Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Funds when landing at border to activate PR

Funds when landing at border to activate PR

Old Nov 21st 2017, 2:20 pm
Just Joined

uk2can2018rp is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Funds when landing at border to activate PR

Hello,

I am new to the forum and was hoping someone could give me some advice or see if anyone has been in this situation.

I am a CEC outland applicant who's PR has been approved. I am going to activate my PR early next year however i wanted to know what proof of funds i need when landing at the airport? I did not have to show Proof of Funds when applying because i was a CEC applicant however i am reading somewhere that i need around $12,500.

I am aiming to arrive with $6,000, do you think i will be ok with this amount when activating my PR? Worried i will get refused if i don't have enough!

Thanks in advance for any help!
Old Nov 21st 2017, 2:39 pm
Just Joined

Bobrovsky is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Funds when landing at border to activate PR

Hi,

According to the messages on various immigration forums, it is very unlikely that immigration officer will check your funds at the airport. It was more popular 10 - 15 years ago. But now they usually ask about funds only for customs purposes.

I am not familiar with CEC route.
Does CEC route assumes that you will have a job just after arrival?

If this sum is really required for landing, it is good to have some bank statements. Or you can always show 1-2 bank cards. It is reasonable to have some money in cash and some money on cards.
Old Nov 21st 2017, 2:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Engineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Funds when landing at border to activate PR

Originally Posted by uk2can2018rp
Hello,

I am new to the forum and was hoping someone could give me some advice or see if anyone has been in this situation.

I am a CEC outland applicant who's PR has been approved. I am going to activate my PR early next year however i wanted to know what proof of funds i need when landing at the airport? I did not have to show Proof of Funds when applying because i was a CEC applicant however i am reading somewhere that i need around $12,500.

I am aiming to arrive with $6,000, do you think i will be ok with this amount when activating my PR? Worried i will get refused if i don't have enough!

Thanks in advance for any help!
you need nothing as you are a CEC applicant. I was not asked to show any proof of funds when I landed as CEC early this year.

You will still need to declare any funds over $10,000 or equivalent for custom purposes.

Last edited by Engineer_abroad; Nov 21st 2017 at 2:43 pm.