Goods/Courier Question Please....

Old Oct 9th 2006, 11:50 pm
Just Joined

ally & rey is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Goods/Courier Question Please....

Hi all
In regard to goods bringing with us upon landing, is there a weight limit?.. second, with the goods to follow, I have 2 boxes of brand new cookingware and 2 boxes of brand new bed sheets, do I need to pay tax coz it's not used items?...

thanks
ally
Old Oct 10th 2006, 12:54 am
Forum Regular

Lionel_in_Ontario is a jewel in the roughLionel_in_Ontario is a jewel in the roughLionel_in_Ontario is a jewel in the roughLionel_in_Ontario is a jewel in the roughLionel_in_Ontario is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Goods/Courier Question Please....

Originally Posted by ally & rey
Hi all
In regard to goods bringing with us upon landing, is there a weight limit?.. second, with the goods to follow, I have 2 boxes of brand new cookingware and 2 boxes of brand new bed sheets, do I need to pay tax coz it's not used items?...

thanks
ally
1) The only weight limit is what the airline bringing you over dictates. 20kg typically for charter (Transat, Zoom, etc), 2x32kg on BA, etc. This is per person. Charter airlines will sting you for excess, 5GBP per kilo usually.

2) As long as it's declared in your goods to follow list, should not have to pay tax.
Old Oct 10th 2006, 3:03 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Lionel_in_Ontario
1) The only weight limit is what the airline bringing you over dictates. 20kg typically for charter (Transat, Zoom, etc), 2x32kg on BA, etc. This is per person. Charter airlines will sting you for excess, 5GBP per kilo usually.

2) As long as it's declared in your goods to follow list, should not have to pay tax.

Thank you so much.
ally
Old Oct 10th 2006, 6:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

dozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond repute

I think that technically you are supposed to have owned, possessed and used it abroad (I thought there was something about having owned the items for 6 months, but can't find that bit now), unless it's a wedding gift from and the wedding occurred within 3 months of arrival

See the the second page of the B4 form under the Tariff Item 9807.00.00 (Settler) section, top of the second column

Dozzzzy
Old Oct 10th 2006, 8:36 pm
Forum Regular

Lionel_in_Ontario is a jewel in the roughLionel_in_Ontario is a jewel in the roughLionel_in_Ontario is a jewel in the roughLionel_in_Ontario is a jewel in the roughLionel_in_Ontario is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by dozzzzy
I think that technically you are supposed to have owned, possessed and used it abroad (I thought there was something about having owned the items for 6 months, but can't find that bit now), unless it's a wedding gift from and the wedding occurred within 3 months of arrival

See the the second page of the B4 form under the Tariff Item 9807.00.00 (Settler) section, top of the second column

Dozzzzy
Well, looks like the OP will have to remove said items from their original packaging then!!
Old Oct 10th 2006, 10:22 pm
Just Joined

Well, looks like the OP will have to remove said items from their original packaging then!!
yup, that's my plan. Remove all packaging materials and transfer everything into new boxes. We don't have a lot to ship but overtime been buying new cookingware as I love cooking plus it's cheaper here in the US.

thanks
ally