Funds

Old Oct 3rd 2017, 12:16 am
Just Joined

Tez1882 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Funds

Hi

We are currently about to apply for PR and I have a question regarding section4...

we are a family in Ontario, that have been living and working in the Province for the last 4 years after coming to Canada through the IntraCompany Transfer Visa.

I have just been recently approved for OINP and my company has instructed their immigration lawyers to proceed with PR. They have requested this information from me.

I was under the immpression that proof of funds was not required, if you are already a resident and settled in Canada and have been supporting yourselves for the last 4 years....?
What should my response on the application or to the lawyers be?

Thanks for your help
Old Oct 3rd 2017, 12:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Funds

If you have been or will be nominated by a PNP you need to check what funding/income requirements you need to meet for that program.

You may also need to meet a Federal funds requirement. It's not possible to say on the basis of the info you've provided. If the lawyer is asking you for that information, provide it to them.
Old Oct 3rd 2017, 12:41 am
Just Joined

Tez1882 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Snowy

I have already been approved for PNP (OINP), this is for the PR.

sorry if i'm getting confused over this! lol
Old Oct 3rd 2017, 2:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Engineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

from OINP website:

Express Entry is a new application management system introduced by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) to manage permanent resident applications for skilled migration to Canada. To qualify for Express Entry and be considered for nomination by Ontario, candidates must qualify for one of two federal immigration programs:
•Federal Skilled Worker Program
•Canadian Experience Class

Assuming you have qualified for IRCC EE by CEC (and you automatically will over FSW if you are eligible) then you will be exempt from federal proof of funds. I don't know more about the OINP system im afraid.

Chances are the lawyer is asking for information they ask from everyone so they can assess what you are and are not eligible for and will use this information to determine what route to take in the PR application.

Last edited by Engineer_abroad; Oct 3rd 2017 at 2:05 pm.
Old Oct 3rd 2017, 2:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

You need to check the OINP funding/income requirement for the steam you've been nominated under. The requirements don't just go away because you're already nominated. I have just looked at the program guide for one of the streams and there is a section on settlement funds. If the lawyer is asking for that information give it to them.

Last edited by Snowy560; Oct 3rd 2017 at 2:16 pm.