Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Express Entry Proof of Medical Exam

Express Entry Proof of Medical Exam

Old Feb 21st 2017, 11:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Shakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Express Entry Proof of Medical Exam

I have rang two places to get a prices for the medical exam for myself and girlfriend.

Manchester tell me we both have the same medical exam.
Birmingham have said because my girlfriend is a nurse, she needs a more expensive medical exam (an extra £120) which has additional blood tests. They're saying this is a requirement for nurses who are emigrating.
I rang back Manchester and they're telling me my girlfriend doesn't need any special medical, it's just the standard immigration medical which we both need.

I can't find anything on the CIC website saying my girlfriend needs additional tests. Has anyone experienced this or have any information regarding this?

I can understand to work as a nurse in Canada she'll probably need a medical and some blood tests, as is required in the UK. But if that isn't required for immigration purposes then I'd rather wait until we're in Canada and she's registered as a nurse etc. As it could potentially be a very long time before she's registered as a nurse and so her blood tests will no doubt be invalidated.

Anyway, any advice would be appreciated.
Old Feb 21st 2017, 5:32 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Express Entry Proof of Medical Exam

Originally Posted by Shakyuk
I have rang two places to get a prices for the medical exam for myself and girlfriend.

Manchester tell me we both have the same medical exam.
Birmingham have said because my girlfriend is a nurse, she needs a more expensive medical exam (an extra £120) which has additional blood tests. They're saying this is a requirement for nurses who are emigrating.
I rang back Manchester and they're telling me my girlfriend doesn't need any special medical, it's just the standard immigration medical which we both need.

I can't find anything on the CIC website saying my girlfriend needs additional tests. Has anyone experienced this or have any information regarding this?

I can understand to work as a nurse in Canada she'll probably need a medical and some blood tests, as is required in the UK. But if that isn't required for immigration purposes then I'd rather wait until we're in Canada and she's registered as a nurse etc. As it could potentially be a very long time before she's registered as a nurse and so her blood tests will no doubt be invalidated.

Anyway, any advice would be appreciated.
Medical exams
Medical exam for permanent residents

I believe they are confused, I couldn't find anything anywhere where there is a requirement to have a different type of medical. As far as I am aware, it's a standard medical exam that is required for immigration purposes.

Last edited by Siouxie; Feb 21st 2017 at 5:36 pm.
Old Feb 21st 2017, 7:03 pm
Forum Regular

MegaJamie is a name known to allMegaJamie is a name known to allMegaJamie is a name known to allMegaJamie is a name known to allMegaJamie is a name known to allMegaJamie is a name known to allMegaJamie is a name known to allMegaJamie is a name known to allMegaJamie is a name known to allMegaJamie is a name known to allMegaJamie is a name known to all

I booked my medicals for PR EE at the Spire in Brentwood for next week, they did not ask either of our professions.

there was some confusion on what stream I would be going under, and wanted all the medical IME number or whatever you get via other streams, I guess PR on it's own is less common, but after some time on the phone we got it sorted.

As I say, not once did the topic of me working in an hospital come up for additional tests.
Old Feb 22nd 2017, 8:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Shakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Medical exams
Medical exam for permanent residents

I believe they are confused, I couldn't find anything anywhere where there is a requirement to have a different type of medical. As far as I am aware, it's a standard medical exam that is required for immigration purposes.

They're the pages I reviewed and some others on the CIC website and I also couldn't find anything. I think they must be getting confused too. Thanks, sometimes it's nice to just have a sanity check

Originally Posted by MegaJamie
I booked my medicals for PR EE at the Spire in Brentwood for next week, they did not ask either of our professions.

there was some confusion on what stream I would be going under, and wanted all the medical IME number or whatever you get via other streams, I guess PR on it's own is less common, but after some time on the phone we got it sorted.

As I say, not once did the topic of me working in an hospital come up for additional tests.

I had this IME number issue as well. I rang Manchester and the lady asked me for my IME number. I said I didn't have one but I had an EE profile number. She then asked if I had even applied for a VISA. I told her my route and that I had been selected and told to upload my medical assessment but I didn't have an IME number but I did have an application reference number. She then spoke over me and again questioned if I even had a VISA. I repeated my situation and requirement another two times but she just continued to talk over me and cut me off. She just kept repeating that I'd have an IME number if I had applied for a VISA. I told her she was being quite rude and she said 'actually I think you'll find you're very rude' haha! That's the reason I rang Birmingham because I didn't want to deal with this woman again! But Birmingham want to charge me an extra £120 for my girlfriends medical so it looks like I'm back to Manchester... I'll have high blood pressure from dealing with that woman again...
Old Feb 22nd 2017, 12:19 pm
Forum Regular

gaz_c2c has a reputation beyond reputegaz_c2c has a reputation beyond reputegaz_c2c has a reputation beyond reputegaz_c2c has a reputation beyond reputegaz_c2c has a reputation beyond reputegaz_c2c has a reputation beyond reputegaz_c2c has a reputation beyond reputegaz_c2c has a reputation beyond reputegaz_c2c has a reputation beyond reputegaz_c2c has a reputation beyond reputegaz_c2c has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shakyuk
They're the pages I reviewed and some others on the CIC website and I also couldn't find anything. I think they must be getting confused too. Thanks, sometimes it's nice to just have a sanity check

