Express Entry Points

Old Nov 2nd 2016, 3:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Shakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Express Entry Points

Awhile ago someone commented that they'd heard CIC hadn't reached their target for skilled immigration and so the number of Express Entry invites would potentially increase near the end of the year.

The last few draws were:
#45 – October 19, 2016 / 1,804 invites / 475 points
#44 – October 12, 2016 / 1,518 invites / 484 points
#43 – September 21, 2016 / 1,288 invites / 483 points
#42 – September 7, 2016 / 1,000 invites / 491 points
#41 – August 24, 2016 / 750 invites / 538 points
#40 – August 10, 2016 / 754 invites / 490 points

Draws #39-#33 all were around 750 invites with 480+ points required.
So it looks like the trend is moving higher and thus the points should move lower. If people are thinking of submitting an Express Entry profile, now may be a good time!
Old Nov 2nd 2016, 5:44 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Express Entry Points

Originally Posted by Shakyuk
Awhile ago someone commented that they'd heard CIC hadn't reached their target for skilled immigration and so the number of Express Entry invites would potentially increase near the end of the year.
Out of interest, where did they hear that? Has it come via an official source or is it just speculation?
Old Nov 2nd 2016, 5:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Shakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Out of interest, where did they hear that? Has it come via an official source or is it just speculation?

Just for you I searched for the post, it was on this forum..

Hopefully this works:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/immig.../#post12030157

I didn't actually watch the video because I read the post at work.
Old Nov 2nd 2016, 6:06 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shakyuk
Just for you I searched for the post, it was on this forum..

Hopefully this works:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/immig.../#post12030157

I didn't actually watch the video because I read the post at work.
Ah ok. Forgive me if I'm cynical but (a) I've worked at far too many events with CIC employees where they've given out the most ridiculously incorrect info; and (b) he says 'paper based economic applications that have been submitted prior to EE', but what about all those that have been submitted after it? Plus all the other non EE economic classes i.e. Start Up, LIC etc?

I've not watched the video though, hope you're right and the points drop a bit, there are quite a lot of people on the forum at the 430-460 level of points that I think would love it if it did!
Old Nov 2nd 2016, 6:21 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Just out of interest, I've just looked at 2015's stats for economic PR's, and there were approx 35,000 that received PR via economic streams that wouldn't be covered under EE i.e. the visa routes mentioned above, I'd assume probably the same again in PNP paper applications as a rough guess?

A total of 31,000+ ITA's were given out that year which assuming each application had an average of 2 or 3 people on it would be about right given the above for the 170,000 PR target. Not sure how this year compares on ITA's though as I've not totted them all up, but it might give an idea at least of how many CIC might issue in the last couple of months in the year?
Old Nov 2nd 2016, 6:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Ah ok. Forgive me if I'm cynical but (a) I've worked at far too many events with CIC employees where they've given out the most ridiculously incorrect info; and (b) he says 'paper based economic applications that have been submitted prior to EE', but what about all those that have been submitted after it? Plus all the other non EE economic classes i.e. Start Up, LIC etc?

I've not watched the video though, hope you're right and the points drop a bit, there are quite a lot of people on the forum at the 430-460 level of points that I think would love it if it did!

I am also cynical and so took it with a pinch of salt but the number of invitations does seem to be trending upwards from the months of 750 invitations and so perhaps there is some truth to it.
I hope they drop too, the current level of points are extremely difficult to achieve without Canadian work experience or a job offer.
Myself and my girlfriend have experience in skilled professions, she has a degree and I have a degree and masters but even with max marks on the IELTS we would only get 477 points!
Old Nov 2nd 2016, 6:30 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

OK, saddo that I am, I've just added up the ITA's given this year. Currently 26,000 issued, so using last year's 31,000 as a guide, would mean there are another 5,000 or so to be given out this year.

4 more draws or so, would mean 1250 ITA's in each draw, so not huge numbers and similar to what was given out earlier this year in the ITA's (it started at that level and only dropped to the 700 or so level in the middle of the year).

All speculation of course, and we've no idea how many other economic applications they've received from non-EE apps, but basing it on last year's figures would give you the above.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go and find myself a life.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Nov 2nd 2016 at 6:32 pm.
Old Nov 2nd 2016, 6:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

bc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond repute

The draw today was 2,080 invites @ 472 points.

Think that's the highest number of invites.
Old Nov 2nd 2016, 7:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

That is some quality investigation Christmas!
I was actually thinking the invites dropped due to the downturn in the Canadian economy.

I think you're right BC, that is the highest number of invites.
Old Nov 3rd 2016, 12:21 am
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bc2015
The draw today was 2,080 invites @ 472 points.

Think that's the highest number of invites.

Wow - If I was in the pool now, I still would not get an ITA
Old Nov 3rd 2016, 12:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
Wow - If I was in the pool now, I still would not get an ITA
The points are scarily high!
Old Nov 3rd 2016, 1:06 am
"In cruce vincam"

rivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond repute

I've said this before. but if we weren't already here, we wouldn't qualify any more under the EE system. I "think" I'm grateful we moved here when we did - especially when you see what Asda and Aldi have done to the economy. Shocking!