitarian and compassionate
grounds, the welfare of the child should be taken into consideration as well as the
outcome of his future if exposed to this environment for the rest of his life. We are
close to each other and I know I can give him a good future. We also have evidence to
support these case and the whole neighbor knows whats going on in the family. Do i have
the right to appeal? My concern is the welfare of the child because he has potential to be
a great citizen if proper family values and guidance are behind him, and my family can
offer that. Pls. advise!