Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Extra points under EE for having siblings in Canada or French ability

Extra points under EE for having siblings in Canada or French ability

Old May 4th 2017, 3:29 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Extra points under EE for having siblings in Canada or French ability

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...pring2017.html

Additional points for candidates with siblings in Canada
On June 6, 2017, the Express Entry system will award 15 points to candidates with siblings in Canada.
To get these points, candidates will need to show that the sibling is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident who is living in Canada and is 18 years of age or older
On June 6, 2017, Express Entry candidates with strong French language skills, with or without English language skills, will be awarded additional points by the CRS.
A total of 15 additional points will be awarded for test results of the Niveaux de compétence linguistique canadiens (NLC) at level 7 in all four language skills in French (listening, speaking, reading and writing) and an English test result of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 4 or lower.

A total of 30 additional points will be awarded for test results of the NLC at level 7 in all four skills in French and English test results of CLB 5 or higher
Additionally..

On June 6, 2017, Job Bank registration for Express Entry candidates becomes voluntary for all candidates.

Last edited by Siouxie; May 4th 2017 at 3:35 am.
Old May 21st 2017, 7:54 am
Just Joined

SixKittiesSarah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Extra points under EE for having siblings in Canada or French ability

I'm so pleased the job bank registration is voluntary now. JobBank has only ever been a deposit for LMIA jobs and employers to make sure their lmias are done correctly. Not sure I've spoken to anyone who successfully got a job through it.
Old Jun 11th 2017, 11:34 am
Just Joined

Once upon a time is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Extra points under EE for having siblings in Canada or French ability

Originally Posted by Siouxie
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...pring2017.html

Additional points for candidates with siblings in Canada
On June 6, 2017, the Express Entry system will award 15 points to candidates with siblings in Canada.
To get these points, candidates will need to show that the sibling is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident who is living in Canada and is 18 years of age or older
On June 6, 2017, Express Entry candidates with strong French language skills, with or without English language skills, will be awarded additional points by the CRS.
A total of 15 additional points will be awarded for test results of the Niveaux de compétence linguistique canadiens (NLC) at level 7 in all four language skills in French (listening, speaking, reading and writing) and an English test result of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 4 or lower.

A total of 30 additional points will be awarded for test results of the NLC at level 7 in all four skills in French and English test results of CLB 5 or higher
Additionally..

On June 6, 2017, Job Bank registration for Express Entry candidates becomes voluntary for all candidates.
Thanks for the information. Can one still claim points if sibling yet to settle in Canada? My brother has got the Permanent Residency sorted and been in Canada for few days. He is now deciding between two states to settle based on job offers. Can I still claim points under the category or not?
Old Jun 11th 2017, 5:01 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Once upon a time
Thanks for the information. Can one still claim points if sibling yet to settle in Canada? My brother has got the Permanent Residency sorted and been in Canada for few days. He is now deciding between two states to settle based on job offers. Can I still claim points under the category or not?
No, as per the above they must be "living in Canada". However, if by 'deciding between two states' you mean he's still planning on living in Canada (Canada doesn't have states, so it's really not clear!) then once he's settled and you can prove it (utility bills etc), then you can claim the points.

HTH.
Old Oct 17th 2017, 6:10 am
Just Joined

awaixjvd is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
I want to know the documents required as a proof for siblings in Canada. What are the complete documents required from them?
Old Oct 17th 2017, 6:40 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by awaixjvd
Hi
I want to know the documents required as a proof for siblings in Canada. What are the complete documents required from them?
Hello and welcome to BE!

Here you go

Applications received on or after January 1, 2015, for permanent residence programs subject to the Express Entry completeness check
Proof of relationship to a relative in Canada, status of a relative in Canada and residence status of a relative in Canada (including a brother or sister for the purpose of obtaining additional CRS points)
Purpose

To validate a claim of, and award points associated with, having
  • a relative in Canada who is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident (for the Federal Skilled Worker Program adaptability points);
  • an adult brother or sister who is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident residing in Canada (for additional CRS points).
Document requirements

This documentation is required if the applicant indicates that they, or their accompanying spouse or common-law partner, have a family member in Canada who is a permanent resident or a Canadian citizen.
  1. A copy of both sides of the family member's Canadian citizenship document, Canadian birth certificate and/or permanent resident card must be provided.
  2. Evidence that the family member currently resides in Canada must be provided (a residential lease, mortgage documents, utility bills, etc.).
  3. The documents must show their address in Canada and should be recent (dated within six months prior to submission).
  4. Proof of the relationship of the applicant or the accompanying spouse or common-law partner to the family member must also be provided (e.g., a birth certificate, an official document naming the applicant as a relative, a copy of the inside back cover of the relative’s passport showing the relative’s parents’ marriage certificate, legal adoption documents and any other documents that prove or describe the relationship)
Old Oct 17th 2017, 9:51 pm
Just Joined

awaixjvd is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Hello and welcome to BE!

Here you go
Proof of relationship to a relative in Canada, status of a relative in Canada and residence status of a relative in Canada (including a brother or sister for the purpose of obtaining additional CRS points)
Purpose

To validate a claim of, and award points associated with, having
  • a relative in Canada who is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident (for the Federal Skilled Worker Program adaptability points);
  • an adult brother or sister who is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident residing in Canada (for additional CRS points).
Document requirements

This documentation is required if the applicant indicates that they, or their accompanying spouse or common-law partner, have a family member in Canada who is a permanent resident or a Canadian citizen.
  1. A copy of both sides of the family member's Canadian citizenship document, Canadian birth certificate and/or permanent resident card must be provided.
  2. Evidence that the family member currently resides in Canada must be provided (a residential lease, mortgage documents, utility bills, etc.).
  3. The documents must show their address in Canada and should be recent (dated within six months prior to submission).
  4. Proof of the relationship of the applicant or the accompanying spouse or common-law partner to the family member must also be provided (e.g., a birth certificate, an official document naming the applicant as a relative, a copy of the inside back cover of the relative’s passport showing the relative’s parents’ marriage certificate, legal adoption documents and any other documents that prove or describe the relationship)
Hi
I am really thankful to you for such a detailed answer. You know there is some information which is not available anywhere but only from people who have been through this process. I am deeply thankful for giving such a detailed and informative answer.
Just one more thing. I have my sister-in-law(wife's sister) living in Ontario as PR. Does that qualify for additional points and what are documents required to prove relationship with them(in addition to above mentioned documents)? I guess the identity card of my wife and then her sister would suffice. Then our marriage certificate to prove that she is my sister-in-law. Am i right?
Old Oct 17th 2017, 9:55 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by awaixjvd
Hi
I am really thankful to you for such a detailed answer. You know there is some information which is not available anywhere but only from people who have been through this process. I am deeply thankful for giving such a detailed and informative answer.
Just one more thing. I have my sister-in-law(wife's sister) living in Ontario as PR. Does that qualify for additional points and what are documents required to prove relationship with them? I guess the identity card of my wife and then her sister would suffice. Then our marriage certificate to prove that she is my sister-in-law. Am i right?
The info given above is from the CIC website, it's freely available to all and definitely not "only from people who have been through this process".

The documents needed to get the points are listed above.

As this is a sticky thread and not really for questions, I'll close this one now but please do start a new thread with any more questions.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Oct 17th 2017 at 9:58 pm.