Example Med Request letter.....

Old Feb 21st 2011, 7:23 pm
Done!

engineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to behold
Default Example Med Request letter.....

Does anyone have one or have a link to one that I can see? Just curious to see what it looks like/exactly what it says. I realise I am leaving no element of surprise whatsoever for when we get ours but the wait is killing me and this might keep me happy in the meantime
Old Feb 21st 2011, 7:33 pm
So near yet so far.......

Rubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant future
Default Re: Example Med Request letter.....

Sorry - haven't got an example form but I will try and let you know what to expect.

Ours wasn't a letter as such. In our med request envelope we received the following:

1. A standard 'Dear Applicant', mass produced, pre-printed document with a whole list of documents/other items ie rprf. The new documents or items they wanted from me were highlighted on this list for e.g new IM0008, RPRF.

2. The actual medical forms - one for each person with our photo on the top. This is just an A4 form with various fields some pre-populated, others blank, obviously for completion by the DMP.

3. A general leaflet about getting medicals done.

This is it - no mistaking what they are but quite disappointing after such anticipation! Hope that helps ease the wait.
Old Feb 21st 2011, 7:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

izzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond repute

it's amazing to think it's such a generic mass-produced document and yet it takes sooooooooooooooo long for them to put it in an envelope!
Old Feb 21st 2011, 7:51 pm
Done!

engineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by izzi81
it's amazing to think it's such a generic mass-produced document and yet it takes sooooooooooooooo long for them to put it in an envelope!

Rubie - thanks for the info was ther any reason why you had to submit new forms? I HATED filling them out the first time, the thought of having to fill out some again is giving me a headache
Old Feb 21st 2011, 7:51 pm

Rubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by izzi81
Don't forget the highlighting and gluing on of the photos they have to do .
Old Feb 21st 2011, 7:54 pm
Forum Regular

joepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond reputejoepublic has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: Example Med Request letter.....

Originally Posted by engineer80
Does anyone have one or have a link to one that I can see? Just curious to see what it looks like/exactly what it says. I realise I am leaving no element of surprise whatsoever for when we get ours but the wait is killing me and this might keep me happy in the meantime
Here you go
Attached Files
Old Feb 21st 2011, 7:57 pm

Rubie - thanks for the info was ther any reason why you had to submit new forms? I HATED filling them out the first time, the thought of having to fill out some again is giving me a headache
I thought I had missed something out or did something wrong so I sent them a case specific email to check. I didn't want to complete a whole new set and make the same mistakes. Anyway they did reply and said there were no mistakes and it was standard procedure to request new documents so that they had up to date information. I seem to remember someone else on here having had the same new forms requested so kind of makes sense.

It was quite easy to do as I had kept copies of my originals and you would be surprised at how much information has changed in just over a year. I was also surprised to note that my daughter had grown about 5 inches in that time
Old Feb 21st 2011, 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by joepublic
Here you go
That's the one. Same as mine.
Old Feb 21st 2011, 8:00 pm
Done!

Originally Posted by joepublic
Here you go
Thank you! Well, that's shattered the illusion of anything sent out by CIC being encrusted in gold.....was there at least any fairydust or choir music emerging from the envelope when you opened it?
Old Feb 21st 2011, 8:03 pm
Done!

Originally Posted by Rubie
I thought I had missed something out or did something wrong so I sent them a case specific email to check. I didn't want to complete a whole new set and make the same mistakes. Anyway they did reply and said there were no mistakes and it was standard procedure to request new documents so that they had up to date information. I seem to remember someone else on here having had the same new forms requested so kind of makes sense.

It was quite easy to do as I had kept copies of my originals and you would be surprised at how much information has changed in just over a year. I was also surprised to note that my daughter had grown about 5 inches in that time
Aah, ok. So that's the form which asks for all your vital statistics, eye colour, height etc? Do they just use photos from the batch you sent or do you need to get new ones done for the medicals?
Old Feb 21st 2011, 8:06 pm

Quite disappointing isn't it? I at least expected a signed letter, but no, just that simple checklist with a bit of orange highlighter, minus fairy dust and definitely no gold.
Old Feb 21st 2011, 8:09 pm

Aah, ok. So that's the form which asks for all your vital statistics, eye colour, height etc? Do they just use photos from the batch you sent or do you need to get new ones done for the medicals?
They had stuck photos from the batch I had sent to them onto the actual medical forms but I had to have more done to take to the medical as the DMP attaches another to your medical questionaire - I looked so different as I had my hair chopped off and dyed a completely different colour! Also probably aged 10 years in 12 months due to the stresses of waiting
Old Feb 21st 2011, 8:20 pm
Done!

Originally Posted by Rubie
They had stuck photos from the batch I had sent to them onto the actual medical forms but I had to have more done to take to the medical as the DMP attaches another to your medical questionaire - I looked so different as I had my hair chopped off and dyed a completely different colour! Also probably aged 10 years in 12 months due to the stresses of waiting
I've definitely aged loads with the stress! Were the photos standard passport ones or the white background etc ones? I may just go and get those done soon so we are good to go as soon as our request letter comes.

I google mapped the London visa office and was pretty disappointed by that too. It's just an office....I was expecting something like the Emerald City in The Wizard of Oz
Old Feb 21st 2011, 8:26 pm

I've definitely aged loads with the stress! Were the photos standard passport ones or the white background etc ones? I may just go and get those done soon so we are good to go as soon as our request letter comes.

I google mapped the London visa office and was pretty disappointed by that too. It's just an office....I was expecting something like the Emerald City in The Wizard of Oz
Photos were immigration standard photos ie head height between 25 and 30mm etc just in case.

I always wonder what the people look like in there - I have a vision of hundreds of people working at their desks disappearing under a mound of paperwork. I was disappointed to read somewhere that there are only about 50 visa officers in London - may be wrong but if that's right no wonder the wait is so long!!
Old Feb 21st 2011, 8:33 pm
Done!

A friend of mine (who also posts on here occasionally) thinks that we may all be even more surprised and it might just be 2 little old ladies sitting in a broom cupboard sifting through everyone's applications I bet it's like Willy Wonka's factory, no-one goes in or comes out. We should start a thread entitled, "What do you think the London Visa Office Looks Like?"!