Final questions

Old Sep 1st 2016, 12:52 pm
Just Joined

jkoj is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Final questions

Hello again
I'm trying to save my questions so I don't keep posting but I have a few now. I have looked in the wiki article to see if answered there first.

1- if a document isn't applicable, such as use of representative, should I indicate N/A on the document checklist, or print it out and include it, noting N/A?

2 - on application to sponsor, the guide says to put barcode page on top of application. Is that what everyone as done - only reason I ask is it says 'page 7 of 7' on it and don't want that to cause confusion.

3 - on sponsorship evaluation, q7 - if I'm sponsoring my husband and our 2 children are already Canadian citizens then the total in #7 will be 4.
4- is me (1)
5a - is hubby (1)
6b - is kids (2)

Thanks in advance. This is absolutely nerve wrecking!!
Old Sep 1st 2016, 1:17 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Final questions

Originally Posted by jkoj
Hello again
I'm trying to save my questions so I don't keep posting but I have a few now. I have looked in the wiki article to see if answered there first.

1- if a document isn't applicable, such as use of representative, should I indicate N/A on the document checklist, or print it out and include it, noting N/A?
Spousal Sponsorship-Canada/FAQ : British Expat Wiki

2 - on application to sponsor, the guide says to put barcode page on top of application. Is that what everyone as done - only reason I ask is it says 'page 7 of 7' on it and don't want that to cause confusion.
Not sure about this one, hopefully others who have applied recently can confirm what they did with this. (I'd also like to add it to the FAQ then!)

3 - on sponsorship evaluation, q7 - if I'm sponsoring my husband and our 2 children are already Canadian citizens then the total in #7 will be 4.
4- is me (1)
5a - is hubby (1)
6b - is kids (2)

Thanks in advance. This is absolutely nerve wrecking!!
I believe so but would like someone else to confirm.
Old Sep 1st 2016, 2:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
Not sure about this one, hopefully others who have applied recently can confirm what they did with this. (I'd also like to add it to the FAQ then!)
Well that is certainly what I did! Put it on the top, so I put it on the top! Ive now been 'sponsor approved' so they certainly didn't reject it
Old Sep 1st 2016, 2:54 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

.... 2 - on application to sponsor, the guide says to put barcode page on top of application. Is that what everyone as done - only reason I ask is it says 'page 7 of 7' on it and don't want that to cause confusion. ....
What Hurlabrick said.

When dealing with government paperwork, or for any large bureaucracy, do EXACTLY what the instructions say no matter how nonsensical they seem. .... In this case though the bar code will be scanned when your envelope is opened, so having it on top is imperative to avoid a delay in processing.
Old Sep 1st 2016, 3:02 pm
Just Joined

[/QUOTE]
Originally Posted by Pulaski
What Hurlabrick said.

When dealing with government paperwork, or for any large bureaucracy, do EXACTLY what the instructions say no matter how nonsensical they seem. .... In this case though the bar code will be scanned when your envelope is opened, so having it on top is imperative to avoid a delay in processing.
Awesome will do! And it's not a single bar code page, is it? Mine has 5 barcodes

Thanks
Old Sep 1st 2016, 3:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Awesome will do! And it's not a single bar code page, is it? Mine has 5 barcodes

Thanks[/QUOTE]

My sponsor pack had one page of five barcodes.

My Applicant pack had two pages of barcodes, eight on the first page and two on the second page. Hard to understand as I would have thought spousal sponsorship applications don't get much simpler than mine!

Last edited by Hurlabrick; Sep 1st 2016 at 3:18 pm.
Old Sep 2nd 2016, 11:34 am
Just Joined

Thanks Hurlabrick - I'm stressing about how to organise the pack!

I was thinking something like the below. Do I divide into three sections and use a paperclip?

Barcode page (sponsor)
document checklist
forms
additional info

barcode page (applicant)
forms
additional info

document checklist for Europe
all docs on checklist

Thanks again!
Old Sep 2nd 2016, 5:23 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Hurlabrick - I'm stressing about how to organise the pack!

I was thinking something like the below. Do I divide into three sections and use a paperclip?

Barcode page (sponsor)
document checklist
forms
additional info

barcode page (applicant)
forms
additional info

document checklist for Europe
all docs on checklist

Thanks again!
No paperclips! As per CIC's instructions, do not use staples, paperclips, or anything else bulky or manual. You are fine to use things like binder dividers, though.

Please have a good read of the FAQ's, they are invaluable when it comes to preparing a spousal application..

Spousal Sponsorship-Canada/FAQ : British Expat Wiki

Schnookololy's own example of her application is a really good one! http://britishexpats.com/forum/immig.../#post10709609 (and yes, put the barcodes on top and don't forget that all important development of relationship/the story of our love!)

Last edited by Siouxie; Sep 2nd 2016 at 5:27 pm.
Old Sep 2nd 2016, 5:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

I put mine into two sections.

One for the sponsor and one for the principal applicant.

Put all the forms / attachments in the order they were on the checklists. Barcode pages on the top. Absolutely no paperclips or staples (standard stuff if they image and workflow on receipt, which is what they are doing I imagine).
Old Sep 3rd 2016, 4:15 pm
Forum Regular

bramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant future

What Hurlabrick said.

Just to have a balance, I didn't put the barcode page at the top and we got sponsor approval yesterday.
Old Sep 3rd 2016, 4:57 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bramallblade
Just to have a balance, I didn't put the barcode page at the top and we got sponsor approval yesterday.
Is there any particular reason why you didn't follow the instructions?
Old Sep 3rd 2016, 5:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Is there any particular reason why you didn't follow the instructions?
Looking at his user name he is from Yorkshire so nuff said.
Old Sep 3rd 2016, 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Yorkshire born and Yorkshire bred, strong in the arm and .....
Old Sep 3rd 2016, 6:06 pm
Forum Regular

bramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant future

Ha! You'd think that but no. Essex born and bred with a Sheffield connection.

Anyway, I didn't put the barcodes at the top because I didn't notice you had to.
Old Sep 3rd 2016, 6:13 pm

So he is actually from Essex, ..... nuff said.

[Disclosure: As I think FL knows, I am from Sheffield, as was my father, and my mother is from Hull. ]