ETA for holiday - panic 😳

Old Jun 27th 2017, 5:59 pm
Just Joined

KittyK is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ETA for holiday - panic 😳

Not heard back from ETA application for holiday not immigrating (10/06) ACRO submitted - No live trace on 15/06 8am. No decision as yet.

Any others advise on how long theirs took after submitting ACRO? Did they ask for anything else after ACRO?

Due to fly imminently, looking like will have to cancel flight 😖 Only alternative I can think of is fly into USA (have visa) and then get train to Canada as doesn't look like you need a ETA if you arrive by land or sea? Any clarification on whether this is legal - def do not want to risk getting turned away or it being looked on unfavourably in future.

Any other bright ideas? 😳
Old Jun 27th 2017, 6:14 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ETA for holiday - panic 😳

My Eta took a week, because I'd made a note on the application that I'd applied for residence previously and been refused.

Came back with no issues.

My daughter's took about 2hrs. Neither of us had needed anything from ACRO.
Old Jun 27th 2017, 7:10 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee
My Eta took a week, because I'd made a note on the application that I'd applied for residence previously and been refused.

Came back with no issues.

My daughter's took about 2hrs. Neither of us had needed anything from ACRO.

1, Except that the OP's PCC shows "no live trace" which means that s/he has gone through the court system and IRCC is going to want to see the results of those court cases before an ETA is issued. It could have been something as simple as a caution.
Old Jun 27th 2017, 7:41 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

1, Except that the OP's PCC shows "no live trace" which means that s/he has gone through the court system and IRCC is going to want to see the results of those court cases before an ETA is issued. It could have been something as simple as a caution.
Yes two court cases for several offences 20 years ago, I did submit an old ACRO alongside new one that shows offences (no drugs, violence, terror etc) one resulted in 6 mth probation other a conditional discharge. Would be useful to hear from others with similar situations re timescale after submitting ACRO and whether they then asked for anything else?

And also options available being as departure flight is so imminent
Old Jun 27th 2017, 7:55 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KittyK
Yes two court cases for several offences 20 years ago, I did submit an old ACRO alongside new one that shows offences (no drugs, violence, terror etc) one resulted in 6 mth probation other a conditional discharge. Would be useful to hear from others with similar situations re timescale after submitting ACRO and whether they then asked for anything else?

And also options available being as departure flight is so imminent
Just checking, as you've only mentioned ACRO, but did you submit the court records too as requested?
Old Jun 27th 2017, 8:01 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Just checking, as you've only mentioned ACRO, but did you submit the court records too as requested?
They cancelled the request for the court records after I queried it, hopefully they won't come back requesting those now or there will be no chance of keeping these flights 😫 I'm wondering whether they will ask for rehabilitation form to be completed I can't see any mention of requests for these in others that have posted similar and there seems little online about others experiences of timescales
Old Jun 27th 2017, 8:06 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

They cancelled the request for the court records after I queried it, hopefully they won't come back requesting those now or there will be no chance of keeping these flights � ���� I'm wondering whether they will ask for rehabilitation form to be completed I can't see any mention of requests for these in others that have posted similar and there seems little online about others experiences of timescales
Ah, gotcha. From what you've said in other posts, it doesn't sound to me as though you need rehab if your convictions were 15 years ago, but if course it will depend on what they were for.

As I've just mentioned on another thread, because the whole ETA system is so new there's not a lot out there in the way of timescales, but I've seen a couple mentioned and it seems to be about a month if approval is given. When is your flight?
Old Jun 27th 2017, 8:11 pm
Just Joined

Sunday! � ����� ����� ���� They've had ACRO for 9 working days. Wondering whether to change flight to either Chicago/Seattle/New York/Boston then get train over border as no ETA required then Or cancel desperately hoping it will come through tomorrow as need a good day to book up everything else as soon as it is approved
Old Jun 27th 2017, 8:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Engineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Sunday! � ����� ����� ���� They've had ACRO for 9 working days. Wondering whether to change flight to either Chicago/Seattle/New York/Boston then get train over border as no ETA required then Or cancel desperately hoping it will come through tomorrow as need a good day to book up everything else as soon as it is approved
You could do this as ETA is not required for a land entry however, depending on what your criminal history is you could still be denied entry at the border if deemed criminally inadmissible.

Where are you going in Canada by the way? There is a big difference between flying to Seattle and Boston and getting a train to where you want to go.
Old Jun 27th 2017, 8:33 pm
Just Joined

Churchill then a week making our way back through Toronto - need an internal flight from wherever we land anyway as no direct flights to Churchill -we're planning to fly into Toronto and out of Toronto
Old Jun 27th 2017, 8:42 pm
Just Joined

Criminal history; low level theft - shoplifting and handling stolen goods - got in with the wrong crowd in younger years and went astray for 18 months this was twenty years ago
Old Jun 27th 2017, 9:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Churchill then a week making our way back through Toronto - need an internal flight from wherever we land anyway as no direct flights to Churchill -we're planning to fly into Toronto and out of Toronto
Hope you weren't planning on taking the train to Churchill as its out of service.
Winnipeg has direct flights to Churchill. Without eTA you won't be flying into Canada from anywhere.
Old Jun 27th 2017, 9:13 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Hope you weren't planning on taking the train to Churchill as its out of service.
Winnipeg has direct flights to Churchill. Without eTA you won't be flying into Canada from anywhere.

Plan to take an internal flight to Winnipeg and then another internal flight to Churchill. Could I fly into say Chicago (as an example)and then take a train into Canada then head to an airport to take a flight to Winnipeg - being as I would already then be in Canada surely no ETA required but is some form of visa required instead?
Old Jun 27th 2017, 9:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Plan to take an internal flight to Winnipeg and then another internal flight to Churchill. Could I fly into say Chicago (as an example)and then take a train into Canada then head to an airport to take a flight to Winnipeg - being as I would already then be in Canada surely no ETA required but is some form of visa required instead?
Yes you could as no eTA required for travelling by train into Canada or catching domestic flights within Canada.
Old Jun 27th 2017, 9:51 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Have you considered flying into Detroit and taking the Greyhound coach which stops at Toronto Airport? You'd just need to get a bus/cab from DTW to downtown Detroit.

That's assuming you have/don't need an ESTA to enter the U.S. though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.