Fingerprint request for PR?

Old Jul 1st 2014, 11:05 am
BE Enthusiast

scootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond repute
Default Fingerprint request for PR?

As title says,my AOR was sent 11th June,then yesterday(30th) I got an email saying that I needed to get fingerprinting done in order to continue processing of my application.

How to Obtain a Certified Criminal Record Check - Royal Canadian Mounted Police

I got it done yesterday was only $25 and took about 15mns all in,is this a new thing or just random?
A friend of mine never had to do this although he has just done medicals so is slightly ahead of me.
Seems strange considering they gave me a PAL,but the CFO did say there were a few people with my name in Canada,some of them with criminal records,but they do have a copy of my UK police report(which is clean)
Old Jul 1st 2014, 1:39 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fingerprint request for PR?

You probably share your name with someone who has a criminal record in Canada.
Old Jul 1st 2014, 2:50 pm
Collector of Junk!

missieleah has much to be proud ofmissieleah has much to be proud ofmissieleah has much to be proud ofmissieleah has much to be proud ofmissieleah has much to be proud ofmissieleah has much to be proud ofmissieleah has much to be proud ofmissieleah has much to be proud ofmissieleah has much to be proud ofmissieleah has much to be proud ofmissieleah has much to be proud of

Yes, I had to do one at the local RCMP office, no charge, took bout 20 minutes. Took a week to get it, the RCMP phoned me to tell me it was there. Sent it off with the rest of the docs on 6 April and got my passport request this morning.. Happy Canada Day
Old Jul 1st 2014, 2:59 pm
Forum Regular

Stu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really niceStu_g2004 is just really nice

I never got asked
Old Jul 1st 2014, 3:27 pm
Collector of Junk!

missieleah has much to be proud ofmissieleah has much to be proud ofmissieleah has much to be proud ofmissieleah has much to be proud ofmissieleah has much to be proud ofmissieleah has much to be proud ofmissieleah has much to be proud ofmissieleah has much to be proud ofmissieleah has much to be proud ofmissieleah has much to be proud ofmissieleah has much to be proud of

My hubby didn't have to do one, RCMP told me that someone with a similar name had a record... Elimation process
Old Jul 2nd 2014, 3:29 pm
The ride never ends

orly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond repute

I was never asked...but I provided an RCMP check in my initial application on the advice of my lawyer. My full name is unlikely to be shared by anyone else in Canada which is an advantage.
Old Jul 2nd 2014, 3:56 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Chances are that you share a name and birthday as someone in Canada with a criminal record, hence they are asking you to verify you are NOT that person. It's not a big deal at all, just an extra step they do on their end. Don't worry about it, just send it off - it's unlikely to affect your timeline much either.
Old Jul 13th 2014, 8:52 am
BE Enthusiast

scootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond repute

I scanned and emailed the RCMP report to the email that CIC included as the scan was less than 5mb.
Should I post in the document as well or will the email be enough?
I did ask them if they need me to send in the paper version as well,but have had no reply,and we all know how Canadians are at replying to emails lol.
Old Jul 13th 2014, 8:59 pm
Pondering a career change

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scootb
I scanned and emailed the RCMP report to the email that CIC included as the scan was less than 5mb.
Should I post in the document as well or will the email be enough?
I did ask them if they need me to send in the paper version as well,but have had no reply,and we all know how Canadians are at replying to emails lol.
Could it do any harm to post it as well?. send registered and then you have proof you mailed it and emailed it