Employment References

Old Feb 21st 2012, 6:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

scribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Employment References

Hi,

I'm aware that the employment reference for the occupation my wife is applying under for FSW should contain as much information as possible (dates of employment, main duties etc...), but for other jobs unrelated to that occupation, is a basic reference okay?

Cheers
Old Feb 21st 2012, 9:00 pm
Forum Regular

Melsa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Employment References

[QUOTE=chrisparr;9913689]Hi,

I'm aware that the employment reference for the occupation my wife is applying under for FSW should contain as much information as possible (dates of employment, main duties etc...), but for other jobs unrelated to that occupation, is a basic reference okay?

Cheers[/QUOTE

I only got references relating to the job on the NOC list which covered 5 years of employment in that field, and that was sufficient. I didn't get references for other jobs unrelated to the NOC. CIC are only interested in references relating to the job on the NOC list. I hope this answers your question.
Old Feb 22nd 2012, 9:29 am
BE Enthusiast

scribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for that.

I was under the impression they needed evidence of a complete work history. Perhaps I was wrong. It can happen; I was wrong once in 1987

I'll double check just in case the rules have changed.
Old Feb 27th 2012, 5:07 am
Forum Regular

ste1070 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by chrisparr
Thanks for that.

I was under the impression they needed evidence of a complete work history. Perhaps I was wrong. It can happen; I was wrong once in 1987

I'll double check just in case the rules have changed.
Would you be able to PM me your findings regarding this please? I am compiling my application for FSW Cat 1 as an industrial electrician. I can get one reliable refrence (as have been contracting overpast ten years and struggling to contact some companies, some gone bust etc) but my current employer can give me all the info I need on a reference for the past 13 months for the NOC code I am applying under. If the other persons post is true, then hopefully this would suffice. I can show remainder 9 years employment history by means of payslips/inland revenue tax print off.
It does make sense though as I could have worked in McDonalds for 9 years and 1 year in the required NOC classification and this should still be acceptable so they should only be interested in the specific 'at least 1 year required' in the NOC classification. Thanks for help. Steve
Old Feb 27th 2012, 6:06 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by ste1070
Would you be able to PM me your findings regarding this please? I am compiling my application for FSW Cat 1 as an industrial electrician. I can get one reliable refrence (as have been contracting overpast ten years and struggling to contact some companies, some gone bust etc) but my current employer can give me all the info I need on a reference for the past 13 months for the NOC code I am applying under. If the other persons post is true, then hopefully this would suffice. I can show remainder 9 years employment history by means of payslips/inland revenue tax print off.
It does make sense though as I could have worked in McDonalds for 9 years and 1 year in the required NOC classification and this should still be acceptable so they should only be interested in the specific 'at least 1 year required' in the NOC classification. Thanks for help. Steve
"when all else fails, read the instructions"

From the checklist for skilled worker http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kit...s/IMM5612E.pdf Read #12.
Old Feb 27th 2012, 6:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ste1070
You do need full references. With regards to the companies that have folded; I've seen on here that people have stated that they have folded in their application and not heard anything negative.

I would also suggest - and this is just me thinking of what other evidence you could supply - doing a search on companies house for the company and include a copy of the record that shows the company as no longer trading.
Old Feb 27th 2012, 4:15 pm
Forum Regular

ste1070 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

"when all else fails, read the instructions"

From the checklist for skilled worker http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kit...s/IMM5612E.pdf Read #12.
Sound advice alas I happened to read this post and see somebody who claims they have only submitted 5 years worth of references (I am aware the 'instructions' ask for 10) for the relavent NOC code which is why I expressed an interest.

Last edited by ste1070; Feb 27th 2012 at 4:19 pm.