Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

DECISION MADE BEFORE MED'S, GOT THE WORST NEWS OF MY LIFE!!!

DECISION MADE BEFORE MED'S, GOT THE WORST NEWS OF MY LIFE!!!

Old May 9th 2012, 5:16 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DECISION MADE BEFORE MED'S, GOT THE WORST NEWS OF MY LIFE!!!

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
I've got it, will email you with it.

Thank you! I kind of hoped you had it lol
Old May 9th 2012, 7:21 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

They have the 2006 NOC descriptions available on the HRDC website, you can choose which one you have your application appraised by although pre 2011 are supposed to be automatically appraised using the 2006 unless requested otherwise.

http://www30.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English...6/Welcome.aspx

0213 Computer and Information Systems Managers http://www30.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English...1=0213&val65=*
Old May 9th 2012, 7:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Geordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by basil_spinone
If there are differences, it may be worth posting them up for all to see.

I'm really not convinced that my application was even reviewed and if it was, I dont think it was done by anyone sufficiently qualified to understand the technology industry and job descriptions associated etc.

Short of copying word for word from the HSRDC website, my evidence submitted was spot on for the category in which I applied.

I'm not the first to be refused on the grounds of not matching the NOC (nor will I be the last) - I suspect there may be many more refusals before the end of June. And not matching the NOC is an easy way for CIC to cut the numbers as there's not really any right of appeal other than going back to CIC within 30 days and asking for the programme director (or whoever) to review (expecting that to be a "computer says NO!" also). The final option would be judicial review which may be costly in the long run.

Roll on June/July and the new list (if there is one) or PNP or a job offer.

The dream is still there, a bit shattered, a bit broken, but certainly not given up........

Fingers crossed to all who are waiting
Sorry to hear your bad news...

What is it you do in IT exactly? my husband is in IT and he got a TWP - I think there is a pretty big shortage of skilled IT people in Calgary. It's also the quickest way across. Everyone says it's almost impossible to get a job from the UK. It's not impossible... we did it (well he did)... easy? no. Possible - yes...

He did come over and have interviews in person tho - (we were going on holiday and he set a couple up).

If you want any more info re what he does etc PM me.
Old May 9th 2012, 8:17 pm
Forum Regular

Crushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by garethnock
Hey mate,
Sorry to heap more on you, but recieved the letter today and it is a rejection!!
I am mega confused because it stats that we got rejected based on the fact our NOC is not in the approvred list..... But under cat3 - it is not based on your NOC code???? soooooooo confused!

Hope ours is a more positive outcome, fingers crossed for you.

G
Hi Gareth,

So very sorry to hear the bad news and not looking forward to our dreaded letter either.....

Basil, another person who has had refusal based on his NOC criteria is totally shocked how on earth they could of refused his application because it matches with their NOC description almost.??

We have used an Immigration agent for all our application, he is totally happy that our application was satisfactory but if we still get refused then what more could anyone do............

Positivity running very low....................
Old May 10th 2012, 3:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Waggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Bal uk
Thankyou for your re-assurance, I have heard of some people being rejected lately and have jumped to that conclusion etc as we have not done Med's...

Thanks for you kind words Victorfoxtrot...
Ok if this is FSW and the ECAS status is correct, then regrettably this is a rejection.

However, there have been cases of ECAS being incorrectly updated. Only a few weeks ago on canadavisa.com someone got their visa who formally had an incorrect decision made on their ECAS.

So although the outlook doesn't look good, I wouldn't give up all hope until you receive an official communication from the visa office.

If it is a rejection, a new set of rules are expected at the end of next month in preparation for July 2012 so perhaps there will be another opportunity to apply, hopefully with a much increased processing time.

Best of luck,
Wayne.
Old May 10th 2012, 7:58 am
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Waggle
....hopefully with a much increased processing time.....
Spot the typo?

I'd prefer a much decreased processing time. Had enough of the much increased processing times for a lifetime!

For me FSW will no longer be an option as age is now against me on points. Next route to look at (assuming the letter of doom arrives as anticipated) will be BC PNP. Based on business background and net worth with pretty much set processing times, it will be the most logical approach for us.
Old May 10th 2012, 9:47 am
BE Enthusiast

scribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of light

I know this doesn't help people who have been turned down because of duties not matching the NOC code, but we have been very careful working with my wife's ex boss to get the wording on her reference as close to the NOC description of duties as possible.

Our main thinking is that the person reviewing the application isn't going to be qualified in the field my wife is, so will just compare against the list and won't know different ways of expressing the same thing. Also the Canadian language divide may make it even more difficult (assuming it's a Canadian reviewing things).

I just hope we have enough to satisfy them.
Old May 10th 2012, 9:26 pm
Just Joined

basil_spinone is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Geordie Lass
Sorry to hear your bad news...

What is it you do in IT exactly? my husband is in IT and he got a TWP - I think there is a pretty big shortage of skilled IT people in Calgary. It's also the quickest way across. Everyone says it's almost impossible to get a job from the UK. It's not impossible... we did it (well he did)... easy? no. Possible - yes...

He did come over and have interviews in person tho - (we were going on holiday and he set a couple up).

If you want any more info re what he does etc PM me.
PM Sent
Old May 11th 2012, 8:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

kat-b has a spectacular aura aboutkat-b has a spectacular aura aboutkat-b has a spectacular aura about

This is all so confusing. My EAS now reads this:

We received your application for permanent residence on April 26, 2010.

We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on July 30, 2010. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Your application and supporting documents were received by the London England office. They are pending review.

We transferred your application to the London England office on August 4, 2010. The London England office may contact you.

Your application was reviewed and we started processing on May 2, 2012.

