Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Employer restricted status after IEC expiry - help greatly appreciated

Employer restricted status after IEC expiry - help greatly appreciated

Old Nov 1st 2017, 3:13 am
Forum Regular

1ns0uc1ant is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Employer restricted status after IEC expiry - help greatly appreciated

Hi BE members,
My current IEC permit expires in Feb 2018 and I'd submitted my PR application back in March this year under the PNC.
I figured that I could just simply apply for the BOWP but just read that I can't under the employer restrictions I have due to my nomination. Further investigation took me to the online CIC guide 5553, which gives a thorough breakdown of everything I’d need, form IMM5710E, fee structure plus the document checklist.

My query is I’m not sure where I fall under when submitting my permit.
Do I apply to receive:
A work permit with the same employer
An initial work permit or a work permit with a new employer
Restoration of your status as a worker
An initial or an extension of a temporary resident permit

My current reasoning is my current IEC permit is classed as an open work permit. My PR application is tied to my employer until the final decision therefore I’d be classed as applying for an ‘initial work permit/work permit with a new employer’, since I had already started employment after I entered Canada via the IEC.

This also dictates Question 1 of the ‘details of intended work in Canada’ heading (pg 3 of the PDF) in form IMM5710 as I’m unsure which category I fall under.

I’ve enclosed the guide 5533 so you can look and decipher what I’d need to do.
Guide 5553 - Applying for a work permit inside Canada – extend, change conditions, initial and open work permits

Many thanks in assisting me
Old Nov 1st 2017, 3:18 am
Forum Regular

1ns0uc1ant is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Employer restricted status after IEC expiry - help greatly appreciated

Originally Posted by 1ns0uc1ant
Hi BE members,
My current IEC permit expires in Feb 2018 and I'd submitted my PR application back in March this year under the PNC.
I figured that I could just simply apply for the BOWP but just read that I can't under the employer restrictions I have due to my nomination. Further investigation took me to the online CIC guide 5553, which gives a thorough breakdown of everything I’d need, form IMM5710E, fee structure plus the document checklist.

My query is I’m not sure where I fall under when submitting my permit.
Do I apply to receive:
A work permit with the same employer
An initial work permit or a work permit with a new employer
Restoration of your status as a worker
An initial or an extension of a temporary resident permit

My current reasoning is my current IEC permit is classed as an open work permit. My PR application is tied to my employer until the final decision therefore I’d be classed as applying for an ‘initial work permit/work permit with a new employer’, since I had already started employment after I entered Canada via the IEC.

This also dictates Question 1 of the ‘details of intended work in Canada’ heading (pg 3 of the PDF) in form IMM5710 as I’m unsure which category I fall under.

I’ve enclosed the guide 5533 so you can look and decipher what I’d need to do.
Guide 5553 - Applying for a work permit inside Canada – extend, change conditions, initial and open work permits

Many thanks in assisting me
Sorry, I posted in the wrong forum, Mods, please delete or move to the Imm forum, Thanks a bunch
Old Nov 1st 2017, 4:41 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Employer restricted status after IEC expiry - help greatly appreciated

Originally Posted by 1ns0uc1ant
Sorry, I posted in the wrong forum, Mods, please delete or move to the Imm forum, Thanks a bunch

Sorted.