Failed to Fulfil PR obligations

Old Jan 9th 2018, 4:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Arty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Failed to Fulfil PR obligations

Originally Posted by Aviator
No doubt it will. However to work in a regulated trade, he would need to challenge the exam in Canada, once he has sufficient provable work hours. Hours required to challenge are 1.5 x the number of hours required for the apprenticeship, 7000 to 9000. The alternative is to take the apprenticeship again in Canada. It will take several years working under supervision before he could challenge the provincial exam. There is no bypassing this.
Very true , he will have 7100 come the end of the year.He needs 7020 to be able to challenge the exam .
Cheers for the info everyone , We are definitely going to have to reconsider the route we take with regard to his PR.
Meeting with the lawyer this week.

Best Regards
Art & Family
Old Jan 9th 2018, 5:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

scilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond repute

Arty ..............

I know I'm not well up in trades, but your son is 21, has done an apprenticeship in welding AND done over 7000 hours of work after the apprenticeship???

Is that accurate?

That is how I read what Aviator posted was needed.

..... he has sufficient provable work hours. Hours required to challenge are 1.5 x the number of hours required for the apprenticeship, 7000 to 9000.
Old Jan 9th 2018, 6:08 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scilly
Arty ..............

I know I'm not well up in trades, but your son is 21, has done an apprenticeship in welding AND done over 7000 hours of work after the apprenticeship???

Is that accurate?

That is how I read what Aviator posted was needed.
7100 hours would equate time working full time 40 hours a week, 48 weeks a year for 3.7 years. Hours worked during the apprenticeship usually can be counted to challenge the exam, hours spent in the classroom cannot.

Hours worked have to be documented and provable through employers references, payslips etc. For someone who was self employed they can file a self declaration, using accounts, tax returns and customer references to support the declaration.
Old Aug 30th 2018, 12:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Arty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond reputeArty has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Failed to Fulfil PR obligations

Originally Posted by Arty
Hi All ,
My son Lewis who is 21 this coming April has failed to keep his 2 Years out of 5 requirements to renew his PR this coming June.
The reasons being he decided to go back to finish his schooling in the UK and ultimately took an a 3 years Apprenticeship with BAE Systems as a welder.

We have got an immigration Lawyer to advice us ,who is basically telling us we have two options .
1 He can apply for a PR Travel Document and ask for an extension for his PR on Humanitarian grounds.
2. Or he can relinquish his PR and for us to apply to sponsor him as he is under 21.
Unfortunately this Lawyer won't give us advise on which is the better option, which is bloody weird.
Has anyone came across this situation before and what option do you think is the best option.

Best regards
Arthur
Hi All ,
I thought I would give you an update on our quest to keep my sons PR.Well thanks to a fantastic Immigration company, my son got word today 3 weeks after applying for a PRTD on Humanitarian and Compassionate grounds that his application was successful.
Many thanks to all who were supportive and especially to Lancastrian and a big thank you to our Immigration Lawyers.

Art & Family.
Old Aug 30th 2018, 1:18 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Old Aug 30th 2018, 1:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Smile Re: Failed to Fulfil PR obligations

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Cheers
Old Aug 30th 2018, 1:42 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All ,
I thought I would give you an update on our quest to keep my sons PR.Well thanks to a fantastic Immigration company, my son got word today 3 weeks after applying for a PRTD on Humanitarian and Compassionate grounds that his application was successful.
Many thanks to all who were supportive and especially to Lancastrian and a big thank you to our Immigration Lawyers.

Art & Family.

So he can get on a flight to Canada - which he could have done anyway if he had his PR card and it was still valid!

A PRTD is NOT an extension of his PR Status - PLEASE don't think it is.

You will have to wait and see if he gets pulled up when he gets to immigration.

I presume he understands that he needs to remain in Canada now until such time as he has met the requirements.

Old Aug 30th 2018, 1:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Siouxie
So he can get on a flight to Canada - which he could have done anyway if he had his PR card and it was still valid!

A PRTD is NOT an extension of his PR Status - PLEASE don't think it is.

You will have to wait and see if he gets pulled up when he gets to immigration.

I presume he understands that he needs to remain in Canada now until such time as he has met the requirements.

Hello ,
his PR expired at the end of June so he would have been unable to fly to Canada,that is my understanding on the situation.Reading on other forums people in the same situation have applied for and received there new PR card within 4 months.His R-1 visa is valid for one year and has multiple entries, so he can come and go as he pleases.His plan is to stay in Canada.
As you have gathered I am not an expert by any means ,a good day today.Thank you.

