CPC Mississauga

Old Sep 24th 2007, 7:02 pm
Forum Regular

Jeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant future
Default Re: CPC Mississauga

Originally Posted by ChelseaUK
Yaletown is lovely - lots of cool restaurants and shops.

Yeah, we're looking to live downtown for at least a year. Scott really likes the idea of being downtown and having everything near us...so that's cool - although the cost of living down there isnt...ha ha.
Yeah Siobhan was paying through the roof to live down there...alot more than we what we pay, and we're in a brand new condo on the harbourfront...

We've toyed with the idea of heading over to BC once our lease is up here in April...gonna use the trip in Nov as a recce, but i'm sure we'll opt to stay here.

I might have to hit that shop in Niagara!!

So, are you guys both at work at the mo?
Old Sep 24th 2007, 7:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Giggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant future

i love the sweet shops that sell british candy...although its so so expensive.

giggles2080: winter olympics? oooer that would be cool. price of tickets are going to be insane i imagine... :S my mom wants to go and check out the figure skating...ha ha
You're telling me, it's going to break the bank!! lol I have to admit, it's not my thing, but Robert wants to see Team Canada - Hockey team...I would rather see the Summer Olympics...lol I'm just going along with it because I wanna see Vancouver! lol
Old Sep 24th 2007, 7:07 pm
Forum Regular

ChelseaUK is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah, i hear ya. a place we spotted (well scott did...) was for $1600/month. really nice but wowzer!

im at home, relaxing and chatting with you and scott atm.

what about you?
Old Sep 24th 2007, 7:09 pm
Forum Regular

Jeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant future

yeah, i hear ya. a place we spotted (well scott did...) was for $1600/month. really nice but wowzer!

im at home, relaxing and chatting with you and scott atm.

what about you?
But Van and BC is general has higher wages than ON doesn't it?! But yeah, that it is alot!!

I'm at home, watching the Jays/Yanks - beautiful weather here...should really get out but cannot be arsed!!

Oooh the Winter Olympics...would defo love to see that!!The buzz around Van will be amazing leading up to it!
Old Sep 24th 2007, 7:09 pm
Forum Regular

they're sure gearing up this city for the olympics. the skytrain is expanding and the roads are a complete mess at the moment, especially the one going down Cambie. it will be really nice when its all finished, which i think is slated for 2009 - skytrain heading to the airport too which will come in handy!!!
Old Sep 24th 2007, 7:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Giggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant future

I'm at work (naughty me!) I'm lucky though, I actually work for Robert - He's a Division Director at Investors Group and I'm his Assistant! lol I have a LOT of flexibility... I have a GREAT boss!
Old Sep 24th 2007, 7:15 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Giggles2080
I'm at work (naughty me!) I'm lucky though, I actually work for Robert - He's a Division Director at Investors Group and I'm his Assistant! lol I have a LOT of flexibility... I have a GREAT boss!
Haha...isn't that just dandy!Lucky you!!

So what kind of visa are you currently on?!I just wish I was able to work...it's driving me insane!!

Chels, when we were in Van last year, they were tearing up the street next to the Cambie pub in Gastown - had a right laugh there and it's proper cheap - and we saw them extending the skytrain service!!

Looking forward to seeing it all in Nov! Hope it won't be raining too much though!
Old Sep 24th 2007, 7:22 pm
Forum Regular

oh i go into vancouver all the time, its only a quick skytrain ride away...20mins and im downtown. easy peasy! yeah, streets are looking insane at the moment but will be sooo nice when its all done.

giggles2080: sounds like you have the perfect job...hehe!
Old Sep 24th 2007, 7:23 pm
Forum Regular

oops, darn my eyes! i think i need glasses...ha.

i thought you asked when i was in vancouver last....d'oh.

Old Sep 24th 2007, 7:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

I do! I really do have the perfect job! lol Believe it or not, I studied Early Childhood Education at College and look at me now...doing something completely different and I love it!! Not too fond of sitting on my bum all day - my slowly growing belly and butt have to agree!! But I do enjoy the work!!

OK, guys, I have to go now...but will be back again tomorrow!!

Have a great day!
Old Sep 24th 2007, 7:34 pm
Forum Regular

I do! I really do have the perfect job! lol Believe it or not, I studied Early Childhood Education at College and look at me now...doing something completely different and I love it!! Not too fond of sitting on my bum all day - my slowly growing belly and butt have to agree!! But I do enjoy the work!!

OK, guys, I have to go now...but will be back again tomorrow!!

Have a great day!
Yeah I should really go and do some chores and make dinner!!

Have a good one guys, i'm hoping my AOR will be in the post box today - Caroline has the key!!

All the best!!
Old Sep 24th 2007, 7:37 pm
Forum Regular

have a good one, kate and jeff...

speak soon
Old Sep 25th 2007, 1:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

After our chat yesterday and all the talk about Pasties...I had such a craving for them, that I found a recipe and made some for dinner! lol They were not as good as the ones we know and love but they were alright! lol I was so in the mood for a Cheese and Onion pasty but couldn't find a recipe, so I made these instead!!

Oh! You'll notice there is no meat in these Cornish Pasties...the only meat I'll is is chicken! lol

Here's the recipe:

Vegetable Cornish Pasties
INGREDIENTS
1 recipe whole wheat pastry for a double crust
1/4 cup butter
1 onion, thinly sliced
1 carrot, sliced thin
1 turnip, peeled and diced
1 large potato, peeled and diced
1/4 pound mushrooms, chopped
2 tablespoons water
1 teaspoon yeast extract spread
1/4 cup milk
1 egg
1/4 pound shredded Cheddar cheese
salt and pepper to taste
1 egg, beaten

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
Divide pastry dough into four equal portions and roll each one out in a square shape. Set pastry aside to rest.
Place a large skillet over medium heat. Add butter or margarine and allow to melt. Add onion and saute for 5 minutes, until translucent and beginning to brown. Add carrot, turnip, potato, mushrooms, and water. Lower heat and cover skillet. Allow mixture to cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
In a small bowl, dissolve yeast extract in milk. Whisk in 1 egg. Stir this mixture into cooked vegetables. Continue to stir until mixture thickens. Add cheese, and salt and pepper to taste. Set aside to cool.
Place 1/4 of filling on one half of each pastry square. Fold pastry diagonally and seal edges. Brush tops of pastry with beaten egg.
Place pasties on a baking sheet and bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, until pastry is golden brown.
Old Sep 25th 2007, 2:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

I just almost had a HEARTATTACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Look, look, look....

Permanent Residence Application Status:

We started processing KATE ROXBURGH's application on September 18, 2007.

*takes a deep breath and tries to calm down* WOOHOO!!!!!!

Now you guys check!!!!!!!! Jeff, did you get your AOR yet? I hope you did!!!!

Now I'm freaking out because I only sent off my Police Clearance form last week!!!
Old Sep 25th 2007, 3:32 pm
Forum Regular

I just almost had a HEARTATTACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Look, look, look....

Permanent Residence Application Status:

We started processing KATE ROXBURGH's application on September 18, 2007.

*takes a deep breath and tries to calm down* WOOHOO!!!!!!

Now you guys check!!!!!!!! Jeff, did you get your AOR yet? I hope you did!!!!

Now I'm freaking out because I only sent off my Police Clearance form last week!!!
OHHHHHHH MY GOD!!!

I'VE JUST HAD A HEART ATTACK!!! HERE'S WHAT MINE SAYS...

Permanent Residence
We started processing JEFFREY ANDREW GWINNETT's application on September 17, 2007.

Medical results have been received.

AHHHHHH...

GOING DOWN TO MAIL NOW!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.