Family Record Book

Old Jul 10th 2010, 10:53 am
Forum Regular

hnagy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Family Record Book

Hi all,
do i need the "family record book" to enclose with my file to Quebec,
note that I don't have relatives in Canada?
Old Jul 10th 2010, 12:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

crazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nice
Default Re: Family Record Book

Yes, it is listed among statutory documents for CSQ application.
Old Jul 11th 2010, 3:39 pm
Forum Regular

Dear,
it is needed only if you have a relative in Quebec.
as per their official site:
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.q...documents.html

"Family relationships in Québec

* If you have a family member residing in Québec (spouse, de facto spouse, father, mother, son, daughter, brother, sister, grandfather or grandmother), attach the following to your Declaration of a relative in Québec (PDF, 47 Kb):
o a certified true copy of the original of his or her permanent residence card, Canadian passport or Canadian citizenship card;
o a copy of his or her latest notice of assessment for provincial income tax, or a copy of a lease (in the case of a tenant) or copy of a property tax statement (in the case of an owner);
o a copy of the document proving your family tie to this person (official family record book (livret de famille), acts of birth or marriage, etc.)."
Old Jul 11th 2010, 3:54 pm
Forum Regular

parker14 is an unknown quantity at this point

You know the answer then?
Old Jul 11th 2010, 4:07 pm
Forum Regular

actually there was a guy who did confuse me a lot.
really, i'm not testing anyone
Old Jul 11th 2010, 5:52 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hnagy
actually there was a guy who did confuse me a lot.
really, i'm not testing anyone
Yourself?

sorry couldn't resist

It seems that you are second guessing everything that you are reading / asking opinions and getting even more confused.

The instructions on the CIC site really are straightforward - stop getting too many opinions from other sources and if you really need something clarifying then ask on here.
Old Jul 11th 2010, 7:36 pm
Forum Regular

yes i think you are right
thanks
Old Jul 11th 2010, 11:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

crazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nicecrazy72 is just really nice

Originally Posted by hnagy
Dear,
it is needed only if you have a relative in Quebec.
as per their official site:
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.q...documents.html

"Family relationships in Québec

* If you have a family member residing in Québec (spouse, de facto spouse, father, mother, son, daughter, brother, sister, grandfather or grandmother), attach the following to your Declaration of a relative in Québec (PDF, 47 Kb):
o a certified true copy of the original of his or her permanent residence card, Canadian passport or Canadian citizenship card;
o a copy of his or her latest notice of assessment for provincial income tax, or a copy of a lease (in the case of a tenant) or copy of a property tax statement (in the case of an owner);
o a copy of the document proving your family tie to this person (official family record book (livret de famille), acts of birth or marriage, etc.)."

You are quoting the section 10 from the list. Look into section 12 where family book is listed among statutory documents required to be submitted with application to Damascus. It states "where applicable" because not all countries under Damascus BIQ's jurisdiction use family books.

The country or region specific documents are always required if their presence can help reduce the fraud. For example applicants from Russia must include in addition to work reference letters their official workbook, in order to limit the fraud with fake reference letters. Applicants from countries where having more than 1 wife is legal (or practiced even if not so legal anymore) are required to submit in addition to birth and marriage certificates also other, country specific documents in order to reduce fraud of claiming second wife as a daughter for example.
Old Jul 12th 2010, 6:50 am
Forum Regular

Yes Sir, you are right
Thanks