Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Hello from Newby struggling with EE profile

Hello from Newby struggling with EE profile

Old Oct 4th 2017, 9:40 am
Forum Regular

JoDe2017 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Hello from Newby struggling with EE profile

Originally Posted by vickkib123
Are you on linkedin? I use it quite a bit for work. I look where I want to go, start connecting with people in those areas etc,see what it gets me. Its worked so far, plus I got two friends of mine jobs in Dubai, by putting the word out on facebook. Think out the box, and look at every avenue, that is legal you can.But never say never.
Hi,

Thank you for your reply.
I am on LinkedIn, I am a little shy about approaching people about work through LinkedIn but I will certainly consider it, thank you.

I have recently looked at the Nova Scotia PNP, as there was something about them wanting skilled workers, however, when I started to fill in the application just to see how I got on it asked me for an EE profile number, which I have but it is obviously for an ineligible profile and a job bank number which I haven't got because I don't have a valid EE profile, grrrrrrrrrrr.

It seems like when there is a glimmer of hope I get dropped on my backside again!

Thanks again for your advice.

Best wishes.
Old Oct 4th 2017, 1:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Engineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JoDe2017
Hi,

Thank you for your reply.
I am on LinkedIn, I am a little shy about approaching people about work through LinkedIn but I will certainly consider it, thank you.

I have recently looked at the Nova Scotia PNP, as there was something about them wanting skilled workers, however, when I started to fill in the application just to see how I got on it asked me for an EE profile number, which I have but it is obviously for an ineligible profile and a job bank number which I haven't got because I don't have a valid EE profile, grrrrrrrrrrr.

It seems like when there is a glimmer of hope I get dropped on my backside again!

Thanks again for your advice.

Best wishes.
You cannot bypass the requirement to be eligible for one of the federal programs (Quebec may be an exception). The PNP programs are more a way for the provinces to pick who they want and therefore guarantee those people the points to be selected.

From what I am reading in your other posts you need to get your FSW points up by 2 points or find a way to get a temp work permit and then qualify for CEC after a years work experience in Canada.
Old Oct 4th 2017, 3:27 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Engineer_abroad
You cannot bypass the requirement to be eligible for one of the federal programs (Quebec may be an exception). The PNP programs are more a way for the provinces to pick who they want and therefore guarantee those people the points to be selected.

From what I am reading in your other posts you need to get your FSW points up by 2 points or find a way to get a temp work permit and then qualify for CEC after a years work experience in Canada.
Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

That's correct. Do you have any advice on how to obtain a temporary work visa, I looked in to this and my friend in BC thought this may be an easier option for me but it appears that you still need to get accepted in to the EE pool?

Cheers,

Jo
Old Oct 4th 2017, 3:48 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

That's correct. Do you have any advice on how to obtain a temporary work visa, I looked in to this and my friend in BC thought this mat be an easier option for me but it appears that you still need to get accepted in to the EE pool?
No, that's not correct. Getting a temp work permit has nothing to do with PR, it's a standalone process.

To get a TWP, you need a job offer and a LMIA, but you don't need to be in the EE pool.

HTH.
Old Oct 4th 2017, 3:51 pm
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=christmasoompa;12353602]No, that's not correct. Getting a temp work permit has nothing to do with PR, it's a standalone process.

To get a TWP, you need a job offer and a LMIA, but you don't need to be in the EE pool.

HTH.[/QUOTE
Hi,

No, sorry, I meant the poster was correct about me requiring 2 extra points for the fsw.
So, basically just keep doing what I'm doing, applying for jobs and networking and eventually get myself over there to try and network face to face?

Thanks.
Old Oct 4th 2017, 3:58 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

No, sorry, I meant the poster was correct about me requiring 2 extra points for the fsw.
So, basically just keep doing what I'm doing, applying for jobs and networking and eventually get myself over there to try and network face to face?

Thanks.
I meant you weren't correct about being in the EE pool being a requirement for a TWP, not that you were saying the other poster wasn't correct about needing extra points. So my correction was to you, not your reply to Engineer_abroad about him being correct.

