ECAS vs MyCIC - take a look...

Old Sep 10th 2016, 3:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default ECAS vs MyCIC - take a look...

I thought it might be interesting to post what ECAS looks like vs the additional information that is available when (if!) you open a MyCIC account and manage to link the application to it.

Firstly ECAS - not terribly informative!

Now, the information you get once you manage to link to MyCIC:

A lot more information as you can see. Pity it doesn't actually speed anything up though
Old Sep 10th 2016, 6:30 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ECAS vs MyCIC - take a look...

You're lucky ECAS works for you. For any Express Entry applicants after Nov/Dec time last year - ECAS was no longer available
Old Sep 10th 2016, 7:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting. I'm going to try and set up MyCIC and link my cousins' citizenship apps to it.

Edit: Brilliant. It doesn't work for citizenship.

Last edited by Gozit; Sep 10th 2016 at 7:45 pm.
Old Sep 10th 2016, 8:08 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Clicking on the links in ECAS generally gives you a more detailed view.

MyCIC looks so much more useful though!

Thanks for posting it!

Old Sep 10th 2016, 8:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Thank god I don't have to use any of those but as we have seen many times on here they are only a guide and in some cases not much use as you are relying on them being up to date which we know in a lot of cases are not.

I appreciate that persons want to know what is going on with their applications but don't become obsessed with both and its the same with spousal sponsorship spreadsheets. The spreadsheets are great BUT are only a guide. How many times has someone posted they submitted on X date via X office and got X notification on X date. They post that in the thread an lo and behold someone else did exactly the same or within a couple of days and have not had a change or notification and now they are freaking out.

If the average processing time quoted by CIC is for example within 6 months then you know someone will get processing within 3 months which then in turn makes all the others wonder why their application hasn't but they are well within the 6 months quoted by CIC.

Yes I know you are all anxious but you will drive yourself mad if relying on ECAC or My CIC to be 100% up to date or telling you where your application is at what stage.
How many have received their COPR forms but none of them say Decision Made?
They logged on in the morning saw application in process and were dissapointed and yet 2 hours later the mailman has arrived and they are now doing the Happy dance?

All I am saying is don't rely on these and be patient and once the average processing time has passed then start making enquiries.