Family Members

Old Apr 12th 2018, 2:00 pm
Forum Regular

jimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Family Members

Hi all,

We have recieved our ITA yesterday (Didn't think it would be so fast!) and are now filling in the rather in depth forms. It asks about direct family members, including step sisters/brothers.

My partner has these, but has not been in contact with them since around the age of 8. She is also no longer in contact with her mum, or pretty much any family member, so on that note, we literally have no idea about their details, and have no way of contacting them to find out.

There is a part that says 'have you told us about all family members; Yes/No - to which we have put no, it does not bring up any boxes to explain why. My fear is that this will cause a rejection. The only details we know are her mums details and her deceased fathers details.

EDIT: Turns out selecting 'no' does not allow the application to proceed. So forced to say yes...
EDIT2: Have managed to obtain limited info from family tree websites looking at registry records. Assume these will be sufficient???

Anyone else had this, and do you know if it will cause any problems?

Last edited by jimmynoshoes; Apr 12th 2018 at 2:35 pm.
Old Apr 12th 2018, 2:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

suzeandmatt has a reputation beyond reputesuzeandmatt has a reputation beyond reputesuzeandmatt has a reputation beyond reputesuzeandmatt has a reputation beyond reputesuzeandmatt has a reputation beyond reputesuzeandmatt has a reputation beyond reputesuzeandmatt has a reputation beyond reputesuzeandmatt has a reputation beyond reputesuzeandmatt has a reputation beyond reputesuzeandmatt has a reputation beyond reputesuzeandmatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Family Members

Afraid I can’t help but curious to see the responses.
I myself have a deceased mum and have zero contact with my father or my grandparents on his side. No idea where any of them are living etc.
I only know info on my brother, 2 aunts on my mum’s side & that’s it.

Can I ask what info they are asking for? Applying for PR very soon and like to be prepared.
Old Apr 12th 2018, 3:09 pm
Forum Regular

jimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond reputejimmynoshoes has a reputation beyond repute

They ask for direct family members, which includes step/half brothers and sisters. In those it then asks for DOB and locations of birth. You can however, put unknown for the month and day. We have missed one off as we don't know their name and so can't look them up on any registry.

If they are deceased, it asked for death date and location, doesn't allow you to put unknown.

It does say none of the info provided is used to make any decisions, so fingers crossed.
Old Apr 12th 2018, 3:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

suzeandmatt has a reputation beyond reputesuzeandmatt has a reputation beyond reputesuzeandmatt has a reputation beyond reputesuzeandmatt has a reputation beyond reputesuzeandmatt has a reputation beyond reputesuzeandmatt has a reputation beyond reputesuzeandmatt has a reputation beyond reputesuzeandmatt has a reputation beyond reputesuzeandmatt has a reputation beyond reputesuzeandmatt has a reputation beyond reputesuzeandmatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimmynoshoes
They ask for direct family members, which includes step/half brothers and sisters. In those it then asks for DOB and locations of birth. You can however, put unknown for the month and day. We have missed one off as we don't know their name and so can't look them up on any registry.

If they are deceased, it asked for death date and location, doesn't allow you to put unknown.

It does say none of the info provided is used to make any decisions, so fingers crossed.
Ah okay- that’s good to know thanks. I was worried it was going to ask for addresses or something.
I know my dad’s date of birth and my grandparents birthdays but not the years they were born- looks like Unknown it is! Haha
Hope you get your answers soon! Thanks again.
Old Apr 12th 2018, 3:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Engineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimmynoshoes
Hi all,

We have recieved our ITA yesterday (Didn't think it would be so fast!) and are now filling in the rather in depth forms. It asks about direct family members, including step sisters/brothers.

My partner has these, but has not been in contact with them since around the age of 8. She is also no longer in contact with her mum, or pretty much any family member, so on that note, we literally have no idea about their details, and have no way of contacting them to find out.

There is a part that says 'have you told us about all family members; Yes/No - to which we have put no, it does not bring up any boxes to explain why. My fear is that this will cause a rejection. The only details we know are her mums details and her deceased fathers details.

EDIT: Turns out selecting 'no' does not allow the application to proceed. So forced to say yes...
EDIT2: Have managed to obtain limited info from family tree websites looking at registry records. Assume these will be sufficient???

Anyone else had this, and do you know if it will cause any problems?
Fill in what you can and then submit a letter of explanation to explain the situation.