CPC Mississauga

Old Sep 14th 2007, 5:18 pm
Forum Regular

ChelseaUK is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: CPC Mississauga

Hey Andrewb143...

Yeah, I was a bit surprised to read online (yet excited..) to see that they had processed mine on the 11th, made a decison that same day and sent a letter out that day as well. I just have to wait to receive that letter and hope and pray its great news with 'approved' stamped on it.
Old Sep 17th 2007, 7:42 pm
Forum Regular

Yeeeeeeees!!!!

Received our letter from Mississauga today telling us our sponsorship application has been approved and its now off to London for the final stages.
Old Sep 18th 2007, 11:36 am
Forum Regular

Jeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by ChelseaUK
Yeeeeeeees!!!!

Received our letter from Mississauga today telling us our sponsorship application has been approved and its now off to London for the final stages.
Congrats Chels!!!See...it was all fine eh!

I'm still yet to hear from London!!It's been two weeks now since they received it...but I gotta stop counting as it's gonna drive me nuts!! Finished my job on Friday...so i'm now a bum...might write a book on Common-Law immigration!
Old Sep 18th 2007, 5:48 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you, Jeff. I was so pleased and excited to get that news.

So are you going to enjoy your time off work now? Might as well...treat it like a long holiday...

I wonder how long we have to wait for London to process our stuff. Canada was awfully quick, so hopefully London will be the same. I'm also hoping we get most of our stuff back too - like cards and photos - they can keep the old bills HaHa

Keep in touch and good luck with yours

Chelsea
Old Sep 18th 2007, 6:34 pm
Account Closed

annabella is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey everyone...

I just had a look on the CIC website to check the status of my common-law application I mailed July 29, 2007 - and nothing is showing yet.

It says on the website - Processing applications received up to: July 20, 2007. Current processing time is: 49 days.

Im just curious, does that mean that it would be be looked at/processed after the 49 days it takes to process the applications received before July 20th?

Just wondering when I'll be able to check on the website and see the status of my application or have it appear...so I know its in safe hands.

Thanks,

Chelsea
You have mentioned Mississauga in some of your postings. Are you doing an outland application then? I have been strongly recommended to do that too because it is quicker, although I am living in Canada with my common-law who is sponsoring me. I understand that you are a sponsor and your partner is either in UK or here. Do you know how easy it is to ship in personal effects while being sponsored but before being officially approved to stay? Any info would be useful and thanks in advance.
Old Sep 18th 2007, 6:47 pm
Forum Regular

Hi there Annabella...

I just recently came back from the UK. I was there for 2 years with my partner (he's British, Im Canadian) and it expired...so I had to come back home. We sent off our application to Mississauga as it is quicker. He is still in the UK but will be coming over in November/December as he's wrapping up the sale of his house.

As for shipping goods, I believe you can/could do that at anytime....if you have an address to send the items to. You'll have to fill out a customs document saying what you're shipping over, and there is a 'goods to follow' form, I believe...but to be honest, I'm not the best person to ask about that...as we havent had to sort shipping out yet. Sorry!

Perhaps someone else can answer Annabella's question?
Old Sep 18th 2007, 8:46 pm
Account Closed

Hi there Annabella...

I just recently came back from the UK. I was there for 2 years with my partner (he's British, Im Canadian) and it expired...so I had to come back home. We sent off our application to Mississauga as it is quicker. He is still in the UK but will be coming over in November/December as he's wrapping up the sale of his house.

As for shipping goods, I believe you can/could do that at anytime....if you have an address to send the items to. You'll have to fill out a customs document saying what you're shipping over, and there is a 'goods to follow' form, I believe...but to be honest, I'm not the best person to ask about that...as we havent had to sort shipping out yet. Sorry!

Perhaps someone else can answer Annabella's question?
Thank you.
Old Sep 19th 2007, 2:37 pm
Forum Regular

Jeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant futureJeffinthecity has a brilliant future

Thank you, Jeff. I was so pleased and excited to get that news.

So are you going to enjoy your time off work now? Might as well...treat it like a long holiday...

I wonder how long we have to wait for London to process our stuff. Canada was awfully quick, so hopefully London will be the same. I'm also hoping we get most of our stuff back too - like cards and photos - they can keep the old bills HaHa

Keep in touch and good luck with yours

Chelsea
Yeah i'm going to try and use the time productively...volunteering, try and learn a language etc. and take bit of a holiday!! I get to watch my beloved Arsenal in the Champions League live for the first time in a year and half!!

Going to make the most of it, as soon as the PR is in i'm gonna be working like a trojan!!!

