Funds while landing

Old Jan 30th 2001, 12:34 am
wallacedsouza

I just recieved my landing papers. I have to land before March 5th.

I had applied in India and am currently in Australia. (I received the landing papers in
Australia). I would like to travel directly from Australia to Toronto. I do not have
sufficient amount of funds in Australia to show while landing. But I have older bank
statements from my Indian account. Will that be sufficient proof of funds while landing. I
plan to land in Canada soon, stay for a couple of weeks and return to Canada permanently
after 4 months.

Can the immigration officer deny entry into Canada if I have sufficient funds while
landing? Has anybody experienced this kind of situation?

I appreciate your advice.

Thank you

Old Jan 30th 2001, 5:09 pm
WebImmigration.Com

Hi:

You may want to provide an updated bank statement from India as proof of funds available
to settle in Canada

The immigration officer at the port of entry may refuse entry or report you to a Senior
Immigration officer if they determine that you are in violation of Canada's Immigration
Act. They may also put conditons on your landing papers.

Yours truly, Ingrid Y. Chen, B.A., LL.B.

> I just recieved my landing papers. I have to land before March 5th.
>
> I had applied in India and am currently in Australia. (I received the landing papers in
> Australia). I would like to travel directly from Australia to Toronto. I do not have
> sufficient amount of funds in Australia to show while landing. But I have older bank
> statements from my Indian account. Will that be sufficient proof of funds while landing.
> I plan to land in Canada soon, stay for a couple of weeks and return to Canada
> permanently after 4 months.
>
> Can the immigration officer deny entry into Canada if I have sufficient funds while
> landing? Has anybody experienced this kind of situation?
>
> I appreciate your advice.
>
> Thank you