Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Does a Withdrawal Lead to Red Flags

Does a Withdrawal Lead to Red Flags

Old Nov 28th 2017, 3:17 pm
Forum Regular

Obitim has a reputation beyond reputeObitim has a reputation beyond reputeObitim has a reputation beyond reputeObitim has a reputation beyond reputeObitim has a reputation beyond reputeObitim has a reputation beyond reputeObitim has a reputation beyond reputeObitim has a reputation beyond reputeObitim has a reputation beyond reputeObitim has a reputation beyond reputeObitim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Does a Withdrawal Lead to Red Flags

Hi all,

We're still on track for flying out on Christmas day but I'm still waiting on my SOWP to be processed which ahs taken since July.

One question, which I have asked before is about withdrawing the application and then asking at landing for the SOWP from an immigration official but I have a couple of questions:

How long does it take for the withdrawal to be processed and show that it is withdrawn?

Will that cause a 'red flag' to be raised against me in future applications?

Is there a potential for me to have issues when landing and having to answer why I withdrew my online application? As the answer will be along the lines of 'The processing time was taking too long (6 months by that point) so I hope to speed up the process by asking on landing'

Apologies, but I am getting slightly stressed about the whole ordeal, seeing as the reason we applied online and so early was to avoid this!
Old Nov 28th 2017, 4:41 pm
Forum Regular

Obitim has a reputation beyond reputeObitim has a reputation beyond reputeObitim has a reputation beyond reputeObitim has a reputation beyond reputeObitim has a reputation beyond reputeObitim has a reputation beyond reputeObitim has a reputation beyond reputeObitim has a reputation beyond reputeObitim has a reputation beyond reputeObitim has a reputation beyond reputeObitim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Does a Withdrawal Lead to Red Flags

Actually don't worry...

Just got the approval through...

Panic over, nothing to see here
Old Nov 29th 2017, 11:49 am
Just Joined

H1pp0S is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Obitim
Actually don't worry...

Just got the approval through...

Panic over, nothing to see here
Congratulations!
Old Nov 29th 2017, 12:28 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by H1pp0S
Congratulations!
Cheers!