COPR Postage

Old Aug 31st 2016, 8:38 pm
Forum Regular

HighCeiling is an unknown quantity at this point
Default COPR Postage

If for some reason I get decision made while in Canada (outland pr via london, unlikely but you never know) and my mailing address is still in the UK and therefore my COPR is posted to the UK, would it be a case of having it posted by a family member to Canada and then crossing into the USA and landing? ... or do I just have to cross over and they can look it up on their systems and do a print out for me?

I am just trying to cover all bases before I go out to Canada again. I will be changing my address over to where I am staying in Canada but just in case it shows up before I get the chance...as I said highly unlikely but every case is different.
Old Aug 31st 2016, 9:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: COPR Postage

If they mailed it to your UK address and had it forwarded to a Canadian address then you could just drive down to the border and flag pole like the vast majority of those already in Canada do. Though CBSA could see it has been processed and technically reprint it they would also need to take a photo as the one sent to CIC after processing requires a photo so they can issue the PR card.
Old Aug 31st 2016, 9:22 pm
Forum Regular

HighCeiling is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
If they mailed it to your UK address and had it forwarded to a Canadian address then you could just drive down to the border and flag pole like the vast majority of those already in Canada do. Though CBSA could see it has been processed and technically reprint it they would also need to take a photo as the one sent to CIC after processing requires a photo so they can issue the PR card.
Thanks for the reply...I need to email CIC anyway to make sure they have taken note of my change of address. Not convinced the web form submission wen through correctly as it came up with an error twice before it finally did something, although no way of knowing for sure as you get no confirmation as such.
Old Aug 31st 2016, 10:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

If you get it sent from the UK use a reliable courier like DHL so it will arrive in a couple of days and you can track it all the way, rather than Royal Mail. The last couple of registered letters we've had sent from the UK via RM have taken forever and I couldn't track them once they'd left the UK. The DHL package arrived in 3 days and I knew exactly where it was at all times. Apparently, (a colleague told me) if you take it to the DHL processing centre it's much cheaper (but I don't know how to do this).

S

Last edited by Snowy560; Aug 31st 2016 at 10:35 pm.
Old Sep 15th 2016, 10:13 am
Just Joined

wardy1990 is an unknown quantity at this point

when they emailed you your COPR letter did you have to sign for it or did it come in the post box? im in England but have a mailing address in canada at the inlaws would like to know if they can courier it to me for landing.

regards

wardy
Old Sep 15th 2016, 11:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wardy1990
when they emailed you your COPR letter did you have to sign for it or did it come in the post box? im in England but have a mailing address in canada at the inlaws would like to know if they can courier it to me for landing.

The BE wiki is your friend! Check here

Basically, must be signed for in the UK. May or may not need to be signed for if posted to an address in Canada.
Old Sep 15th 2016, 2:39 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hurlabrick
The BE wiki is your friend! Check here

Basically, must be signed for in the UK. May or may not need to be signed for if posted to an address in Canada.
It has to be signed for in Canada as you have to use ExpressPost prepaid envelope for them to send it in.
Old Sep 15th 2016, 6:56 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
It has to be signed for in Canada as you have to use ExpressPost prepaid envelope for them to send it in.
Not if you apply via Family Class...
Old Sep 15th 2016, 11:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond reputeYorkiechef has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Snowy560
If you get it sent from the UK use a reliable courier like DHL so it will arrive in a couple of days and you can track it all the way, rather than Royal Mail. The last couple of registered letters we've had sent from the UK via RM have taken forever and I couldn't track them once they'd left the UK. The DHL package arrived in 3 days and I knew exactly where it was at all times. Apparently, (a colleague told me) if you take it to the DHL processing centre it's much cheaper (but I don't know how to do this).

S
I can only agree with this, work regularly send me large envelopes of paperwork from UK by Royal Mail/Canadian post, they can take up to 3 weeks to arrive. DHL takes 3 days tracked.

I really dont know why it takes so long, it is out of UK and on a flight in 2 days, then it is slow donkey from Toronto to Calgary. Canadian Post stinks.
Old Sep 15th 2016, 11:13 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
Not if you apply via Family Class...

Ok then well you have to for Express Entry specifically under FSW
Old Sep 19th 2016, 4:47 am
Forum Regular

adfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all. I'm just preparing for a worst-case scenario here.

