Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

FSW - 2 applications at the same time?

FSW - 2 applications at the same time?

Old Mar 9th 2011, 8:26 pm
Just Joined

Good Luck is an unknown quantity at this point
Default FSW - 2 applications at the same time?

Does anyone know if it is possible to have 2 applications for PR submitted at the same time?

I applied pre-Feb 2008 and am thinking about submitting a new application.
After waiting so long i don't want to lose my old place.

Thanks
Old Mar 9th 2011, 9:24 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: FSW - 2 applications at the same time?

Hi

Originally Posted by Good Luck
Does anyone know if it is possible to have 2 applications for PR submitted at the same time?

I applied pre-Feb 2008 and am thinking about submitting a new application.
After waiting so long i don't want to lose my old place.

Thanks
Yes, you can.

8) Can applicants have both a pre-C-50 FSW application and a C-50 application?

Yes, applicants may have multiple FSW applications. The applicant can choose to either maintain the first application and submit a new C-50 application with a new processing fee; or withdraw the first application and submit a C-50 application. If an applicant chooses to withdraw their pre-C-50 application before processing begins, they will receive a refund.
Old Mar 10th 2011, 1:44 am
Just Joined

Good Luck is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks PMM for your quick reply.

I read that too on the cic webiste: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc...2009/ob101.asp

However this page expired and I can't seem to find the answer on their suggested link for current info.

I spoke with an immigration lawyer this morning who told me that you can't submit 2 at the same time!

All so confusing!
Old Mar 10th 2011, 4:40 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by Good Luck
Thanks PMM for your quick reply.

I read that too on the cic webiste: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc...2009/ob101.asp

However this page expired and I can't seem to find the answer on their suggested link for current info.

I spoke with an immigration lawyer this morning who told me that you can't submit 2 at the same time!

All so confusing!

You can't have 2 spousal applications at the same time but you can have 2 FSW under different Immigration bills.