FSW List Announced Today

Old Apr 18th 2013, 9:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Waggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud of
Default Re: FSW List Announced Today

Originally Posted by gb_griffiths
< snip >! Great big pile of < sniping > < snip >!

< snip >!
< snip >!
< snip >!
< snip >!
< snip >!
< snip >!
< snip >!

Back to the drawing board.

Circa £1,000 down and thoroughly < sniped > off. At least I got out of that lawyer situation before they bled me dryer than Pharaoh 's flip-flop.

Edit: Thank you to everyone on here who has taken the time to help me and answer my questions. If I can work out an alternative way in I'll probably be back to pester you all again at a later date.

Special mentions:
Christmasoompa (despite heavily editing my industrial English)
AmyDavid
graham1710
Howefamily
siouxie
Why not book a holiday to Canada, see if you can secure some interviews ahead of time, preferably with an employer who has heard of the word LMO, and see if you can secure a job offer?

Then you don't have to worry about getting within the cap for the May intake, you won't even need proof of funding.

Will take more effort but many people on this forum have got into Canada that way, so it's doable.

Best of luck,
Wayne.
Old Apr 18th 2013, 9:21 pm
Forum Regular

gb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Waggle
Why not book a holiday to Canada, see if you can secure some interviews ahead of time, preferably with an employer who has heard of the word LMO, and see if you can secure a job offer?

Then you don't have to worry about getting within the cap for the May intake, you won't even need proof of funding.

Will take more effort but many people on this forum have got into Canada that way, so it's doable.

Best of luck,
Wayne.
Way ahead of you Wayne. See a post or two above. It all depends on my reaction to a possible UK job offer now. If job offer occurs then option...

1) Steady Eddy career enhancement in the UK

v's

2) < Snip > or bust all out gung-ho attempt to get to Canada?

Right now I'm feeling reckless.
Old Apr 18th 2013, 9:24 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Way ahead of you Wayne. See a post or two above. It all depends on my reaction to a possible UK job offer now. If job offer occurs then option...

v's

But before you come over for a recce (if you decide to go for broke) make sure you have converted your professional qualifications or you are going to get nowhere.

Treat it as an holiday with a bit of job hunting as an added bonus and you won't go too far wrong.

Old Apr 18th 2013, 9:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Waggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by DingDandDoo
Guys, whats the process in applying for this. I work as a computer engineer and its on the list. Do i need a job offer for this visa? Also, how much does it cost?
Hi - you don't need a job offer.
This is a list of occupations which are eligible to apply without one.

First, u need to make sure you have the 67 points required. You can take a self-test here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...sess/index.asp

Then you will need to get all the forms and supporting documents together. This will include:
- Proof of main language (which I am guessing will be English), IELTS is the most common option
- Proof of funding
- Educational documents (University Transcripts must be obtained from the University in sealed envelopes)
- Work references, listing duties performed. A substantial amount of these must match the duties listed in the NOC description.

Processing fees are probably around £1000 but it depends on how many people are in your application (spouse, kids etc).

Obviously time is a factor but then quite a lot of people will be in the same boat, with the list only just have come out.

Probably the deciding factor will be how quickly you can take an IELTS test and get the results, if you haven't already.

We applied in 2010 some 8 weeks after the list had been announced with my wife's occupation having just appeared on the list, and we comfortably got within the cap. BUT the cap was 1000 back then, and I fear computer programmers will be a more popular occupation.

Best of luck,
Wayne.
Old Apr 18th 2013, 9:28 pm
Pondering a career change

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute

v's

I'd say you've gone this far, go with your guy and take that reckless spirit and jump on monmondo or skyscanner tonight and book a flight
Old Apr 18th 2013, 9:29 pm
Forum Regular

gb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to all

Originally Posted by siouxie
But before you come over for a recce (if you decide to go for broke) make sure you have converted your professional qualifications or you are going to get nowhere.

Treat it as an holiday with a bit of job hunting as an added bonus and you won't go too far wrong.

You say that but being handsome makes a huge difference .
Old Apr 18th 2013, 9:30 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

If that were true (and for a female being awesomely attractive) then why am I still out of work?

Old Apr 18th 2013, 9:33 pm

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute

Handsome is relative, after all they say beauty is in the eye of the beholder
Old Apr 18th 2013, 9:33 pm

If that were true (and for a female being awesomely attractive) then why am I still out of work?

Depends what work your after
Old Apr 18th 2013, 9:34 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mikeypm
Handsome is relative, after all they say beauty is in the eye of the beholder
Or 'beerholder'.
Old Apr 18th 2013, 9:34 pm
Forum Regular

You're too fussy.
Old Apr 18th 2013, 9:36 pm

You're too fussy.
Your taking your life in your own hands calling a woman fussy
Old Apr 18th 2013, 9:38 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mikeypm
Your taking your life in your own hands calling a woman fussy
I'm ok. I'll just tell her it's a Welsh word which means sexy.
Old Apr 18th 2013, 9:39 pm

Is the any word that sounds sexy in welsh
Old Apr 18th 2013, 9:40 pm
Banned

You're too fussy.
Fussy? When you have been without income for 5 months (last year) you aren't fussy, you will take any frikkin job you can get, believe me. 2 interviews out of more than 200 job applications, sigh.

Welcome to the real world of Canada (un)employment!

edit:

Umm.. you know my Father was Welsh, right? (Yr wyf sylweddol sexier na chi!)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.