Goods To Follow Forms

Old Oct 2nd 2006, 3:39 pm
Forum Regular

Tantallon7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Goods To Follow Forms

Hi folks

I'm landing later this week at Toronto, and - maybe I'm being very stoopid here - but I can't figure out which of the 2 forms - B4 and B4a - are which. In other words, which one is the Goods To Follow list [ i.e. goods you're intending to bring with you AT A LATER DATE [ in my case, next September 07] ] , and which is simply the goods you're bringing into the country with you, when you land?
I'm not moving permanently until Sept 07, simply Landing for 10 days on Wenesday, then coming home.

Thanks!
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 4:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

jempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Goods To Follow Forms

Originally Posted by Tantallon7
Hi folks

I'm landing later this week at Toronto, and - maybe I'm being very stoopid here - but I can't figure out which of the 2 forms - B4 and B4a - are which. In other words, which one is the Goods To Follow list [ i.e. goods you're intending to bring with you AT A LATER DATE [ in my case, next September 07] ] , and which is simply the goods you're bringing into the country with you, when you land?
I'm not moving permanently until Sept 07, simply Landing for 10 days on Wenesday, then coming home.

Thanks!
the goods you are landing with goes on the form that has only a few lines! which i think is B4. the form that has a whole page of spaces is the goods to follow. hope that makes sense
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 4:45 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jempee
the goods you are landing with goes on the form that has only a few lines! which i think is B4. the form that has a whole page of spaces is the goods to follow. hope that makes sense

Thanks - I thought that was probably the case, but it's not clear [ at least, not to a dolt like me! ]
Cheers!
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 4:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

jempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Tantallon7
Thanks - I thought that was probably the case, but it's not clear [ at least, not to a dolt like me! ]
Cheers!
oh dont worry, you will question yourself and check things over and over and over and over again...............then once more, until it drives you insane

Not that anyone was remotely interested in mine! gutted after all the time i took!
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 5:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

dozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jempee

I just asked a few questions of the nice lady on the BIS help line and she just answered this one although it wasn't in relation to the specific questions I was asking. The B4 is the cover sheet and the B4a is the continuation sheet. If you are compiling at list of the goods that will follow you, on the cover sheet B4 you tick the box to indicate that this is the list of goods to follow, the box is about half way down the form just above the classification type section. If you are compiling a list of goods that you brought with you still use a B4 and continue on B4a, should it be required, you just don't check the Goods to Follow box.

She also stated that it would be help full to have 2 copies of both lists and preferably typed.

If you want I posted a electronic fillable versions of these forms on here a while ago, the first set were a bit problematical so use the set in the answer #18.

Dozzzzy
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 5:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

dozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dozzzzy
I just asked a few questions of the nice lady on the BIS help line and she just answered this one although it wasn't in relation to the specific questions I was asking. The B4 is the cover sheet and the B4a is the continuation sheet. If you are compiling at list of the goods that will follow you, on the cover sheet B4 you tick the box to indicate that this is the list of goods to follow, the box is about half way down the form just above the classification type section. If you are compiling a list of goods that you brought with you still use a B4 and continue on B4a, should it be required, you just don't check the Goods to Follow box.

She also stated that it would be help full to have 2 copies of both lists and preferably typed.

If you want I posted a electronic fillable versions of these forms on here a while ago, the first set were a bit problematical so use the set in the answer #18.

Dozzzzy
Actually I just had another look at the B4a and there is also a Goods to Follow check box on that form also so I guess you should tick it, if that particular continuation sheet is for Goods to Follow and leave it unchecked if it is a continuation list of stuff you are taking with you.

Dozzzzy
Old Oct 2nd 2006, 5:33 pm
Forum Regular

Dozzzzy

Thanks for those fillable PDFs, they're great, really helpful!
Old Nov 15th 2006, 4:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ibraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to all

dozzzzy,
Thanx a million, your a star

Originally Posted by dozzzzy
Actually I just had another look at the B4a and there is also a Goods to Follow check box on that form also so I guess you should tick it, if that particular continuation sheet is for Goods to Follow and leave it unchecked if it is a continuation list of stuff you are taking with you.

Dozzzzy