Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Flagpoling from BC - practical experiences

Flagpoling from BC - practical experiences

Old Sep 2nd 2016, 3:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flagpoling from BC - practical experiences

Originally Posted by CReg91
Hi All,

I just read through the whole of this thread and learned a hell of a lot!

I'm currently in Toronto waiting for my CoPR. I plan on just driving down to Niagara falls for the day when it comes through.

Can someone just confirm that all I need to do is:

- drive down to the border with my CoPR, passport, and Goods Accompanying list
- tell them I'm checking out Niagara for the day
- return to the border later on and state that I'll be activating PR?

From what I've read above that should do the trick but I just want to double check so that I don't mess up!

Thanks in advance!
Yes. Just don't tell the American officer you are just crossing to activate PR. Tell them you're going shopping, checking out their side of the falls, etc etc, but don't mention a word about PR till you get back on the Canadian side and tell the CBSA officer you are activating your PR.
Old Sep 2nd 2016, 6:52 pm
Forum Regular

CReg91 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Gozit
Yes. Just don't tell the American officer you are just crossing to activate PR. Tell them you're going shopping, checking out their side of the falls, etc etc, but don't mention a word about PR till you get back on the Canadian side and tell the CBSA officer you are activating your PR.
Amazing. Thanks so much!
Old Sep 4th 2016, 12:58 am
Forum Regular

Dorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond reputeDorftrottel has a reputation beyond repute

After all the work and stress of PR - we took a ferry out of Victoria to Port Angeles - hit the brew pubs hard!!!!! spent the night and hit the Canadian entry next morning with hangovers the size of a small country. The CBSA were so welcoming and even gave us a coffee for our hangover!!
Old Sep 4th 2016, 2:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Davita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorftrottel
After all the work and stress of PR - we took a ferry out of Victoria to Port Angeles - hit the brew pubs hard!!!!! spent the night and hit the Canadian entry next morning with hangovers the size of a small country. The CBSA were so welcoming and even gave us a coffee for our hangover!!
Lucky customs didn't ask how much alcohol you're importing...from the sound of your post you probably still had more than the legal limit ....