I am confused about the 'decision made' thing as my ECAS has read 'Decision made' for a long time (way before I got the update re May 2 2012).

The decision made part on mine seems to relate to the initial decision to forward it to the London Office

We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on July 30, 2010. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

I just received the 6-12 month wait letter - Dated 2 May 2012 "we anticipate being able to advise you of the next processing steps in 6-12 months time .....please note your application is still subject to admissibility checks and verifications that are deemed necessary ...do not take any irrevocable action etc etc".

I am sure if they were weeding out I would go. I applied under 0631 - not my main job just a part time job while I was studying. Then again why tell me to wait 6-12 months?? Maybe they just haven't even had a chance to look at it yet.

I wish we knew what was happening ........everyones ECAS seems so different and I don't get what that 6-12 month letter means!

Last edited by kat-b; May 11th 2012 at 8:15 pm.
Old May 11th 2012, 8:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

kat-b has a spectacular aura aboutkat-b has a spectacular aura aboutkat-b has a spectacular aura about

For people who received the "decision made" update on ECAS did you also receive the update stating ' your application was reviewed and we started processing on......" ??
Old May 11th 2012, 10:39 pm
Rockies bound hopefully

gandalff is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kat-b
For people who received the "decision made" update on ECAS did you also receive the update stating ' your application was reviewed and we started processing on......" ??
Hi Katb,
it varies some people just got "Decision Made" with no mention of processing having started whilst others got " we started processing" followed by "Decision made". You seem to have Decision made from a long time ago. As you say e cas is a bit of a software mess, which is why they want to migrate to something better.
If CIC want any help with this I am willing to help provided they stamp my passport, wink wink
Old May 11th 2012, 11:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gandalff
Hi Katb,
it varies some people just got "Decision Made" with no mention of processing having started whilst others got " we started processing" followed by "Decision made". You seem to have Decision made from a long time ago. As you say e cas is a bit of a software mess, which is why they want to migrate to something better.
If CIC want any help with this I am willing to help provided they stamp my passport, wink wink
Yeah don't think my 'decision made' is relevant to any of this recent stuff. It has been there since I have has access to ECAS. It is the 'in process' section which has been updated recently.

Just to clarify my front page looks like this:

KAT B

Your current mailing address
xxxxxx
xxxxxxx

If you want to see the details of an application, click on the underlined status.

Permanent Residence Application(s)

Applicant Permanent Residence Application Status
KAT B In Process
KAT B Decision Made

When I click on the underlined part the "decision made" link looks like this:

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

That section hasn't been updated at all since I have had access to ECAS.

The In Process Link looks like this:

Your application and supporting documents were received by the London England office. They are pending review.

We transferred your application to the London England office on August 4, 2010. The London England office may contact you.

MOST RECENT UPDATE

It is the in process section that was recently updated prior to receiving the 6-12 month wait letter - BOTH DATED 2 MAY 2012

Apologies about the repetition but just thought it might be easier to understand and compare if I was precise.

Last edited by kat-b; May 11th 2012 at 11:41 pm.
Old May 11th 2012, 11:38 pm
Rockies bound hopefully

gandalff is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kat-b
Yeah don't think my 'decision made' is relevant to any of this recent stuff. It has been there since I have has access to ECAS. It is the 'in process' section which has been updated recently.

Just to clarify my front page looks like this:

NAME

Your current mailing address
xxxxxx
xxxxxxx

If you want to see the details of an application, click on the underlined status.

Permanent Residence Application(s)

Applicant Permanent Residence Application Status
KAT B In Process
KAT B Decision Made

When I click on the underlined part the "decision made" link looks like this:

That section hasn't been updated at all since I have had access to ECAS.

The In Process Link looks like this:

MOST RECENT UPDATE

It is the in process section that was recently updated prior to receiving the 6-12 month wait letter - BOTH DATED 2 MAY 2012

Apologies about the repetition but just thought it might be easier to understand and compare if I was precise.
Hi Kat,
it looks like CIC have made two lots of e-cas data for you and abandoned the first. I don't think most people have 2 boxes on the first page. The most recent part suggest you are in process which is good news, if you get "Decision Made" in your most recent section before a medical request then that is normally bad news, you haven't got that.
I can only think CIC messed up the first e-cas and started a second one. Maybe some expert on here will be able to advise or have a better explanation.

All the best
Hugh

Last edited by Sue; May 11th 2012 at 11:50 pm. Reason: Full Name removed at request of original poster
Old May 11th 2012, 11:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gandalff
Hi Kat,
it looks like CIC have made two lots of e-cas data for you and abandoned the first. I don't think most people have 2 boxes on the first page. The most recent part suggest you are in process which is good news, if you get "Decision Made" in your most recent section before a medical request then that is normally bad news, you haven't got that.
I can only think CIC messed up the first e-cas and started a second one. Maybe some expert on here will be able to advise or have a better explanation.

All the best
Hugh
Thanks very much for that :-)
Old May 15th 2012, 8:19 am
Forum Regular

garethnock is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bal uk
Hi Gareth,

So very sorry to hear the bad news and not looking forward to our dreaded letter either.....

Basil, another person who has had refusal based on his NOC criteria is totally shocked how on earth they could of refused his application because it matches with their NOC description almost.??

We have used an Immigration agent for all our application, he is totally happy that our application was satisfactory but if we still get refused then what more could anyone do............

Positivity running very low....................
We had our application checked by a lawyer before sending in and believe the review of our case has been incorrected as the is no mention of refusal based on our CAT 3. We are preparing an claim to have our case reviewed again as i think it has been mixed up with all the CAT 2/1 which have been rejected!!
Making it even longer wait, if any!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.