Make sense?! I need a lie down now.
Old Oct 4th 2017, 4:03 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
I meant you weren't correct about being in the EE pool being a requirement for a TWP, not that you were saying the other poster wasn't correct about needing extra points. So my correction was to you, not your reply to Engineer_abroad about him being correct.

Make sense?! I need a lie down now.
Haha, ohhhhh, I'm a bit slow today, it's been a long one. So, it is something I can look in to. Just go back to the gov website? My friend did think it might be an easier option for me to get a foot in so to speak, I got really excited and then something didn't work out but I forget what.

Thanks so much x
Old Oct 4th 2017, 7:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Engineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Haha, ohhhhh, I'm a bit slow today, it's been a long one. So, it is something I can look in to. Just go back to the gov website? My friend did think it might be an easier option for me to get a foot in so to speak, I got really excited and then something didn't work out but I forget what.

Thanks so much x
If you can get a temp work permit (via either LMIA supported job offer or a route that it LMIA exempt such as ICT) you would then gain FSW and CRS points for Canadian work experience which would make a PR application, potentially, more successful in the future.
Old Oct 4th 2017, 8:00 pm
Forum Regular

If you can get a temp work permit (via either LMIA supported job offer or a route that it LMIA exempt such as ICT) you would then gain FSW and CRS points for Canadian work experience which would make a PR application, potentially, more successful in the future.
Thanks very much for your advice, I really appreciate it. I'll look in to this. So far I haven't had any joy with any job applications but I'll keep trying ☺.

Take care.
Old Oct 4th 2017, 8:55 pm
"In cruce vincam"

rivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond repute

I think it was Colonel Sherman Potter in M*A*S*H who said to Hawkeye in a particular episode: "Rule one of war is men die. Rule two of war is you can't change rule one". I'm afraid the same truism can be applied to the FSW requirement for 67 points.

I'm sure you'll find a way. For many of us it was a struggle to get here - but equally, for most, it was worth it (certainly for me).
Good luck!
Old Oct 4th 2017, 9:01 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by rivingtonpike
I think it was Colonel Sherman Potter in M*A*S*H who said to Hawkeye in a particular episode: "Rule one of war is men die. Rule two of war is you can't change rule one". I'm afraid the same truism can be applied to the FSW requirement for 67 points.

I'm sure you'll find a way. For many of us it was a struggle to get here - but equally, for most, it was worth it (certainly for me).
Good luck!
Haha, brill. Yes, there certainly doesn't seen to be an easy way in for me anyway. I appreciate it must have been difficult for everyone though, I'm just jealous that you are all already there 😂😁.
I just need a sympathetic employer who's loaded and maybe can relate to my situation 😊😊 and who needs my skill set and can't find anyone in Canada to do the job hahaha.

Thanks for the encouragement x
Old Oct 5th 2017, 10:34 am
Forum Regular

Hey,

So I tried on the cic website to see if I was eligible to apply as a temporary worker by putting in that I wished to work for both under 6 months and over 6 months but both times it said that I was ineligible to apply. So, I think job offer is going to be the only way forward for me

Plus as I really only have Environmental and Administrative experience and qualifications I am limited unless I retrain, again!!
Old Oct 5th 2017, 10:59 am
SUPER MODERATOR

So I tried on the cic website to see if I was eligible to apply as a temporary worker by putting in that I wished to work for both under 6 months and over 6 months but both times it said that I was ineligible to apply. So, I think job offer is going to be the only way forward for me
There is no way of you moving as a temp worker without a job offer - see post no. 34 above. That's why it's saying you're not eligible.

HTH.
Old Oct 5th 2017, 11:03 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
There is no way of you moving as a temp worker without a job offer - see post no. 34 above. That's why it's saying you're not eligible.

HTH.

Oh, I see, thank you.

I'm just going round in circles, I am now re-checking PNP's when I should be working on my masters.
Old Oct 7th 2017, 1:34 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Oh, I see, thank you.

I'm just going round in circles, I am now re-checking PNP's when I should be working on my masters.
Worth a quick check, you may find a stream that you can look in to further. Now get back to that masters! Good luck with it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.