Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Finally at a stage for Common law PR

Finally at a stage for Common law PR

Old Mar 25th 2017, 2:04 am
BE Enthusiast

robert_masters is just really nicerobert_masters is just really nicerobert_masters is just really nicerobert_masters is just really nicerobert_masters is just really nicerobert_masters is just really nicerobert_masters is just really nicerobert_masters is just really nice
Default Re: Finally at a stage for Common law PR

Hi

I've not long ago helped my daughter do their spousal sponsorship forms, it was pretty intensive but I did it and process times being 24 months! EEkkk

With the new current forms it's super easy, with lots of notes how to complete it. The amount of form filling has been dramatically cut.

YOU NEED NO ASSISTANCE, DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY!!
Old Jan 11th 2018, 1:19 pm
PottsyJ

Joepottinger is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone,

Don't mean to bump this thread as its old but we now have more or less all our paperwork together for our application FINALLY.

I just have one final question as to processing times for inland vs outland. I know the spreadsheet exists for spousal sponsorship and I have read over it but am I correct in saying that is for outland applications only? Just trying to figure out with processing times should we apply outland or inland? I am currently studying at University here with three years left on my study permit.

Is it only on the checklist form that you declare outland or inland?

Hopefully this will be my last bit of bothering people before we hand in our application haha!

Thanks very much.
Old Jan 11th 2018, 1:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Joepottinger
Hi everyone,

Don't mean to bump this thread as its old but we now have more or less all our paperwork together for our application FINALLY.

I just have one final question as to processing times for inland vs outland. I know the spreadsheet exists for spousal sponsorship and I have read over it but am I correct in saying that is for outland applications only? Just trying to figure out with processing times should we apply outland or inland? I am currently studying at University here with three years left on my study permit.

Hopefully this will be my last bit of bothering people before we hand in our application haha!

Thanks very much.
According to the last updated processing times on the IRCC website then they are both at 12 months if submitted after 7 Dec 2016. You haven't submitted yet so these times could change
Check application processing times – Immigration and citizenship
Old Jan 11th 2018, 2:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

I know the spreadsheet exists for spousal sponsorship and I have read over it but am I correct in saying that is for outland applications only?
Correct, the spreadsheet is for outland only. In the past (pre-Dec 2016) it used to take much longer for inland applications, but since that time, CIC have promised they will both be processed in similar timescales.

Correct. Here is how you answer the relevant questions on the checklist.

Spousal Sponsorship-Canada/FAQ - New Application Forms : British Expat Wiki
Old Jan 13th 2018, 10:56 pm
PottsyJ

Originally Posted by Hurlabrick
Correct, the spreadsheet is for outland only. In the past (pre-Dec 2016) it used to take much longer for inland applications, but since that time, CIC have promised they will both be processed in similar timescales.

Correct. Here is how you answer the relevant questions on the checklist.

Spousal Sponsorship-Canada/FAQ - New Application Forms : British Expat Wiki
Thanks Hurlabrick. I am just going through my final checks on everything on the checklist and I noticed it said make sure everything is ticked on the checklist. Does that even apply to the things that dont apply to us i.e use of a representative or do we just put N/A in the likes of that box and the one about additional children info?
Old Jan 14th 2018, 12:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Hurlabrick. I am just going through my final checks on everything on the checklist and I noticed it said make sure everything is ticked on the checklist. Does that even apply to the things that dont apply to us i.e use of a representative or do we just put N/A in the likes of that box and the one about additional children info?
Put an n/a against it.
Old Nov 1st 2018, 6:59 pm
PottsyJ

Hi all,

We applied in January inland common law and I got an letter in my cic account today saying eligibility passed and it said: "it has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent
residence as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class."

Any idea if this means we are getting close to the end or not so much?

Thanks.