Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

Old May 22nd 2015, 2:07 pm
Just Joined

kpower27 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Express Entry Scores and Progress Thread

The work history section doesn't specify ten years, its only the personal history section that specifically says ten years and although they ask for employment history there, they don't require NOC code or position information in that section so it's a little confusing.

The work history section also specifies not to include "internships". I was on a one year paid work placement while at university so not sure where that qualifies.
Old May 22nd 2015, 2:27 pm
Happy in Alberta

sms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by kpower27
The work history section doesn't specify ten years, its only the personal history section that specifically says ten years and although they ask for employment history there, they don't require NOC code or position information in that section so it's a little confusing.

The work history section also specifies not to include "internships". I was on a one year paid work placement while at university so not sure where that qualifies.
You do have to provide ALL work history so this could go back even further than 10 years
Old May 25th 2015, 3:58 am
BE Forum Addict

withabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond repute

Latest round of Invitations (No. 9)

755 points was the threshold, with 1361 Invitations.

Ministerial Instructions

Probably not too surprising that the score went up considerably, given that it was 5 weeks since the last round...
Old May 25th 2015, 9:34 am
Forum Regular

kswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by withabix

Ministerial Instructions

Probably not too surprising that the score went up considerably, given that it was 5 weeks since the last round...
Fingers crossed they haven't hit the panic button after a few 400s squeaked in, and that they're going to do bigger draws, but spread them out now.

I'm hoping we get at least one more draw below 500, just so that I can get scooped up. I don't think I can deal with having to re-adjust my plans again! haha
Old May 25th 2015, 11:14 am
Muskoka, Ontario

Tirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond repute

Ministerial Instructions

Oh wow that's going to leave a few uncertain people about...
Old May 25th 2015, 6:43 pm
Happy in Alberta

sms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud of

I am starting to feel really disheartened by the lack of movement on our application people who applied way after us have had medicals etc 'passed' and ours remains the same.

Don't get me wrong, I am really happy for those who had gained PR via EE and for those who's applications are moving along.......I just wish ours would too especially as our work permits are due to expire soon!
Old May 25th 2015, 6:48 pm
Muskoka, Ontario

Tirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sms1984
I am starting to feel really disheartened by the lack of movement on our application people who applied way after us have had medicals etc 'passed' and ours remains the same.

Don't get me wrong, I am really happy for those who had gained PR via EE and for those who's applications are moving along.......I just wish ours would too especially as our work permits are due to expire soon!
Maybe everything will just go PR approved altogether SMS.... It is only in month 5 and how long since you submitted? Well same as us and we are only a teeny tiny bit further along than you...
Old May 25th 2015, 6:56 pm
Happy in Alberta

Originally Posted by Tirytory
Maybe everything will just go PR approved altogether SMS.... It is only in month 5 and how long since you submitted? Well same as us and we are only a teeny tiny bit further along than you...
I know you are right, it's just the not knowing what's going on behind the scenes that's scary.

We submitted the application on the 3rd March so tomorrow will only be week 13 and there was a week delay getting Canadian police certificates etc so I know in my head it's not that long but it's all we can think about
Old May 26th 2015, 4:32 pm
Forum Regular

Degs3112 is an unknown quantity at this point

I know you are right, it's just the not knowing what's going on behind the scenes that's scary.

We submitted the application on the 3rd March so tomorrow will only be week 13 and there was a week delay getting Canadian police certificates etc so I know in my head it's not that long but it's all we can think about

You had to get Canadian police certs? It was my understanding that you only required police certs from countries you've lived for more than 6 months, other than Canada....
Old May 26th 2015, 4:36 pm
Happy in Alberta

Originally Posted by Degs3112
You had to get Canadian police certs? It was my understanding that you only required police certs from countries you've lived for more than 6 months, other than Canada....
We have been living in Canada for 2.5 years
Old May 26th 2015, 4:50 pm
Forum Regular

Degs3112 is an unknown quantity at this point

We have been living in Canada for 2.5 years
Ah I see... I've been living in Canada for 1.5 years but I never seen anything requiring me to get a Canadian police cert... I hope I have misunderstood what was required. I sent off my application May 5th and got my AOR the same evening
Old May 26th 2015, 5:00 pm
Happy in Alberta

Originally Posted by Degs3112
Ah I see... I've been living in Canada for 1.5 years but I never seen anything requiring me to get a Canadian police cert... I hope I have misunderstood what was required. I sent off my application May 5th and got my AOR the same evening
The AOR is just a generic one, I don't think it means much. If you have been living in Canada for 1.5 years I am almost certain you will be asked to provide Canadian police certs/fingerprints. We weren't certain if we would be asked to provide them or not but we booked them anyway as there was a 3 week wait in our city and as luck would have it, we received the request from CIC the day before we were due to have them done anyway!
Old May 26th 2015, 10:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

withabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond repute

We got our Canadian Police certs and fingerprints done before we Submitted and uploaded them with the UK ones.

Anything to save time...
Old May 26th 2015, 10:56 pm
Happy in Alberta

We got our Canadian Police certs and fingerprints done before we Submitted and uploaded them with the UK ones.

Anything to save time...
When did you submit your EE application? Haveyou had any correspondance from CIC to say your background checks have passed?
Old May 26th 2015, 11:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

When did you submit your EE application? Haveyou had any correspondance from CIC to say your background checks have passed?
Submitted 8th April.

CELPIP was requested and uploaded on 5th May.

Medicals changed to 'Passed' on 6th May.

Nothing else yet...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.