Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Ecas - no longer showing as 'In Process'

Ecas - no longer showing as 'In Process'

Old Dec 29th 2010, 6:54 pm
Just Joined

LadySummer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Ecas - no longer showing as 'In Process'

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
I often think of Ecas as a sort of sophisticated torture because it can be so uninformative; teasing applicants with noncommittal partial information and often quite out of date. The original post in this thread describes an unusual situation. The applicant has not done the medicals apparently so refusal may well be what is coming unfortunately. The alternative is an error of some sort. Why provide partial info at all I wonder.

Hi Jim, I hope you're wrong as I have just checked mine and it's the same - nothing where the status was?

Do you have any more information that may shed some light on the situation?
Regards
Donna
Old Dec 29th 2010, 6:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Waggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
I often think of Ecas as a sort of sophisticated torture because it can be so uninformative; teasing applicants with noncommittal partial information and often quite out of date. The original post in this thread describes an unusual situation. The applicant has not done the medicals apparently so refusal may well be what is coming unfortunately. The alternative is an error of some sort. Why provide partial info at all I wonder.
Exactly Jim. The entire process seems to be a manual update, done sporadically and often inaccurately.

It would really not take a great deal of cost or implementation to have a system where a file number is issued the moment an application is received, emailed to the client and then the moment their details are added onto the system they can check it.

I can understand for performance reasons (and also security) why they cannot allow the 400,000+ applicants access to any of their live system data - but why a system cannot be set up to replicate the information on a nightly basis (or even weekly basis) to another database which is open to the web, I have no idea.

Surely the benefits of thousands of applicants not phoning them every day enquiring about their application would greatly outweight any short term hassle and cost in implementing a better system?

Wayne.
Old Dec 29th 2010, 7:09 pm
So near yet so far.......

Rubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by LadySummer
Hi Jim, I hope you're wrong as I have just checked mine and it's the same - nothing where the status was?

Regards
Donna
Hi, just looked at your previous posts and yours was received after ours at the London Office but ours is still showing as 'in process'. Something weird going on here me thinks
Old Dec 29th 2010, 7:12 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LadySummer

Regards
Donna
Until you see an entry of "Decision Made" with no medicals there is hope.
Old Dec 29th 2010, 9:37 pm
Forum Regular

The Logans will become famous soon enoughThe Logans will become famous soon enough

I m glad someone else has had the same problem, Lady Summer has the same timeline, our arrived in London on 06/07/10 and had been in Process since 29/07/10. I had an e mail from CIC in mid December just saying that it was awaiting review still. I m pretty worried by Jim's thoughts. We have been told by Manitoba whom sponsored us as Young Farmer Nominees that we had a pretty staright forward case an dthat unless something came up in a medical there should be no issues.
Has anyone else come accross this?????
Old Dec 29th 2010, 11:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light

if you are nominated by Manitoba, you should be ok...as you got told. Only problems could be medical or police checks...everything else should be ok..as checked and ok'd by Manitoba. Keeping fingers crossed Of course the last decision has still CIC..but haven't heard about any cases yet.

Where in MB u plan on going?
Old Dec 30th 2010, 7:28 am
Forum Regular

The Logans will become famous soon enoughThe Logans will become famous soon enough

Hi
Thanks for your words. You have confirmed what Manitoba told us and our Police checks are totally clear - although the picture on them would make you wonder. WE are stillwaiting for med request (not so patiently anymore), but are realy hoping for early January as my husband has to come out to oversee calving.
We are moving to the Virden area, just abot 10 miles north (I think, still get confused with that bit) of highway 1.
Old Dec 30th 2010, 8:48 pm
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

I appreciate that those previously successfully tracking on Ecas and now no longer being able to do so is a weird one, but....

For those never having been able to track at any time....

When I first started checking, although I had received an AOR for the full package, the system couldn't find me, but it turned out that in my innocence I was selecting the place of birth as United Kingdom and Colonies.

It took me a while to note that there was a separate 'England' option. Once I selected 'England' it gave me my status as 'Received by Visa Office ....'.

Last edited by james.mc; Dec 30th 2010 at 8:54 pm.
Old Dec 30th 2010, 9:05 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by james.mc
I appreciate that those previously successfully tracking on Ecas and now no longer being able to do so is a weird one, but....

For those never having been able to track at any time....

When I first started checking, although I had received an AOR for the full package, the system couldn't find me, but it turned out that in my innocence I was selecting the place of birth as United Kingdom and Colonies.

It took me a while to note that there was a separate 'England' option. Once I selected 'England' it gave me my status as 'Received by Visa Office ....'.
Yeah people who were born in Scotland or NI find this very irritating , although not as irritating as when they discover thats what it says on the forms for their meds
Old Dec 31st 2010, 2:36 am
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light

Hey the Logans.. then we are almost neighbors .. we are about 80 miles to the North of Virden (our calves get sold at the auctionmart there..otherwise I wouldn't know). Do you have to take over the farm until calving season or is it just that his help is needed during that time?
Xmas time is a slow time..for CIC also...keeping fingers crossed for you to hear something in January. Last resource could be your MP...which dang ..isn't the same than ours ...
Or what you can do as well is to go back to MB business stream officer (Carl?) and doublecheck with him on the timeline for PR or what could be the hold up. (they can't help with CIC issues, but usually have a pretty good idea about timelines) You probably have a deadline until when you have to take the farm over?

cheers
ilse
Old Dec 31st 2010, 7:04 am
Forum Regular

Hey
We know Rossburn - we loooked a farm there. Yes Carl is our man in the know - even he is stumped with what is happening in London but he is helping Davie get a TWP so that he is out for calving - I get to stay in Scotland not so patiently waiting for the papers - we are really hoping the med request comes before he leaves on the 20th January.
Where in the UK did you come from ?
I now have 100 question knowing you too are farming so I ll PM you.
Old Dec 31st 2010, 7:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

lol bet I know even which farm you looked up...wait ..there are actually 2 I can think of . Sure PM me, whatever I know I will tell .

I am actually not from the UK -hope I don't get thrown out here now - ...but am from Germany originally. I am helping with immigration/settlement in the Rossburn area and stumbled over this great site of info exchange a while back. I can present you as well to a few ppl from UK in our area (they are everywhere ), once you settled.

cheers
Ilse
Old Jan 20th 2011, 12:51 pm
Done!

engineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to behold

Sorry to ressurect such an old thread but this has just happened to us on ecas. It went from showing "In Process" to showing our mailing address and no status at all. The Logans - I seem to recall you getting med requests recently is that correct? Should I panic that something is wrong just yet?
Old Jan 20th 2011, 2:38 pm
Forum Regular

Hi
Yes ours did the same around Christmas and on the 11th January we received our med requests - the letter was actually dated the 4th and posted on the 6th! Lady summer also had this but she hasnt received anything yet.
Our meds were done last Friday - we are at last on the last leg of the journey!
Good luck
Old Jan 20th 2011, 4:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

izzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond repute

I got all hopeful there for a minute.... but on ecas we are still 'In Process'! Oh well.... back to waiting for something to happen!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.