Customs Declaration card E311

Old Jan 28th 2008, 9:42 am
Just Joined

lisalou is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Customs Declaration card E311

I am a bit confused about the customs declaration card that we will complete on board our flight. We will be arriving in canada on a temporary work permit.

Am I a visitors or resident?
What do I put for my home address? We will be staying in a hotel to start with.
Is the purpose of my visit business or personal?

If I complete the visitor section, what should I put as the duration of my stay?
If I complete the resident section it asks when I left Canada.

Thoroughly confused

Thanks
Old Jan 28th 2008, 1:18 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Customs Declaration card E311

this worked for us . Fill in the bits that make sense , I.E. Name , address (hotel if that is where you will be staying) , I think we ticked personal.

Then hand your card in the nice person behind desk and say , "I'm very sorry , I'm landing as (insert status here) and I didn't know what to put for ............"

The nice person behind the desk will then help you with any bits you missed and then attack your card with about seven different coloured highlighter pens!!!

Our officer then asked us about our goods to follow (just to check that we had got lists prepared etc.) and then gave us a quick lesson on how to fill it in next time "because you will be residents then !!"

Seriously , do what you can , they will help you with the rest.

Don't panic , you'll be fine
Old Jan 28th 2008, 5:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute

Landing as a PR, I filled it in as a visitor, since I wasn't a resident at that time. I'd guess it would be the same for a work permit.

But, as pointed out, the immigration official you talk to on arrival probably won't send you back home if you tell them you're not sure how to fill out the form .
Old Jan 29th 2008, 9:44 am
Just Joined

lisalou is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you both. Think I was having a panicky day yesterday

I am so paranoid that something will go wrong.

Thanks for the reassurance
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 11:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Canada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud of

can the e311 form be printed off and filled out before we go,
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 12:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

chumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond repute

has anybody got the link to the e311 please
husband on his way back to me and I need to let him know what he needs to put
huge thanks
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 12:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Canada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud ofCanada Dreams has much to be proud of

http://cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/...menut-eng.html

just found it myself the E311 form is listed