Express entry - when to apply

Old Feb 20th 2018, 10:54 pm
Just Joined

Josephwithers1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Express entry - when to apply

Hello Everybody,

So i am in the process of gathering my documents for my PR application.

I just got my english test results back and I only managed to get an 8 on the writing test, 12 on reading, 11 on speaking and 9 on listening. This means that after doing my points calculator i only have 444 points, very annoying as if I had got a 9 on the writing test i would of had 470 instead.

My 1 years canadian work experience is on March 23rd.

My question is when to apply? If for example i get accepted before March 23rd into a pool, does it matter that my letter will state 1 years work experience as of the 23rd of march or is it done on the day you submit all of your documents? Also can you edit your profile when you have submitted it, i.e doing the english test again and going from an 8 (444pts) to a 9 (470pts)?

Not sure wether to go and do my english test again in this time period, $300 though is a killer and there is still a chance i could fail again!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Last edited by Josephwithers1; Feb 20th 2018 at 11:15 pm. Reason: another question
Old Feb 21st 2018, 7:16 am
Just Joined

mikey8954 has much to be proud ofmikey8954 has much to be proud ofmikey8954 has much to be proud ofmikey8954 has much to be proud ofmikey8954 has much to be proud ofmikey8954 has much to be proud ofmikey8954 has much to be proud ofmikey8954 has much to be proud ofmikey8954 has much to be proud ofmikey8954 has much to be proud ofmikey8954 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Express entry - when to apply

I believe you can update your express entry profile as things change, it says this somewhere in the guidance on the site. I would apply as soon as you have all of the details necessary to complete a profile and be eligible for entry as some of the invitation rounds have been lower than your 440 (November 17 had a round like this) and most of the recent ones have been in the 440's, it never hurts to be in the mix. As soon as you have updated English test results and as soon as you hit your 12 months experience, you can then update these fields on the application if you haven't been invited yet.
I was lucky, I submitted my profile and had an invitation within 4 days.
Old Feb 21st 2018, 3:37 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and welcome to BE!

If you are claiming points for Canadian experience it must be valid at the time you submit, I believe.
Can I complete an Express Entry profile before I have a year of work experience?

No, you should not complete an Express Entry profile in this case. If you do not have a full year of experience, the system will not find you eligible.

To meet the minimum criteria for the Express Entry pool, you must be eligible for at least one of the programs under Express Entry.
Online Help Centre - List of questions and answers - by topic
Old Feb 22nd 2018, 7:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Engineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Josephwithers1
Hello Everybody,

So i am in the process of gathering my documents for my PR application.

I just got my english test results back and I only managed to get an 8 on the writing test, 12 on reading, 11 on speaking and 9 on listening. This means that after doing my points calculator i only have 444 points, very annoying as if I had got a 9 on the writing test i would of had 470 instead.

My 1 years canadian work experience is on March 23rd.

My question is when to apply? If for example i get accepted before March 23rd into a pool, does it matter that my letter will state 1 years work experience as of the 23rd of march or is it done on the day you submit all of your documents? Also can you edit your profile when you have submitted it, i.e doing the english test again and going from an 8 (444pts) to a 9 (470pts)?

Not sure wether to go and do my english test again in this time period, $300 though is a killer and there is still a chance i could fail again!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
As stated you could apply now, provided you do not enter your work experience and then update in March once you have the work experience.

444 is still not a bad score the last draw on Feb 21 had a lowest score of 442.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...vitations.html