Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Old Sep 3rd 2015, 4:20 pm
Forum Regular

Jackandvictor has a brilliant futureJackandvictor has a brilliant futureJackandvictor has a brilliant futureJackandvictor has a brilliant futureJackandvictor has a brilliant futureJackandvictor has a brilliant futureJackandvictor has a brilliant future
Smile Re: Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Originally Posted by Tirytory
As of 2.32 today we became Permanent Residents😊. We landed in Etobicoke (so glamorous) as we don't have a passport for baby to leave the country so it was an inland landing for us!
Hi TT
Yesterday was a landing day for us too! Landed at Douglas border crossing at lunchtime...so glad this process has now completed!
Good luck to all others at all stages in the process! No more immigration stress for us...yeah
Old Sep 3rd 2015, 4:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

withabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Originally Posted by Jackandvictor
Hi TT
Yesterday was a landing day for us too! Landed at Douglas border crossing at lunchtime...so glad this process has now completed!
Good luck to all others at all stages in the process! No more immigration stress for us...yeah
Any unexpected requests from CBSA officers?

Do I need my list of possessions and imported vehicle that I imported as a TFW?

Last edited by withabix; Sep 3rd 2015 at 4:48 pm.
Old Sep 3rd 2015, 4:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by withabix

Only if you have any goods to follow. Those goods here now have been reported so now can legally stay once you land and no need to show CBSA what was previously imported prior to becoming a PR.
In regards to the vehicle Im assuming that its on Canadian plates and was imported via the RIV and was only a temporary importation. Check the RIV form to see any conditions.

Last edited by Former Lancastrian; Sep 3rd 2015 at 4:55 pm.
Old Sep 3rd 2015, 5:05 pm
Forum Regular

Jackandvictor has a brilliant futureJackandvictor has a brilliant futureJackandvictor has a brilliant futureJackandvictor has a brilliant futureJackandvictor has a brilliant futureJackandvictor has a brilliant futureJackandvictor has a brilliant future

No unexpected requests at all! He just wanted to see our CoPR and passports. No requests to see work permits/ confirmation of payment for BOWP or anything else. He asked if we had goods to follow and as we are here already with it all, the answer was no.
A very easy, pleasant experience, just missing some party poppers and a glass of champagne!
Old Sep 3rd 2015, 5:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

No unexpected requests at all! He just wanted to see our CoPR and passports. No requests to see work permits/ confirmation of payment for BOWP or anything else. He asked if we had goods to follow and as we are here already with it all, the answer was no.
A very easy, pleasant experience, just missing some party poppers and a glass of champagne!
Sorry Govt cutbacks and austerity measures means no champagne or anything else for that matter. I will check our drawers to see if we have any paper Canadian flags left over from the Canada day celebrations. I think we were given 50 flags and 50 pencils.
Old Sep 3rd 2015, 7:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

KuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond repute

Hello. Did anybody here get a physical letter for AOR? Or at least, something separate from the seemingly automated AOR that you get when you submit through EE? I ask because I'm very likely going to have to apply for a BOWP which explicitly states that the automatic response is NOT acceptable proof of AOR.

For CEC applications, the status of the Eligibility CEC activity has been set to “Passed” or the Acknowledgement of Receipt letter or email has been sent by the CIO.

Express Entry

In the Express Entry application process, a notice and a letter are sent to the applicant. Only the letter (Acknowledgment of Receipt) can be used to support a BOWP.

A notice (Electronic receipt of APR) is automatically issued to the applicants on receipt of their electronic application submission. This notice indicates the following: “Your application is being checked to determine whether it meets the requirements of a complete application pursuant to section 10 and section 12.01 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations.” This notice cannot be used to support a BOWP, as it does not reflect that the applicant has received a “positive eligibility assessment” as required for a BOWP.

A letter (Acknowledgement of Receipt) is issued to the applicants once their application has passed a completeness check. This letter indicates the following: “CIC has reviewed your application and determined that it meets the requirements of a complete application as described in section 10 and section 12.01 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations.” This is the official Acknowledgement of Receipt letter and it may be used to support a BOWP if all other requirements are met.
However, from what I've been reading on here, nobody has received any other form of AOR excepting when they're told they have COPR (which at that point is pointless to get a BOWP!)