Basically, I'm in China now working for a year and intend to move permanently to Canada when I've finished up here. However, I've got my CoPR (it arrived home in England whilst I was away) so have asked my brother to send it to China so I can take it with me when I land. I'm flying to Canada on 2nd October (deadline to land is 6th Oct).

However, for some (bizarre and annoying) reason, he sent it via 'Royal Mail International signed' mail instead of FedEx/DHL. The (vague) tracking says it's in Beijing and is waiting processing. However, in China, you can't guarantee a quick delivery.

If for some reason it didn't arrive in the next two weeks, what are my options? Believe me, I'm already mega-frustrated that they didn't use a courier....
Old Sep 19th 2016, 9:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by adfletch83
Hi all. I'm just preparing for a worst-case scenario here.

Basically, I'm in China now working for a year and intend to move permanently to Canada when I've finished up here. However, I've got my CoPR (it arrived home in England whilst I was away) so have asked my brother to send it to China so I can take it with me when I land. I'm flying to Canada on 2nd October (deadline to land is 6th Oct).

However, for some (bizarre and annoying) reason, he sent it via 'Royal Mail International signed' mail instead of FedEx/DHL. The (vague) tracking says it's in Beijing and is waiting processing. However, in China, you can't guarantee a quick delivery.

If for some reason it didn't arrive in the next two weeks, what are my options? Believe me, I'm already mega-frustrated that they didn't use a courier....
If you don't land by the 6th October then the COPR becomes invalid and you would have to start the process again unless CIC gave you an extension which I highly doubt they will.
This could work. Make sure you fly to Canada before 6th October. Explain to CBSA on arrival that you have been waiting for your COPR forms. If they check the GCMS system they should be able to see one has been issued and actually see the COPR form preview. They can reprint and do the landing. Bearing in mind you will probably also need to speak to a Superintendent if the officer says otherwise. If not all going well INSIST on speaking to a Superintendent.

Last edited by Former Lancastrian; Sep 19th 2016 at 9:25 am.
Old Sep 19th 2016, 9:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yorkiechef
I really dont know why it takes so long, it is out of UK and on a flight in 2 days, then it is slow donkey from Toronto to Calgary. Canadian Post stinks.

I had the same problem with Royal Mail track and trace delivering my 'pack' to CIC Mississauga - turned up there two weeks after sent (just as I was starting to seriously consider pulling together a replacement pack).

In doing reading around the subject, the consensus of opinion seems to be that it all gets hung up in Canadian customs for several days, once it is released to Canada Post, it take a day or two.

My understanding is that dedicated courier companies have their own customs clearance facilities - hence their apparent speed in comparison.

The moral of the story to me is that if you HAVE to have it in a few days, use a proper dedicated courier company - not national mail services.
Old Sep 19th 2016, 12:37 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

adfletch, I'd do as FL suggests. They *should* be able to reprint it for you at the airport. By chance, did your brother take a scan or copy of it before he put it in the post? Then at least you have something to take with you to the airport.

Hopefully you'll be ok, do keep us updated!
Old Sep 20th 2016, 1:08 am
Forum Regular

adfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond repute

If you don't land by the 6th October then the COPR becomes invalid and you would have to start the process again unless CIC gave you an extension which I highly doubt they will.
This could work. Make sure you fly to Canada before 6th October. Explain to CBSA on arrival that you have been waiting for your COPR forms. If they check the GCMS system they should be able to see one has been issued and actually see the COPR form preview. They can reprint and do the landing. Bearing in mind you will probably also need to speak to a Superintendent if the officer says otherwise. If not all going well INSIST on speaking to a Superintendent.
Thanks FL & SchnookoLoly, I was hoping that this would be the case. I mean, there are still 12 days until I fly so chances are that it'll be here, but I definitely don't wanna mess this up after waiting so long and spending so much.

Good suggestion on the pic/scan SchnookoLoly, my bro did actually send me a pic of the CoPR before he posted it and I have the e-copy of the letter sent by CIC that accompanies the CoPR. So I can print that too (as it has the barcode on the top). So I can hand them that, and show them the photos on my phone. I was wondering whether I should call someone first?

Also, I'll get an ETA too as I guess that will cause me issues if I can't have the CoPR in hand.

I am 100% travelling to Canada on 2nd Oct, tickets booked an paid for.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.