I had this IME number issue as well. I rang Manchester and the lady asked me for my IME number. I said I didn't have one but I had an EE profile number. She then asked if I had even applied for a VISA. I told her my route and that I had been selected and told to upload my medical assessment but I didn't have an IME number but I did have an application reference number. She then spoke over me and again questioned if I even had a VISA. I repeated my situation and requirement another two times but she just continued to talk over me and cut me off. She just kept repeating that I'd have an IME number if I had applied for a VISA. I told her she was being quite rude and she said 'actually I think you'll find you're very rude' haha! That's the reason I rang Birmingham because I didn't want to deal with this woman again! But Birmingham want to charge me an extra £120 for my girlfriends medical so it looks like I'm back to Manchester... I'll have high blood pressure from dealing with that woman again...

Hi Shakyuk, the woman in Manchester might be the same person that I spoke to the other week. I found her difficult over the telephone, very abrupt and not very understanding (despite the fact that me and my OH are forking out a fair bit of money for this experience). She kept insisting on which visa I was travelling on; she didn't seem to get what I was saying regarding EE and not having a visa yet! Eventually I said put me down for a 'work' visa as I am not planning to apply for a visit or study visa/permit. I will print off my ITA, the relevant EE profile sections as well as the specific advice/requirements on CIC's website regarding upfront medicals for EE candidates just in case she tries to mess me around on the day. I'll report back depending on how my experience goes this Friday

Last edited by gaz_c2c; Feb 22nd 2017 at 2:14 pm.
Old Feb 22nd 2017, 12:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

I appreciate it is a pain, but perhaps you could consider making you medical date part of a weekday / weekend break and travel further?

My wife had her medical at The Bridge Clinic in Maidenhead. They were very clued up and knew exactly what they were doing, and fully understood our 'up front' medical for spousal sponsorship meant we didn't have a number yet etc.
Old Feb 23rd 2017, 12:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gaz_c2c
Hi Shakyuk, the woman in Manchester might be the same person that I spoke to the other week. I found her difficult over the telephone, very abrupt and not very understanding (despite the fact that me and my OH are forking out a fair bit of money for this experience). She kept insisting on which visa I was travelling on; she didn't seem to get what I was saying regarding EE and not having a visa yet! Eventually I said put me down for a 'work' visa as I am not planning to apply for a visit or study visa/permit. I will print off my ITA, the relevant EE profile sections as well as the specific advice/requirements on CIC's website regarding upfront medicals for EE candidates just in case she tries to mess me around on the day. I'll report back depending on how my experience goes this Friday

In a weird way I'm glad I'm not the only one who's had a bad experience with her. I actually rang Nuffield health and complained. I was starting to think 'was it me?' but my girlfriend was in horror when I got off the phone and couldn't believe how rude she was and then telling me I'm rude!

I had the same feeling, I'm spending a lot of money, surely there should be some level of customer service.

Good luck with everything and please do let me know how it went. I'm booked in for a couple of weeks.

Originally Posted by Hurlabrick
I appreciate it is a pain, but perhaps you could consider making you medical date part of a weekday / weekend break and travel further?

My wife had her medical at The Bridge Clinic in Maidenhead. They were very clued up and knew exactly what they were doing, and fully understood our 'up front' medical for spousal sponsorship meant we didn't have a number yet etc.

Thank you for the reply, we did consider that and the nearest was Birmingham, we quite like the city centre so thought we'd stay the night but with them wanting to charge more we've booked in with Manchester now... hopefully I won't face the ladies wrath again!
Old Feb 25th 2017, 10:17 am
Forum Regular

gaz_c2c has a reputation beyond reputegaz_c2c has a reputation beyond reputegaz_c2c has a reputation beyond reputegaz_c2c has a reputation beyond reputegaz_c2c has a reputation beyond reputegaz_c2c has a reputation beyond reputegaz_c2c has a reputation beyond reputegaz_c2c has a reputation beyond reputegaz_c2c has a reputation beyond reputegaz_c2c has a reputation beyond reputegaz_c2c has a reputation beyond repute

Hi again ShakyUK. So me and my OH completed our medicals yesterday and overall I think it went well. We arrived 15 minutes before our appointment time and after signing a waiver and providing a urine sample we both went through to see the panel physician together. The Doctor who conducted it seemed up to date with the process and was professional, friendly and more than happy to answer all of our questions. We completed our examinations within 30 to 40 minutes and the X-Ray took a couple of minutes each. All in all, we were in and out within an hour.

