Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

job offer - what's the best option now?

job offer - what's the best option now?

Old Oct 4th 2017, 9:20 pm
Forum Regular

Loraine 1 has a reputation beyond reputeLoraine 1 has a reputation beyond reputeLoraine 1 has a reputation beyond reputeLoraine 1 has a reputation beyond reputeLoraine 1 has a reputation beyond reputeLoraine 1 has a reputation beyond reputeLoraine 1 has a reputation beyond reputeLoraine 1 has a reputation beyond reputeLoraine 1 has a reputation beyond reputeLoraine 1 has a reputation beyond reputeLoraine 1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default job offer - what's the best option now?

Hi guys,

After a fab couple of weeks in the Maritimes, I've come back and been offered a job which I've readily excepted. Company is great and I can't wait to land in ns and become a part of their team.

Thing is - I've got a call booked with them tomorrow to go over everything and see if we can figure out a start date. They are prepared to assist the immigration process and we have talked about AIPP. I'm reading up in the other avenues to take and wondered if any of you lovely people had any thoughts? Any stumbling blocks you came across I need to be aware of?

Cheers
Old Oct 5th 2017, 3:36 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: job offer - what's the best option now?

Originally Posted by Loraine 1
Hi guys,

After a fab couple of weeks in the Maritimes, I've come back and been offered a job which I've readily excepted. Company is great and I can't wait to land in ns and become a part of their team.

Thing is - I've got a call booked with them tomorrow to go over everything and see if we can figure out a start date. They are prepared to assist the immigration process and we have talked about AIPP. I'm reading up in the other avenues to take and wondered if any of you lovely people had any thoughts? Any stumbling blocks you came across I need to be aware of?

Cheers
Have they tried recruiting Canadians for the job and been unsuccessful? They will have to demonstrate that there are no possible Canadian applicants for the job. Depends if the job is LMIA exempt or they have pre approval to hire a foreigner.
Old Oct 6th 2017, 2:45 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: job offer - what's the best option now?

If they could get approval for the Atlantic Pilot Project, you may find it an easier route as I believe it's LMIA exempt (with a referral letter and job offer) and you would be able to get a TWP whilst your PR application is processed.

How to immigrate to Canada through the Atlantic Immigration Pilot
Atlantic Immigration Pilot | NSOI

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc.../pilot/atl.asp

Your other option would be Express Entry or else seeing if the company are willing to go through the rigmarole and expense of applying for an LMIA.

Last edited by Siouxie; Oct 6th 2017 at 2:49 am.