E-LMO questions....

Old Apr 6th 2008, 9:49 am
Just Joined

aymeric is an unknown quantity at this point
Default E-LMO questions....

Due to bad advice my partner's LMO was refused, our plane ticket is booked and we will be homeless here as of that date....So, our plan is to try again but for an E-LMO. By altering job title from pressman to press labourer this falls into catagory of jobs under pressure.
I just have a few niggling doubts about the process:

-If I've understood correctly the timelines on this are 5days for employer elligibility and 3-5days for workers LMO....is this still the case?? or are there delays..
-Would records from original LMO demand be kept or taken into account when E-LMO is considered?
-With regards to employer/employee contract and fact that employer is supposed to pay transport and help to find lodgings....who binds the employer to this, the worker or service Canada? If for example the worker is already in Canada or the airline ticket has already been purchased by worker? Are there checks on these kinds of things?

Anyway I don't know if anyone has any answers the info is not easy to find this being such a new processbut if anyone has any ideas!...
Old Apr 6th 2008, 4:56 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: E-LMO questions....

Hi

Originally Posted by aymeric
Due to bad advice my partner's LMO was refused, our plane ticket is booked and we will be homeless here as of that date....So, our plan is to try again but for an E-LMO. By altering job title from pressman to press labourer this falls into catagory of jobs under pressure.
I just have a few niggling doubts about the process:

-If I've understood correctly the timelines on this are 5days for employer elligibility and 3-5days for workers LMO....is this still the case?? or are there delays..
-Would records from original LMO demand be kept or taken into account when E-LMO is considered?
-With regards to employer/employee contract and fact that employer is supposed to pay transport and help to find lodgings....who binds the employer to this, the worker or service Canada? If for example the worker is already in Canada or the airline ticket has already been purchased by worker? Are there checks on these kinds of things?

Anyway I don't know if anyone has any answers the info is not easy to find this being such a new processbut if anyone has any ideas!...
1. There maybe delays in the LMO
2. Of course Service Canada is going to refer to the previous LMO request and will probably take a long hard look at the second one, same employer, same employee, new job title.
3. Transport and Accommodation, that is between you and your employer, has nothing to do with Service Canada. Most employers don't pay transport and accommodation.
Old Apr 6th 2008, 5:32 pm
Just Joined

aymeric is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: E-LMO questions....

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

1. There maybe delays in the LMO
2. Of course Service Canada is going to refer to the previous LMO request and will probably take a long hard look at the second one, same employer, same employee, new job title.
3. Transport and Accommodation, that is between you and your employer, has nothing to do with Service Canada. Most employers don't pay transport and accommodation.
Thanks! I was starting to despair of anyone being able to answer my questions... Just to be clear - you think that there may be delays in the LMO but not for the employer eligibility/ pre-approval?
I'm hoping that the change of job title will not be a problem as this is probably a more accurate job description given that he has no experience on the particular type of press and will need to be trained.
Again, Thanks!