Old Aug 11th 2017, 11:21 pm
Just Joined

kzns24 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Express Entry Stages and Status

Originally Posted by Gorbzilla
Very very generally speaking, the process is:

ITA --> AOR --> Medicals passed --> IP1 --> N/A --> IP2 --> PPR
  • You receive your ITA, and you have 90 days to submit the full application
  • On submitting the full application, you receive an AOR or Acknowledgement of Receipt
  • Medical passed could take about 2 months, but recently its only been a month for some. It will say 'You have passed the medical'. I think this could be preceded with a background check of not applicable...
  • Background checks happen in two stages, on some forums they are labelled IP1 (in progress 1) and IP2 (in progress 2).
  • IP1 usually follows shortly after the medicals are passed, and should last a few days before the background check goes to not applicable again. The text I believe just says 'In progress'
  • This not applicable stage can last from a month to many months.
  • When the background check goes to 'We are processing your background check. We will contact you if we need further information', then you are in IP2.
  • After IP2 follows PPR, or Passport Request, which is the visa office asking for your passport so they can stamp it with something confirming your PR. At this stage you have been accepted.

Please note that the timelines are very rough, there are many factors that can affect your application such as spouse/#dependants, travel history, PCC's, and many more thing. Even certain streams seem to be slower, for example PNP applications seem to take longer than FSW, and CEC is fastest (Again generally speaking).

Not all of the above changes trigger an email to you. so its a good idea to check your application regularly.

There is a good resource called Immitracker (Immitracker express entry tracker) which allows you to enter high level details and dates of your application to compare to others. Be sure to filter by your stream first. You dont have to actually join to look at it, but its helpful for others if you do.

Hope that helps!

Hi, my ME was 2017/08/09, my BGC went to 'we are processing ......" and additional document went to " we do not need addition documents", on the same day, BGC went to NA and final dicision went to in progress . So am i in IP 2 or IP 1 ?
Thank you.
Old Oct 25th 2017, 7:39 am
Forum Regular

El Supremo is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm applying under the FSW stream and my background check status reads: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Therefore I assume that I'm at the IP2 stage. CIC have asked for an RCMP check with fingerprints (which I will email to them tomorrow). Assuming that this is accepted and, having read the previous posts, looked at fairly quickly I'll receive a PPR in the next few weeks.

How long after the PPR is submitted does the application usually take to completion? If I'm at the IP2 stage is it likely that the rest of my documentation (i.e. proof of funds, letters from employers etc) has been reviewed by CIC and accepted?
Old Oct 25th 2017, 7:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Shakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by El Supremo
How long after the PPR is submitted does the application usually take to completion? If I'm at the IP2 stage is it likely that the rest of my documentation (i.e. proof of funds, letters from employers etc) has been reviewed by CIC and accepted?

It took 7 working days for my email confirming PR and 10 working day for my posted paperwork. This is from when they received my photos and passport photocopies.

I can't comment on if you're IP2 and the background check message appears the same for IP1 and IP2 and so only you will no if it was in progress, changed and then went back to in progress. I think in retrospect it is best not to try and guess about the IP1 or 2 stage and just know that once PPR comes, you're about 2 weeks away from having the paperwork in hand.

Be strict on your photos, ours were about 2 mm out in one direction and were rejected.
Old Oct 25th 2017, 7:59 am
Forum Regular

Thumbs up Re: Express Entry Stages and Status

Originally Posted by Shakyuk
It took 7 working days for my email confirming PR and 10 working day for my posted paperwork. This is from when they received my photos and passport photocopies.

I can't comment on if you're IP2 and the background check message appears the same for IP1 and IP2 and so only you will no if it was in progress, changed and then went back to in progress. I think in retrospect it is best not to try and guess about the IP1 or 2 stage and just know that once PPR comes, you're about 2 weeks away from having the paperwork in hand.

Be strict on your photos, ours were about 2 mm out in one direction and were rejected.
Thanks for your help.

I think I am at IP2 stage because my medical passed about 2 months ago and I'm sure I read at some stage that the background check was not applicable. I guess that I'll find out soon enough.
Old Oct 25th 2017, 4:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

ES: haven't you got an Upload slot for the RCMP certificate? Have you tried clicking on "View submitted application"?
Old Oct 25th 2017, 5:10 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Snowy560
ES: haven't you got an Upload slot for the RCMP certificate? Have you tried clicking on "View submitted application"?
It doesn't appear so - the letter that I received from CIC requested "You must send us the requested information by email within 30 days from the date of this letter" to a specific email address.

Is it normal to upload the document to the CIC portal instead?

Edit: just checked and I do have an upload slot - I'll therefore email and upload the doc just to make sure that they get it.
Old Oct 25th 2017, 5:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh okay if IRCC provided you with specific instructions and a specific email address that's different. Absolutely you must do what they say.

Make sure what you email/upload is in colour.

Last edited by Snowy560; Oct 25th 2017 at 5:17 pm.
Old Oct 25th 2017, 5:21 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Snowy560
Oh okay if IRCC provided you with specific instructions and a specific email address that's different. Absolutely you must do what they say.

Make sure what you email/upload is in colour.
Thanks for pointing that out though - I would have missed the upload button on the the CIC portal.

I've now submitted the RCMP check by email (requested) and via the CIC portal.
Old Nov 29th 2017, 3:37 pm
Forum Regular

MarkS28 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just as a follow up to this thread, my partner and I received the "You passed the medical exam" the day after our AOR and now the background check states "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information." only 4 days after our AOR. This seems exceptionally quick based on previous posts but I guess can only be a good thing right?