FSW attorney cost

Old Jul 17th 2013, 1:04 pm
Just Joined

gavin1911 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default FSW attorney cost

Hello everyone, I talked to two different firms in regards to my FSW immigration package and got very different pricing which confuses me a lot. I appreciate to know what is the market average today for an attorney to prepare FSW application? Thanks!

- A firm gives me $6000 plus gov fees

- B firm gives me $2000 plus gov fees; B firm has been frequently mentioned in this forum a few years back but the cost is kinda too low to be true since I have no idea what is the market price.
Old Jul 17th 2013, 1:17 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: FSW attorney cost

Originally Posted by gavin1911
Hello everyone, I talked to two different firms in regards to my FSW immigration package and got very different pricing which confuses me a lot. I appreciate to know what is the market average today for an attorney to prepare FSW application? Thanks!

- B firm gives me $2000 plus gov fees; B firm has been frequently mentioned in this forum a few years back but the cost is kinda too low to be true since I have no idea what is the market price.
Frequently mentioned in a good way?
Old Jul 17th 2013, 1:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Rates will vary however with a bit of reading and patience you could do them yourself for FREE.
Old Jul 17th 2013, 1:19 pm
Pondering a career change

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute

Just wondering why you would appoint an attorney to do the FSW paperwork when most people on this forum have done the paperwork themselves without too many issues and saved quite a bit of money
Old Jul 17th 2013, 1:34 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Mikeypm
Just wondering why you would appoint an attorney to do the FSW paperwork when most people on this forum have done the paperwork themselves without too many issues and saved quite a bit of money
the problem is my job title being a little tricky - I am working for a small generic pharmaceutical company performing both chemical engineering (production, QA/QC) and business development tasks (40% vs. 60%). I am planning to use NOC 2134 Chemical Engineering but my title is sales engineer. I may need some professional assistant to prevent any mistake during application.
Old Jul 17th 2013, 1:35 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
Frequently mentioned in a good way?
yea
Old Jul 17th 2013, 1:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

the problem is my job title being a little tricky - I am working for a small generic pharmaceutical company performing both chemical engineering (production, QA/QC) and business development tasks (40% vs. 60%). I am planning to use NOC 2134 Chemical Engineering but my title is sales engineer. I may need some professional assistant to prevent any mistake during application.
They would need to be aware of the NOC duties required and credentials etc and if you qualify under that NOC code.
http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/...spx?val65=2134
Old Jul 17th 2013, 6:44 pm
Forum Regular

yoyoyo is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Re: FSW attorney cost

it's called 'easy money'
Old Jul 17th 2013, 7:31 pm
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

We used immigration agents for our own reasons. They were (still are) based in Victoria, BC, and priced at the lower end of the two figures you offer above. They provided excellent service. Which just goes to prove that cheaper doesn't necessarily mean bad service. GBP 6k + government costs seems massively over the top IMHO.

Last edited by james.mc; Jul 17th 2013 at 7:42 pm.
Old Jul 17th 2013, 8:26 pm
Forum Regular

george82 is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge82 is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge82 is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge82 is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge82 is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge82 is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge82 is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge82 is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge82 is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge82 is a glorious beacon of lightgeorge82 is a glorious beacon of light

hi i too am confused with these costs i have been quoted 3.5 us i want to use an agent as im self employed and dont really have the time. could you please PM me the details of the agent you used in victoria please i would rather work from a recommendation than internet flafel
Old Jul 18th 2013, 6:57 am
BE Enthusiast

januarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond repute

As per FL, free is nice.

The fact is you would need references to match up with NOC code responsibilities anyway, but each to their own of course.
Old Jul 18th 2013, 12:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

scribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of light

As has been said DIY is free.

We have a FSW application in at the moment and it wasn't hard to complete.

The hardest part is all the leg work you have to do to get IELTS, photos, job reference letters, payslips, proof of funds, house valuations & mortgage statements (if applicable), copies of birth and marriage certificates, police certificates, and the new education assesment (I'm sure that list isn't complete).

The agent cannot do any of this for you..

That said we haven't had our credit card charged yet when (going by a tracking spreadsheet on another forum) others who's application was delivered on the same day (and the following 2 days) as ours have, so I we may have made a mistake.

Agent or no agent is up to you, but either way it's a roll of the dice.