After the examination, we received an e-medical document each, which is what we scan and upload to our eAPR. There is a section on the form titled Client Visa details, which for us had the following information:

IME: Non EDE
Upfront Medical Type: Worker

I queried this (for my own peace of mind more than anything) with the doctor and also researching some other websites/forums. Up-front medicals mean we receive an UMI number and not an IME. The document we received yesterday has an UMI number which is the unique identifier which IRCC uses to electronically track and capture the full/final medical report once our application has been received by IRCC.

In summary, the Doctor seemed to very au fait with the upfront medical process and I'd like to think that if you deal directly with him on the day then you shouldn't run into any issues. Also, as an added bonus we didn't have to deal with the lady from our phonecall at all yesterday
Old Feb 27th 2017, 8:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gaz_c2c
Hi again ShakyUK. So me and my OH completed our medicals yesterday and overall I think it went well. We arrived 15 minutes before our appointment time and after signing a waiver and providing a urine sample we both went through to see the panel physician together. The Doctor who conducted it seemed up to date with the process and was professional, friendly and more than happy to answer all of our questions. We completed our examinations within 30 to 40 minutes and the X-Ray took a couple of minutes each. All in all, we were in and out within an hour.

After the examination, we received an e-medical document each, which is what we scan and upload to our eAPR. There is a section on the form titled Client Visa details, which for us had the following information:

IME: Non EDE
Upfront Medical Type: Worker

I queried this (for my own peace of mind more than anything) with the doctor and also researching some other websites/forums. Up-front medicals mean we receive an UMI number and not an IME. The document we received yesterday has an UMI number which is the unique identifier which IRCC uses to electronically track and capture the full/final medical report once our application has been received by IRCC.

In summary, the Doctor seemed to very au fait with the upfront medical process and I'd like to think that if you deal directly with him on the day then you shouldn't run into any issues. Also, as an added bonus we didn't have to deal with the lady from our phonecall at all yesterday
Thanks for the post, I really appreciate it! I'm glad your medicals went ok! Just over a week until ours.

Thanks for the information on the UMI too, good to know and it'll save me going through the same research process

I just looked at your previous post and I now remember reading your Toronto post. So are you both now back in the UK? I had thought from you getting the job at Toronto University that you'd still be out there now.
Old Mar 1st 2017, 5:56 am
Forum Regular

MegaJamie is a name known to allMegaJamie is a name known to allMegaJamie is a name known to allMegaJamie is a name known to allMegaJamie is a name known to allMegaJamie is a name known to allMegaJamie is a name known to allMegaJamie is a name known to allMegaJamie is a name known to allMegaJamie is a name known to allMegaJamie is a name known to all

We had our Medicals yesterday and got a form with IME on it and our pictures they took etc which is for us to upload.

nice and easy process, defiantly recommend the Spire in brentwood to anyone for this in the future
Old Mar 1st 2017, 8:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MegaJamie
We had our Medicals yesterday and got a form with IME on it and our pictures they took etc which is for us to upload.

nice and easy process, defiantly recommend the Spire in brentwood to anyone for this in the future

Glad you had a good experience.
I assume you supplied the IME when you booked?
Old Mar 1st 2017, 10:54 am
Just Joined

Badger10 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi.I have a ITA under experience class.I'm a health care worker and have been informed I will need blood tests by clinic in Birmingham. They seemed certain. They also said my partner will need blood test as has a tattoo. Any advice would be appreciated.Thanks Keith
Old Mar 1st 2017, 11:12 am
BE Enthusiast

I believe if you're over 15 you need to have a blood test regardless. I haven't had my medical yet, but I have a full sleeve. I was asked about tattoos and Manchester said it wasn't a problem.

Birmingham wanted my girlfriend to have additional blood tests because she works in the health sector. This is the reason we chose not to go with them.

I can't comment if they're right or if me having a tattoo will turn out to be a problem but Manchester definitely said my girlfriend's profession is irrelevant to the visa application medical. My medical is Tuesday though so I'll be sure to post an update
Old Mar 1st 2017, 11:20 am
Just Joined

Badger10 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the info.I no you have to have a blood test was referring to the extra one they wanted us to do.Trip to the right clinic will save over £300 in extra tests.I could use that for another tattoo 😁. Good luck with your medical.
Old Mar 1st 2017, 12:04 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

They could be getting confused with the Aus meds. Medical profession personnel and tattoo owners do need extra blood tests for Aus migration. Could just be rude, money grabbing idiots as well of course.

Last edited by moneypenny20; Mar 1st 2017 at 1:04 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.