Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Federal skilled Worker application process help

Federal skilled Worker application process help

Old Nov 25th 2017, 6:48 pm
Just Joined

David198 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Federal skilled Worker application process help

Hi,

We will be applying for the Federal Skilled Worker Program through the Express Entry. We have done our research and believe this is the best way for us to apply for PR.

The question I have is understanding the application process. From reading the gov't advice

1. create EE profile
2. wait in the pool until we are selected
3. once invited we have 90 days. Now is this when we should apply for our medicals, language tests and qualifications verified? Or do we do all of this when creating our profile in step1?

I am concerned if I should be completing the language tests, medicals and qualifications review before we create a profile, as it states we have 60 days to complete which to do all of this might be difficult given the timescales for exam dates etc..

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thank You
Old Nov 25th 2017, 8:38 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Federal skilled Worker application process help

You have to have your ECA & IELTs results first, or your application will be rejected. They're mandatory for EE apps.

But the medical should only be done when you actually get an ITA.

HTH.
Old Nov 26th 2017, 1:31 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
You have to have your ECA & IELTs results first, or your application will be rejected. They're mandatory for EE apps.

But the medical should only be done when you actually get an ITA.

HTH.
Thanks, bit by bit I am finding my way round the immigration website and getting this info. Sorry for the constant questions...

Had a busy day starting to pull bits together.

For our ECA's I was surprised at the difference in lead times to complete the qualification check, some were as long as 20 weeks! I have found that World Education Services will be 9 weeks (subject to confirmation). We just need to get our qualification module documents from the universities which we will apply for next week.

The IELTs, there seems to be a number of exam slots at the earliest of Jan 20th so we will probably go for these, I'm assuming a few weeks on the revision guides should be enough.

Have also made a start on our police reports, my partner spent a year in AUS so we need to get in touch with them to get a name check report.

Does it sound like we are on the right track? is there anything else we should be looking at now to not delay our EE application?
Old Nov 26th 2017, 5:27 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by David198
Thanks, bit by bit I am finding my way round the immigration website and getting this info. Sorry for the constant questions...

Had a busy day starting to pull bits together.

For our ECA's I was surprised at the difference in lead times to complete the qualification check, some were as long as 20 weeks! I have found that World Education Services will be 9 weeks (subject to confirmation). We just need to get our qualification module documents from the universities which we will apply for next week.

The IELTs, there seems to be a number of exam slots at the earliest of Jan 20th so we will probably go for these, I'm assuming a few weeks on the revision guides should be enough.

Have also made a start on our police reports, my partner spent a year in AUS so we need to get in touch with them to get a name check report.

Does it sound like we are on the right track? is there anything else we should be looking at now to not delay our EE application?
1. You don't require the police checks at this stage, once you receive an Invitation to Apply (ITA) then you need the police checks. If you partner has no intention to return to Australia, then you can get that one. Assuming you live in the UK, the Police Check can't be older than 6 months once you submit your application after you receive an ITA.
Old Nov 26th 2017, 5:32 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

1. You don't require the police checks at this stage, once you receive an Invitation to Apply (ITA) then you need the police checks. If you partner has no intention to return to Australia, then you can get that one. Assuming you live in the UK, the Police Check can't be older than 6 months once you submit your application after you receive an ITA.
Ah ok, I wasn't sure what the timescales would be to get a report from Aus so thought I should check. Turns out it only takes a few days so as you highlighted there's no need to worry about it at this stage.
Old Nov 27th 2017, 2:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Engineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Do check your CRS score prior to spending any money. If you are way off the recent selection scores (around 420-450) then it may not be worth spending the money (you only remain in the pool for 1 year).