Last edited by Arty; Aug 30th 2018 at 2:46 pm. Reason: more info.
Old Aug 30th 2018, 3:35 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Hello ,
his PR expired at the end of June so he would have been unable to fly to Canada,that is my understanding on the situation.Reading on other forums people in the same situation have applied for and received there new PR card within 4 months.His R-1 visa is valid for one year and has multiple entries, so he can come and go as he pleases.His plan is to stay in Canada.
As you have gathered I am not an expert by any means ,a good day today.Thank you.
To renew his PR card, he would have to declare that he has met the residency requirement, which from what you say he has not. So it seems he would have to wait until is has met those requirements before he can apply for a card in 2 years time, in the meantime, he would likely be ill-advised to leave Canada, even for a day.
The form asks for history, address, education, travel, in the last 5 years, then the next section asks for time spent out of Canada, which could be a problem if sending it in now.
https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ir...s/imm5444e.pdf

An R1 Visa states this I believe:

A31(3) Travel document R-1 counterfoil coding: Permanent residents without a permanent resident card who comply with
the residency obligation
: In those cases where an overseas applicant for an A31(3) travel document is issued this travel
document, and an officer overseas has made a determination that the permanent resident has complied with the residency
obligation under A31(3)(a), the counterfoil coding is R-1.

All is not done and dusted until he is passed immigration I am afraid.

Last edited by Aviator; Aug 30th 2018 at 3:39 pm.
Old Aug 31st 2018, 1:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi Aviator,many thanks for your reply, we will soon find out his flights are already booked.
cheers for replying.
Old Jan 25th 2019, 11:15 pm
Forum Regular

tinabootes has a reputation beyond reputetinabootes has a reputation beyond reputetinabootes has a reputation beyond reputetinabootes has a reputation beyond reputetinabootes has a reputation beyond reputetinabootes has a reputation beyond reputetinabootes has a reputation beyond reputetinabootes has a reputation beyond reputetinabootes has a reputation beyond reputetinabootes has a reputation beyond reputetinabootes has a reputation beyond repute

Did he come to Canada? Let's hope so � ����
Old Jun 24th 2019, 2:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi All ,just an update on our sons predicament.
Lewis came over in September 2018 with his PRTD and had no problem going through immigration at Calgary Airport,just a welcome Home from the very nice lady Officer .We applied for his PR as soon as he landed and he received this in October.He is gainfully employed in Albion sands on a 2 and 2 rotation as a welders helper working towards his hours to be recognised as a journeyman welder in Canada.All in all its been a long stressful journey, but he is home with us now and that's all that matters.Many thanks to all who helped with their advice and especially two very special ladies who worked hard for us in making this journey come to a successful conclusion.

Cheers
Ary & Family
Old Jun 24th 2019, 4:58 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All ,just an update on our sons predicament.
Lewis came over in September 2018 with his PRTD and had no problem going through immigration at Calgary Airport,just a welcome Home from the very nice lady Officer .We applied for his PR as soon as he landed and he received this in October.He is gainfully employed in Albion sands on a 2 and 2 rotation as a welders helper working towards his hours to be recognised as a journeyman welder in Canada.All in all its been a long stressful journey, but he is home with us now and that's all that matters.Many thanks to all who helped with their advice and especially two very special ladies who worked hard for us in making this journey come to a successful conclusion.

Cheers
Ary & Family

Very glad to hear that your son made it to Canada and was allowed entry and is moving on with his life here.

I'm a little confused by your statement of "We applied for his PR as soon as he landed" - had he rescinded his PR status and you applied to sponsor him - OR do you mean you applied to RENEW his PR CARD?

It was his PR card that expired, not his PR status - as has been explained previously.. you remain a PR until such time as the Immigration hearing removes your status or you apply to rescind it.

Asking for anyone who might read this in the future, so there's no confusion..

Big sighs of relief all around I am sure!
Congrats
Old Jun 24th 2019, 2:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi ,
He applied for a new PR as his had expired ,considering he was way shy of the amount of time needed to be in the country to qualify.
He is a very lucky lad to get it renewed.

Cheers
Art & Family
Old Jun 24th 2019, 4:05 pm
Banned

Hi ,
He applied for a new PR as his had expired ,considering he was way shy of the amount of time needed to be in the country to qualify.
He is a very lucky lad to get it renewed.

Cheers
Art & Family
Then he applied for a new PR CARD... not PR. The card is what expires, not Permanent Residency status - he hasn't yet met the requirements for that - so I would strongly suggest he doesn't attempt to leave the country again until such time as does - the PR card is purely for travel requirements/purposes... he may not be so fortunate in being let in next time unless he has fulfilled the requirement of 2 years in each 5 to meet the regulations/ requirements by then.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...pr-status.html
To keep your permanent resident status, you must have been in Canada for at least 730 days during the last five years.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.