Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

HealthCare System in Canada!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HealthCare System in Canada!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Feb 15th 2001, 9:01 pm
Nikica Spoljar

hello,

As I said it before I have been trying to gather as much information about Canada as I
can. I'm interested in Canada HealthCare System nowdays. Just tell me how It works and
wheather there are some helpfull web sites. How much have to be paid for, let say,
"normal" level of health security in Canada health system? Are everyone able to have it?
If aren't why not? And things which could be useful. Thank you very very
much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nikica

Old Feb 15th 2001, 9:10 pm
WebImmigration.Com

Hi:

Generally, to qualify for medicare in most provinces you must reside in that Province, you
must be a Canadian citizen or landed immigrant. If you have temporary status, contact your
Provincial healthcare agency to ask if healthcare coverage is available.

Contact the Provincial health care authority in your province for an application. In most
instances, you will need your Social Insurance Number, copies of your visa or landed
immigrant papers. When your coverage begins, you will receive a Healthcare care with your
name and personal health number. Carry this card with you at all times.

Medicare covers medical services, including physician fees and hospital costs, with the
following exceptions:

-examinations for employment or insurance purposes -telephone advice -cosmetic surgery
-prosthesis (artificial body parts) -acupuncture -routine dental treatment.

Yours truly, Ingrid Y. Chen, B.A., LL.B.

> hello,
>
> As I said it before I have been trying to gather as much information about Canada as I
> can. I'm interested in Canada HealthCare System nowdays. Just tell me how It works and
> wheather there are some helpfull web sites. How much have to be paid for, let say,
> "normal" level of health security in Canada health system? Are everyone able to have it?
> If aren't why not? And things which could be useful. Thank you very very
> much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
> nikica

Old Feb 17th 2001, 6:22 am
Gary L. Dare

See http://www.utoronto.ca/hlthadmn/dhr/4.html by Professor Raisa Deber.

--
Gary L. Dare [email protected]

"Je me souviens"