Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Medical Question - Study permit App

Medical Question - Study permit App

Old Aug 4th 2012, 4:28 pm
Forum Regular

Rick b is just really niceRick b is just really niceRick b is just really niceRick b is just really niceRick b is just really niceRick b is just really niceRick b is just really niceRick b is just really niceRick b is just really niceRick b is just really niceRick b is just really nice
Default Medical Question - Study permit App

Hi there, so I applied for a Study permit beginning of June, got it returned because my immigration lawyer and I can't read simple payment requests!! Sent if off after making correct payment requests on the 29th June and yesterday received a Medical request. Was expecting this as a possibility as have lived in Zimbabwe recently and managed to find a Dr in Manchester who saw me yesterday afternoon so as not to waste time. He however wasn't too helpful on the question of what kind of things would we be rejected on.

Is the medical the same as for PR and Citizenship considering I am applying for a temporary Visa? Only concern we have is mild epilepsy (still able to drive on UK licence and never had any work issues with it) on my fiancee's side.
Also wondering if anyone knows how long the High Commission take to decide after receipt of meds (hence us paying a rush fee yesterday to try and not waste any time) as I am supposed to be in Calgary by Sept 1st!!

Thanks for any advice!