Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Converting part time work into full weeks for PR

Converting part time work into full weeks for PR

Old Sep 14th 2017, 5:20 pm
Just Joined

rinkydinky17 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Converting part time work into full weeks for PR

Hello everyone.

When a PR applicant has a combination of full and part time work experience how is this treated?

For example, if someone works a 42 hour week, it is my understanding that only 30 hours can be counted and this is classed as 1 week.

If the same person then works for example 16 hours second week, 8 hours third week and 24 the fourth...are these part time weeks added together 16+8+24 = 54 hours and this becomes a second week? What happens to the remainder hours if this is the case?

Following on from this point what happens to the remainder hours (i.e not a full week) at the end of a job, are these discarded or can they be added to the next job to form another week?

I have read through various threads and have found some interesting explanations, but no official IRCC/CIC document or clause that confirms the actual methodology used by officials to assess the Canadian work experience element of the applicant.

Thanks
Old Sep 14th 2017, 5:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Converting part time work into full weeks for PR

Hello!

Coincidently, we have just been discussing almost this exact same scenario as another poster asked almost the exact same questions only yesterday!. You will find many opinions here:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/immig...advice-903280/

and here:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/immig...urgent-903127/

Last edited by Snowy560; Sep 14th 2017 at 6:07 pm.