Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Dual Nationality and activating a 2nd IEC on a different passport

Dual Nationality and activating a 2nd IEC on a different passport

Old Jul 16th 2015, 10:31 pm
Forum Regular

Kraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to all
Default Re: Dual Nationality and activating a 2nd IEC on a different passport

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Are you actually sure your passports have a visa in them? If you are talking about the LOI POE letter then it doesn't matter as long as the passport is valid. If talking about a work permit from the 1st IEC then again it won't matter as long as the passports are valid. UK & Irish citizens don't get visas in their passports.
I am on a current IEC on one passport and I have a POE letter for my second passport.

I guess my main concern is if I leave Canada on my second passport with POE and flagpole to activate it, will it look as if I have never left Canada on my first passport when my visa expires on that one?
Old Jul 16th 2015, 11:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kraven
I am on a current IEC on one passport and I have a POE letter for my second passport.

I guess my main concern is if I leave Canada on my second passport with POE and flagpole to activate it, will it look as if I have never left Canada on my first passport when my visa expires on that one?
You are way overthinking this. Take both passports and your POE. If you are entering Canada then its pretty obvious that you have left Canada.
Old Jul 16th 2015, 11:15 pm
Forum Regular

Kraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to allKraven is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
You are way overthinking this. Take both passports and your POE. If you are entering Canada then its pretty obvious that you have left Canada.

You are probably right I just want to make sure I do everything correct.

Thanks