Hopefully London will be speedy in processing our applications...but i'm not holding my breathe!!! Plus it will take them ages to get through our mammoth app. included soooo much stuff!!It weighed the same as a small child!!

I just hate not knowing what's going on...and the wait is gonna kill me!!!

Will keep you updated if I hear any rumblings from Landan!! :d
Old Sep 19th 2007, 4:31 pm
Account Closed

Yeeeeeeees!!!!

Chelsea sorry, it's me again,

What do you mean that "it's now off to London......". You would have filled in region specific forms, I would guess, while still in UK then to sponsor your partner and posted off the application to Mississauga from UK. Your sponsorship application has been approved then at Mississauga but what then does London have to do with it? I am asking this because I told you I have been advised to go for the outland route as it is quicker.
You did say that you were back here in Canada.
Thanks again
Old Sep 19th 2007, 5:12 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Annabella...

If application gets approved in Mississauga, it then gets sent to London for final stages...where PR is issued. From what I've read online, it looks like it can take 3-9 months for everything to be finalized. So if you apply out-land, its much quicker.

Are you currently in the UK or Canada atm?

Chelsea
Old Sep 19th 2007, 5:25 pm
Account Closed

Hi Annabella...

If application gets approved in Mississauga, it then gets sent to London for final stages...where PR is issued. From what I've read online, it looks like it can take 3-9 months for everything to be finalized. So if you apply out-land, its much quicker.

Are you currently in the UK or Canada atm?

Chelsea
I have been in Canada for well over a year now. Need to leave shortly for personal and business matters in Europe and shall submit sponsorship application on my return at which point I shall first have to have the medical .Many on this site advise me to apply outland. That would be through Paris though as although I am a Brit I have lived in France for many years. One snag brought to my attention is that if there had to be an interview, and we had applied through Paris, we would both have to pay the cost of travelling and staying there for that interview. Another prob is that as I am now here, my house in France is being sold, so no longer have a "residential address". If authorities in Paris wanted to contact me it would have to be here and would that be accepted. The only address I shall have once sale goes through beg Nov is here in Ontario. You can understand I am tempted to go inland even though there is a longer delay. It is just easier in the circumstances. I am retired so do not need a work permit as younger applicants would. I am also covered for medical insurance so don't need that either. In other words there is no particular rush except of course there would be peace of mind to have PR.
Old Sep 19th 2007, 5:25 pm
Forum Regular

I hear ya, Jeff

Our application was pretty darn heavy too. I had to squeeze everything into our large folder and it was packed tight.

I sure hope London are speedy and we all hear good news soon!

I sent a msg out to Mr. Miller yesterday asking about medicals because Scott had done his a bit too early...(well, 7 months to be exact!) before we finally sent our application off (it was much harder than we had expected...and took us time to prepare stuff and make sure it was perfect) so now we're worried that it might 'time out' if we dont hear back from London by December and he'll have to get them done again...and we all know those arent cheap. Gah.

Last edited by ChelseaUK; Sep 19th 2007 at 5:28 pm.
Old Sep 19th 2007, 5:31 pm
Forum Regular

Hey Annabella...

Im not sure what the time line would be for applying via Paris. I can only guess it'll be much quicker to apply via Paris than to apply in Canada. Maybe seek advice from Mr. Miller and he'll be able to give you a definite and accurate answer as to what is best for your situation.

Keep us posted on how it goes.

Chelsea
Old Sep 19th 2007, 7:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Giggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant future

Hi, guys!

Do any of you know how long it takes London to acknowledge that they have received the application? Ours was sent to London on September 6th and it doesn't say anything on ecas...hmmm, am I being impatient?! hahaha I know I am!!

C'mon LONDON!!!!!

This is my timeline so far...

We received your application to sponsor xxxxxx on August 1, 2007.

We started processing your application on September 6, 2007.

We sent you a letter on September 6, 2007 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We forwarded your application to the Ministère de l'Immigration et des Communautés culturelles (MICC) on September 6, 2007.

We forwarded your application to London on September 6, 2007.
Old Sep 19th 2007, 7:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Giggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant futureGiggles2080 has a brilliant future

Oh! I just wanted to know if you all sent in your Police Clearance/Certificate with your application? I'm only asking because I made a "Boo Boo" and got totally confused with reading EVERYTHING I could get my hands on about this whole bloody processing and got confused between inland and outland applications and their police checks...inland don't request police checks sent in with application - Outland DO request police checks with application.

Silly mistake on my part...I sent off the request for my Police Clearance/Certificate yesterday. I just hope it doesn't slow things down!! This is nail-biting stuff as it is! argh!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.