Anybody here go through the BOWP process while applying for PR through EE (I'm CEC but any experience could help) and could tell me what they used? Want to get the ball rolling on this as I'm down to 3.5 months before my IEC expires.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by KuroKuro; Sep 3rd 2015 at 7:44 pm.
Old Sep 3rd 2015, 7:43 pm
Forum Regular

Degs3112 is an unknown quantity at this point

My work permit expires in 12 days... I sent off my BWOP application 31 days before it was due to expire... When I spoke on the phone to a CIC officer they told me that the automated response was fine, they checked the status of my PR application and seen it was already in process. The application has been in process since May so I wasn't too worried about using the automated response
Old Sep 3rd 2015, 8:37 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by KuroKuro
Hello. Did anybody here get a physical letter for AOR? Or at least, something separate from the seemingly automated AOR that you get when you submit through EE? I ask because I'm very likely going to have to apply for a BOWP which explicitly states that the automatic response is NOT acceptable proof of AOR.

However, from what I've been reading on here, nobody has received any other form of AOR excepting when they're told they have COPR (which at that point is pointless to get a BOWP!)

Anybody here go through the BOWP process while applying for PR through EE (I'm CEC but any experience could help) and could tell me what they used? Want to get the ball rolling on this as I'm down to 3.5 months before my IEC expires.

Thanks in advance.
We applied through EE under the CEC category. Applied 12 days before our work permit expired for the BOWP. That was on 18th June. Just got our PR and landed yesterday. No word on the BOWP application but we too panicked as it said the initial AOR was not suitable for BOWP. We applied however as we saw no one was getting a second AOR whilst inland. The timeframe was over 100 days for BOWP so you might be lucky and get PR before the application gets looked at!
Old Sep 3rd 2015, 8:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

KuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the fast feedback Degs3112 & Jackandvictor.

I think I'll just go ahead & use the automated AOR and see what happens.
Old Sep 3rd 2015, 8:58 pm
Forum Regular

You have 3 1/2 months until your current permit expires... Personally, I wouldn't even have a notion about sending off for a BWOP until about a month or so before it's due to expire. As long as they receive it you get implied status, also, if you receive PR before your BWOP is processed then you will have the fee returned... In Lehmans terms, the longer you leave it, it's less likely you will have to fork out more moola! But that's just my way of thinking because I'm a tight fisted Scotsman!hahaha
Old Sep 3rd 2015, 9:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

bc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Degs3112
You have 3 1/2 months until your current permit expires... Personally, I wouldn't even have a notion about sending off for a BWOP until about a month or so before it's due to expire. As long as they receive it you get implied status, also, if you receive PR before your BWOP is processed then you will have the fee returned... In Lehmans terms, the longer you leave it, it's less likely you will have to fork out more moola! But that's just my way of thinking because I'm a tight fisted Scotsman!hahaha
IEC does not qualify for implied status.
Old Sep 3rd 2015, 9:37 pm
Forum Regular

Ouch! Well anyone else reading that last post at least got some insight into my way of thinking!ha where in Ireland you from?
Old Sep 4th 2015, 2:29 am
Muskoka, Ontario

Tirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond repute

Hi TT
Congratulations

No....although I panicked and got a last minute print out of proof of funds and had our household inventory with us. I also took the baby's birth certificate- didn't need that either. All very seamless!
Old Sep 4th 2015, 4:36 am
Forum Regular

Hasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations TT/Withabix/JackandVictor!

TT...where did you go to in Etibicoke for landing?

Weird! just receive notification that my application is updated but no messages when log in..still waiting :- (..
Old Sep 4th 2015, 12:18 pm
Muskoka, Ontario

Tirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hasan78
Congratulations TT/Withabix/JackandVictor!

TT...where did you go to in Etibicoke for landing?

Weird! just receive notification that my application is updated but no messages when log in..still waiting :- (..
When we got the COPR forms we had to ring the central helpline number and they rang and requested an inland appt for us...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.